What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 200 Forward (1 Viewer)

sj80

Footballguy
I notice that the "Top 200 Forward" list is no longer part of the weekly prep pages.  I always found this feature to be invaluable.  Has this been moved somewhere else, or is it no longer being published?

anyone having issues where they don't show your players in Yellow and the Free agents in light blue?

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone having issues where they don't show your players in Yellow and the Free agents in light blue?
Yep. I emailed support to advise. Hopefully they could fix it quickly. It appears to be limited to this as the weekly cheatsheets do have the yellow/light blue shading.

Hope they get this fixed asap, I find this way more valuable for waiver claims than the other tools. 

Hope they get this fixed asap, I find this way more valuable for waiver claims than the other tools. 
Same here. It might be my most valuable tool, but without sorting it's next to useless and a total PITA.

Hope this is fixed tonight.  My waivers run in the morning and this is my favourite tool and the main reason I purchase a subscription.  Please fix this asap guys!

i used the MY WEEKLY CHEATSHEET (INSEASON) to help me find the available guys and bounced that vs the top 200. its not ideal but it got the job done.

My point is they f'ed up the timing.  This is why retailers don't try something brand new in December, why car dealerships don't try something new in September/October, etc.  Figure stuff out before peak season, then perform when your customers need you to.  Not complicated.

I tend to agree with some of you. This site certainly does offer a lot. But it seems lately the focus has shifted to making things new and improved instead of just sticking with what works.

I have subscribed for as long as I can remember. But with as much advice as there is out there for free, I am kind of regretting subscribing this season.

ESPN goes down for 2 hours on Sunday, and there are notifications sent to all leagues, a note on the main page, and their star personalities taking to twitter and the web with apologies.

Nothing at FBG has worked since August and it's been radio silence this week from @Joe Bryant and @David Dodds. One thread asking people to help has been abandoned.

It's obvious that the move to the new software has been a huge disaster for this site. They've blown a lot of trust this year. I wonder how many refund requests will have to come in before they notice.
Nobody's posting in the FBG help thread because they fixed the issue. The site is working with the exception of the white out on top 200. These things aren't exclusive to this year. There's always something not quite perfect. It wouldn't be fantasy football if everything was perfect.. CBS used to be the worst as their live scoring and draft would crash all the time. ESPN draft didn't crash but their live scoring did. Typically these problems get remedied after week 1. We'll see next week if ESPN live scoring servers can keep up with the demand. Regarding FBG, I am not having any issues. I can sync my league from ESPN which is cool since it only used to be syncs with MFL. 

Nobody's posting in the FBG help thread because they fixed the issue. The site is working with the exception of the white out on top 200. These things aren't exclusive to this year. There's always something not quite perfect. It wouldn't be fantasy football if everything was perfect.. CBS used to be the worst as their live scoring and draft would crash all the time. ESPN draft didn't crash but their live scoring did. Typically these problems get remedied after week 1. We'll see next week if ESPN live scoring servers can keep up with the demand. Regarding FBG, I am not having any issues. I can sync my league from ESPN which is cool since it only used to be syncs with MFL. 
The problem is ESPN is free to host your league. We're paying money to use FBG. When people pay for something, it's expected it will work and in the event it doesn't, that there will be communication about the issue.

MyFBG has always synced with ESPN, Yahoo, and MFL. That isn't some new feature this season. Things on myFBG seem to be working a little better now, but still having syncing issues.

I am looking at the 200 forward for my league on another tab, and it is showing the free agents shaded in blue.

It works under the MYFBG Classic page, but not under the Week 2 content page.  I'd prefer it to work there.
it works for me under the week 2 content page, as well.

You have to switch the scoring system to the league you're interested in (the default is FBG standard scoring), but once you do that, you can highlight the free agents available in that league.  Without identifying the scoring system, how are they supposed to know which league you are looking for FA's in? :confused:

Just a heads up ... if you go to the NEW MYFBG they still have K Allen as WR15 in the "rest of the season tab" :no: .   My guess is they are just being updated in the classic (or I may just be doing something wrong)

Walking Boot said:
Perhaps @Adam Harstad should update his "how to get the most out of a footballguys subscription" to include "how to get a refund".

I just scanned most of the FBG staff twitter accounts. No mention of any problems here. Dodds seems pretty proud all the DFS stuff works.
Good to see all the focus on DFS hasn't negatively impacted regular FF content like I feared.

when you click on an other owners team, it highlights the players in pink. however the teams are not matching up with my league.

EDT: the same problem happens for the week 2 rankings

I appreciate customers who complain when they don't feel they are getting what's been advertised or getting their moneys worth. However, some of you must be new around here because things have never worked perfectly and therefore I've adjusted (lowered) my expectations for the promises and the product (but I still enjoy the product so I'm still here). For years FBG's promised Mac compatibility and it took them probably 10 years. Weekly content was always inconsistent on time of delivery vs the promise. Lineup Dominator would be turned off during the  FF Playoffs. Thanksgiving is always a crap shoot because the guys are spending time with their families. And yet here I am because while there are a bunch of services that have caught up to FBG's I'm comfortable here. 

I appreciate customers who complain when they don't feel they are getting what's been advertised or getting their moneys worth. However, some of you must be new around here because things have never worked perfectly and therefore I've adjusted (lowered) my expectations for the promises and the product (but I still enjoy the product so I'm still here). For years FBG's promised Mac compatibility and it took them probably 10 years. Weekly content was always inconsistent on time of delivery vs the promise. Lineup Dominator would be turned off during the  FF Playoffs. Thanksgiving is always a crap shoot because the guys are spending time with their families. And yet here I am because while there are a bunch of services that have caught up to FBG's I'm comfortable here. 
:goodposting:

Although I'm the opposite, all of this garbage year in and year out is why I stopped subscribing.  After reading the threads about this year sounds like I made the right decision.

I still enjoy it, but this year it seems like more and more things aren't working. It used to be that instead of early evening, the Top 200 came out later in the evening. No biggie, I'll just check back later. But with all the issues with MyFBGs and the new Draft Dominator, it has turned a lot of people off. It's one thing to adjust to a new schedule, it's another to adjust to the tools you're paying for not working properly.

It's a sad statement about how @Joe Bryant runs his business that this is criticism so true, and has been for over a decade. He PM'd me about this issue last week, wondering why I always seemed so down on footballguys. And I honestly told him that his mismanagement is very off-putting to customers. I brought up the fact that missed deadlines have been a staple of this place. And that it never gets better, only worse, as time goes on.
Really?  Does he read all the people having issues?

It's late today, even the early projections aren't out for Tremblay or Dodds.  Normally you can get the top 200 faster on the "my fbg" page before the link gets posted in the week 6 content page.  It's been like that for the last few weeks, the links don't get posted but you can find the articles either tweeted out by various staff, or in my fbg.

one thing I would like the FBG Staff to think about for next year, Front Load all the content to Tuesday and Wednesday, most waivers are closed or used up by then.

The earlier the better.

I don't really check much after Thursday as the die has been cast!

one thing I would like the FBG Staff to think about for next year, Front Load all the content to Tuesday and Wednesday, most waivers are closed or used up by then.

The earlier the better.

I don't really check much after Thursday as the die has been cast!
The top 200 forward has been out all this year prior to 1pm EST.  It's late today, hopefully this doesn't revert back towards the 5PM est of last year.

I agree.   It's even like that for the DFS content, most of the good stuff comes out Friday and Saturday which almost makes you punt the Thursday contests, depending on the information you receive.

The top 200 forward has been out all this year prior to 1pm EST.  It's late today, hopefully this doesn't revert back towards the 5PM est of last year.

I agree.   It's even like that for the DFS content, most of the good stuff comes out Friday and Saturday which almost makes you punt the Thursday contests, depending on the information you receive.
ya I loved how its been early all year.  I feel like maybe they did that to make up for the fact that it screwed up and didn't highlight players the first week and that screwed a lot of people over or made it much more difficult.  Now it seems to have slipped again.  Hopefully just a one week thing but I love having it ready when I wake up on Tuesday! 

Almost 5pm and nothing, no communication.  Waivers run tonight.  In office leagues it would be nice to have as many owners in my league like to deal on Tuesday before waivers process. So the emails flow.  The top 200 forward is my favorite item of the week and it's late.  Early projections no where to be found.

:wall:

Users who are viewing this thread