What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 2 (1 Viewer)

CJ Anderson is just way too cheap at $7800.  Assuming McCown is the starter he seems like the obvious play for cash at $6000.  Michael Thomas is my favorite GPP play right now at $5000

CJ Anderson is just way too cheap at $7800.  Assuming McCown is the starter he seems like the obvious play for cash at $6000.  Michael Thomas is my favorite GPP play right now at $5000
Yeah, to me it looks like CJ and DWill are best cash options.  Neither are overpriced, so you can throw in a damn WR with a juicy matchup this week - Julio or Green perhaps

Fan Duel is the place to play Ware, he is 25% less expensive than on Draft kings--Power salary of $5,111 FD vs $6,739 DK.  Dak may have a low salary on FD, but he is priced so much lower on DK. How much lower? Nearly 50% lower--that is a huge savings and the place to play him, though he is even slightly less on Fantasy Aces, if you play there.  So good job passing on him on FD.

Eli is a good play on FD, A Smith is better on DK by 15%.

I love CJ on FD, they have his lowest price.  I like McCown a lot on DK as they have priced him at the minimum--no place else has done that but FD has him priced higher than all the other sites.  Fan Duel is the place for Michael Thomas--they value him less than the other sites that we monitor. 

Hope this helps. Good luck!

When does the interactive value chart go live? Seems like Dodds' projections are out, but no MT. 

Fan Duel is the place to play Ware, he is 25% less expensive than on Draft kings--Power salary of $5,111 FD vs $6,739 DK.  Dak may have a low salary on FD, but he is priced so much lower on DK. How much lower? Nearly 50% lower--that is a huge savings and the place to play him, though he is even slightly less on Fantasy Aces, if you play there.  So good job passing on him on FD.

I love CJ on FD, they have his lowest price.  I like McCown a lot on DK as they have priced him at the minimum--no place else has done that but FD has him priced higher than all the other sites.  Fan Duel is the place for Michael Thomas--they value him less than the other sites that we monitor. 

Why am I paying for your site if you are going to come on here to let everyone know for free what I am paying for on your site?

This is good stuff. If I had the time to play multiple platforms I would be all over your site. 

Why am I paying for your site if you are going to come on here to let everyone know for free what I am paying for on your site?
Hey topman, I'm just offering a few samples. You have access to every player, every position. I'm really just trying to be helpful and give a little advice. But, yes, it certainly helps to have the Power Salary for every player. Don't worry, we won't give away the farm!

My initial thoughts on my first pass through...

At first blush, I want as much of the NYG/NO and OAK/ATL passing that I can get.

Paul Kuharsky, who is generally pretty good in his assessment of the Titans, is concerned that Stafford is going to shred them, FWIW. 

Seems tough to not play Anderson, but I'm wondering if Semien wouldn't be a nice play at QB to free up salary to finagle 2 of the 3 top salary WRs. 

I might be plug-and-play w/ Seattle's defense across the board. 

Tennessee_ATO said:
Paul Kuharsky, who is generally pretty good in his assessment of the Titans, is concerned that Stafford is going to shred them, FWIW. 
This is a reason why I aam targeting Tajeh Sharpe for my cheaper #3 wr option.   Seen 11 targets in a close game last week.   Will there be more to keep pace? 

Is there anyone else doing the Survivor on FD? If so, how are you approaching this week in terms of strategy? I'm thinking I should play it like cash and split my entries between my top 2 cash lineup's. 

Worked in week 1 ...going to try the same core in week 2

Winston

Evans

Ware

D-Wil

going to try and work either Cooks or Hilton and see how that shakes out.

Tennessee_ATO said:
My initial thoughts on my first pass through...

At first blush, I want as much of the NYG/NO and OAK/ATL passing that I can get.

Seems tough to not play Anderson, but I'm wondering if Semien wouldn't be a nice play at QB to free up salary to finagle 2 of the 3 top salary WRs. 

I might be plug-and-play w/ Seattle's defense across the board. 
Siemian could be a good call.  Taking my first real look at it though I think Im just going full on Eli.  Hes a little more than I want to spend, but the floor/ceiling for his price is going to be too hard to get away from I think.  It does create some pricing issues though.  If Ware is good to go that could change, but assuming he's still limping and/or Charles is back Im going to want two of those mid 7000s guys.  I want to get Amari in if I can too, but could probably be comfortable with something like Tate $6700, Landry $6500, and Matthews $6900.  That leaves an issue at TE though.  I like Olson and Reed alot, but nothing below that.  Honestly, as crazy as it sounds I think my third favorite play regardless of price may be Jesse James.  He got 7 targets last week and two of those were in the red zone.

Maybe something like
Eli
CJ Anderson
DeAngelo Williams
Amari Cooper
Jarvis Landry
Jordan Matthews
Jesse James
Stephen Gostkowski
Carolina Panthers

Is there anyone else doing the Survivor on FD? If so, how are you approaching this week in terms of strategy? I'm thinking I should play it like cash and split my entries between my top 2 cash lineup's. 
Only 5 of my 10 made it thru week 1 (Thanks Wilson+Gurley).  

I'm planning to put them on a single cash lineup.  So far working on this:

Stafford

CJA / Jennings

Fitz / Sanders / Landry --> also interested in Crabtree, Snead (and Beckham, but he blows up the whole roster due to price)

Reed

Bryant

Panthers or Seahawks 

I see that there may be thunderstorms in the Giants-Saints game and Bengals-Steelers game. Anyone have any concern for that?

Siemian could be a good call.  Taking my first real look at it though I think Im just going full on Eli.  Hes a little more than I want to spend, but the floor/ceiling for his price is going to be too hard to get away from I think.  It does create some pricing issues though.  If Ware is good to go that could change, but assuming he's still limping and/or Charles is back Im going to want two of those mid 7000s guys.  I want to get Amari in if I can too, but could probably be comfortable with something like Tate $6700, Landry $6500, and Matthews $6900.  That leaves an issue at TE though.  I like Olson and Reed alot, but nothing below that.  Honestly, as crazy as it sounds I think my third favorite play regardless of price may be Jesse James.  He got 7 targets last week and two of those were in the red zone.

Maybe something like
Eli
CJ Anderson
DeAngelo Williams
Amari Cooper
Jarvis Landry
Jordan Matthews
Jesse James
Stephen Gostkowski
Carolina Panthers
He might be a tad risky for cash, but inserting M. Thomas as my WR3 eases the salary crunch if you go with an Eli-type at QB.  The only reason I'm not all-in on Eli is the fact that he's Eli.  He's always good for at least 1 inexplicable turd every year.  Not Cutler-level turd, but a turd nonetheless.  He's almost certainly the QB I'll start building my GPP's around.  He may find his way into one of my cash lineups too, although I do like what I can put around Semien at first glance.

Stafford

CJA / Jennings

Fitz / Sanders / Landry --> also interested in Crabtree, Snead (and Beckham, but he blows up the whole roster due to price)

Reed

Bryant

Panthers or Seahawks 
I started with 5 and all of them advanced, through no skill of mine.

I'm thinking I'll go with a 3-2 split between my 1st and 2nd cash lineups if I like the 2nd well enough.  Last week was so odd, and there was such an overlay, I don't have any sense of the level of competition.  Taking the FD population as a whole, finishing outside the bottom third should be pretty easy with chalk.  I'm not sure the competition is the FD population as a whole though.

He might be a tad risky for cash, but inserting M. Thomas as my WR3 eases the salary crunch if you go with an Eli-type at QB.  The only reason I'm not all-in on Eli is the fact that he's Eli.  He's always good for at least 1 inexplicable turd every year.  Not Cutler-level turd, but a turd nonetheless.  He's almost certainly the QB I'll start building my GPP's around.  He may find his way into one of my cash lineups too, although I do like what I can put around Semien at first glance.
Danny Woodhead is also another option.  His usage goes way up when Allen isnt on the field and I expect the Chargers play most of the game behind too.  Bortles is another option I like right around that price range.

I see that there may be thunderstorms in the Giants-Saints game and Bengals-Steelers game. Anyone have any concern for that?
How can a weatherman say more than 4 days out theres a 100% chance of rain?  Thats so stupid.  Theres not even a 100% chance an asteroid wont collide with Heinz Field on Saturday.  Still no way Im locking in any of those guys in a Thursday 50/50 on H2H lineup though.

If Ivory is out again Yeldon is a solid Cash play to free up some cash. 
The problem with Yeldon is hes just not very good.  He'll get 20+ touches, but unless he scores a TD that still may not mean more than 5 points.

My lineup is very similar to Nixon's above:

Bortles or Manning

DWill, CJ Anderson

Cooper, Fitz, Matthews

Rudolph

Prater

NE

Another one that I had, but only MT seemed to like out of the 3 projections:

Stafford

David Johnson, Woodhead

Green, Crabtree, Sharpe

Witten

Prater

Seattle

Alex Smith

CJ Anderson

Thomas Rawls

OBJ

Golden Tate

Tajeh Sharpe 

Travis Kelce

Justin Tucker 

Seahawks D

I am thinking Rawls maybe more a gpp. Not a fan of this after second thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually spent some time creating an initial cash lineup, forcing myself to not use Semien.  This is what I came up with.

