What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Overreactions - let's hear 'em! (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
Drew Brees will throw for 6000 yards!

Dez Bryant = on pace for 16 receptions and 0 TDs! 

(Actually that 1st one might actually happen based on their defense) 

Gimme some overreactions - might help you to vent instead of slashing your wrists or dropping 1/2 your offense. 

Alex Smith will lead the league with 768 passing attempts.
Jack Doyle will be the #1 fantasy TE.
Ten players will eclipse 2,000 yards from scrimmage.
Chris Boswell will kick 80 XP.
DeAngelo Williams will have 512 touches.
Blair Walsh will score 208 actual NFL points.

Jimmy Garoppolo keeps the starting job once Brady returns.  He beats The Giants in the SB to cap off 19-0 season.  Gisele leaves Tom for Jimmy.

Jimmy Garoppolo keeps the starting job once Brady returns.  He beats The Giants in the SB to cap off 19-0 season.  Gisele leaves Tom for Jimmy.
Patriots go 19-0 with a -38 turnover ratio and do not force a single turnover in the regular season or playoffs.

Overreaction of the week!  I award you 10,000,000 Internet points.   :moneybag:  Try not to spend them all in once place

Jimmy hits it once and kicks it to the curb 
Jimmy has a wild night of passion with TB12 retreads Tara Reid, Meghan Vasconcellos, Layla Roberts, Bridget Moynahan, and Giselle Bundchen, takes his job, and never calls any of these women ever again.

The Jets (new) Sack Exchange has 100+ sacks. Revis gets burnt so often, the NY media brings back the nickname Toast.

The Philadelphia Eagles, under starting rookie QB Carson Wentz, will go undefeated and win the Super Bowl!!!  :scared:

So this is where we just try to be funny instead of give legitimate, well considered opinions about who we think people will overvalue/undervalue going forward?

So this is where we just try to be funny instead of give legitimate, well considered opinions about who we think people will overvalue/undervalue going forward?
There are legit threads out there for waiver wire pick ups and how things will play out the rest of the season. This is an OVERREACTION thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex Smith will lead the league with 768 passing attempts.
Jack Doyle will be the #1 fantasy TE.
Ten players will eclipse 2,000 yards from scrimmage.
Chris Boswell will kick 80 XP.
DeAngelo Williams will have 512 touches.
Blair Walsh will score 208 actual NFL points.
Jack Doyle sounds like an agent in a Tom Clancy novel..."Get me Jack Doyle!"

Alex Smith won't be playing from behind by 3 TDs before the half too often. 

Blair Walsh missed a kick, they kick a lot of FGs in Minnesota, A LOT and that also takes into account ADP never moved the ball all day and was shut down. 

Jimmy has a wild night of passion with TB12 retreads Tara Reid, Meghan Vasconcellos, Layla Roberts, Bridget Moynahan, and Giselle Bundchen, takes his job, and never calls any of these women ever again.
That's the whole reason you become an NFL QB, you dream of upgrading shall we say. 

No, this is where you post your totally legitimate, well considered overreaction to things that we saw in week 1. You know you're overreacting to something - post it up! 

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE ALL OVERREACTING TO CHAKA'S CLEAR ATTEMPT TO OVERREACT TO THE CONTENT WITH RESPECT TO THE THREAD TITLE!

How's that? This would be a triple layered week 1 overreaction... championship.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE ALL OVERREACTING TO CHAKA'S CLEAR ATTEMPT TO OVERREACT TO THE CONTENT WITH RESPECT TO THE THREAD TITLE!

How's that? This would be a triple layered week 1 overreaction... championship.
Too meta. I deduct 1,000 internet points for trying too hard, and another 500 declaring your own championship title.  :pokey:

I'M QUITTING FANTASY FOOTBALL BECAUSE I LOST MY STAR WIDE RECEIVER IN THE FIRST HALF OF WEEK 1!!!! TOO MUCH LUCK IS INVOLVED!!!!!

I'M QUITTING FANTASY FOOTBALL BECAUSE I LOST MY STAR WIDE RECEIVER IN THE FIRST HALF OF WEEK 1!!!! TOO MUCH LUCK IS INVOLVED!!!!!
Not that anyone cares, but I already had 4 guys suspended and then had 2 players go on IR this week. Not quitting fantasy football because of it, just running out of guys to throw in my line up.

Sounds like a perfectly normal reaction. 

Until next season when you say, "just kidding fellas, when's the draft?"

then get all excited for a clean slate.

Lather, rinse, repeat.  :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread