What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hilarious play-by-play from MNF - guy runs on field (1 Viewer)

The best football play by play call ever.

Harlan is the Packers Pre-Season play by play commentator for TV games along with Rich Gannon. One of the best.

Kevin Harlan is a national treasure.  HOF broadcaster in two sports.  So glad this video is going viral.  

Harlan and Kevin McHale were the local TV broadcast team for the Timberwolves one year.  Their shtick made local broadcasts of a 20-62 team appointment television.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard him on DP show this morning. He hadn't heard the full replay yet (only a small portion during last nite's post-game). He was giggling by the end of the replay.

He was worried about being sued for calling the guy drunk! :lmao:

Harlan and Kevin McHale were the local TV broadcast team for the Timberwolves one year.  Their shtick made local broadcasts of a 20-62 team appointment television.
Please tell me some of this is on the internet somewhere.  Loved McHale's candor and sense of humor as a Celtic and I know he kept that up post-playing career.

Kevin Harlan is a national treasure.  HOF broadcaster in two sports.  So glad this video is going viral.  

Eeeeeeeeeeeasy Riiiiiiiiiiider.  

Please tell me some of this is on the internet somewhere.  Loved McHale's candor and sense of humor as a Celtic and I know he kept that up post-playing career.
The one to look for is a game against Phoenix.  The Suns were the defending conference champs with Barkley at peak.  On the night I'm thinking about , KJ was hurt and Majerle couldn't find the basket, but Danny Ainge came off the bench and rescued the Suns, scoring at least 30 in a PHX win.  McHale and Ainge were talking #### to each other during the game like it was a Celtics scrimmage in 1985.  A lot of it made the broadcast. 

Eeeeeeeeeeeasy Riiiiiiiiiiider.  
Harlan flying solo on the radio, especially road games on the West Coast, were a special treat.  No one was listening and Harlan knew it.  KFAN, in its infinite wisdom, decided a great way to make halftime special was to have listeners call in and Harlan take their questions on air.  There were nights when no one would call in.  So Harlan would call the studio form the arena, disguise his voice, ask a question, then hang up and listen to himself answering his own question.

McHale almost always had food at the announcer's table, and when the game got out of hand he wouldn't wait until breaks to eat.  Harlan would work McHale's food consumption into stat reports.  "Timberwolves game leaders... points, Rider with 12.... rebounds, Laettner with 8... turnovers, Person with 7... chocolate chip cookies consumed, McHale with 6."

Jeff Fisher looked pissed but I bet he was just trying to figure out what sort of contract to offer the guy.

Love Harlan. He was the Chiefs radio guy for awhile in the late 80's, early 90's. Has lived in Kansas City for a long time, and the local guys have him on all the time.

He's great.

Users who are viewing this thread