Stafford

CJ/DWill

ODB/Crabtree/Thomas

Witten

McManus

Seattle

Stafford could actually become any of those "tier 2" priced guys -- Cousins, Dalton, Ryan, Eli, Bortles, etc.  All of them have some appeal.  If I went to Eli, I would likely turn ODB into Julio probably, although AJ is really attractive there too.  FWIW, the FBG like this one better quite a bit better than the Siemian lineup I threw together quickly, aside from Dodds, who just likes it a little bit better.

I'm running more Thursday cash games this week.  With a point total of 40 for tonight's game I'm hoping for ugly football and to benefit more from the Thursday fade.  I am a little worried about the early lock and weather for ODB, Antonio and AJG, though.

Stafford

CJA / Jennings

Reed

Bryant

Panthers or Seahawks 
Did they have the FBG survivor $5 contest Andi missed it? Or was this something else?

Some divergent projections from SB, MT, and DD this week. I like it. Too early in the season for independent assessments to start to converge too much. Highlights the relative lack of groupthink from those guys. 

Im new to FD and signed up for the season long (I think that's what it is) through FBG....I cant seem to find where I add my week 2 line up.  Can some one lend a hand?

So Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New York, and New England all have an 80% or better chance of thunderstorms on Sunday according to weather.com.  Pittsburgh seems to have the worst projection, but Im pretty sure each city is done by the local weather man, so who knows.  Washington DC has a 40% chance.  With that in mind I think Im pivoting to a Cam Newton/Matt Forte lineup for my Thursday H2Hs.  I can still get CJ in there, and avoid all the weather.  The only guy I have in there at the moment from those games is Landry, but thats an easy pivot over to one of the Lions guys.

Edit:  Alternatively, Stafford and Carr are obviously options too

Your guess is as good as mine.  I just saw in another thread apparently there is a free DFS contest. Im not sure where that was ever advertised

Honestly, I don't know.  I received an email a few weeks ago and it was mentioned so I signed up.  I know it was free, I thought all season and through Fanduel
Here is last weeks:

https://www.fanduel.com/games/16073/contests/16073-25493043/entries/1013595162/scoring

"Footballguys Subscriber Contest -- FanDuel Edition"

I can't find the new one.  It might not be up yet?

I'm guessing we will get an email from Fanduel when it is posted since everyone advanced.

Tennessee_ATO said:
Some divergent projections from SB, MT, and DD this week. I like it. Too early in the season for independent assessments to start to converge too much. Highlights the relative lack of groupthink from those guys. 
I was noticing that too, and I figure all info is good info, so what do you guys do with that info?

- Is there one of the 3 that you tend to go with over the others, or do you look at the average?

- Do you look for players that are close for all three projections for cash, and the others for gpp?

I was noticing that too, and I figure all info is good info, so what do you guys do with that info?

- Is there one of the 3 that you tend to go with over the others, or do you look at the average?

- Do you look for players that are close for all three projections for cash, and the others for gpp?
On the Cash I do compare to see where all 3 of them are high on the same person. Currently there are 2 RBs that fall in the top 3 projections of each one of them and across almost any sight you to go to these are mostly both or one of them is in everyone's cash game. For GPP what I am doing is what I always do and picking my own players then comparing to see if all 3 have a player extremely lower than I would expect then go back to see if i missed something.

On the Cash I do compare to see where all 3 of them are high on the same person. Currently there are 2 RBs that fall in the top 3 projections of each one of them and across almost any sight you to go to these are mostly both or one of them is in everyone's cash game. For GPP what I am doing is what I always do and picking my own players then comparing to see if all 3 have a player extremely lower than I would expect then go back to see if i missed something.
What's the cost for this service? The FBG service that is

It all depends.  I do my own research and come-up with my own lineups.  Only after I have a solid foundation for 2-3 lineups do I look at the charts to see what the guys who do this for a living think of them.  When they collectively generally agree with me, I consider that validation that I'm at least not entirely off-base.  If they all collectively generally disagree with me, I reconsider my thoughts pretty heavily.  If there is a divergence of opinions, I drill down into what each thinks and why, then use that information to help guide my assessment.

What's the cost for this service? The FBG service that is
$34.95

This year all DFS information is included with the FBG Pro Subscription that includes a huge amount of information for season long. 

Next year there will be a different price structure.

Users who are viewing this thread