What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 2 (1 Viewer)

Yes for the year.

Currently FootballGuys only does Football although they may add on to the DFS portion if i am remembering correctly.

Yes for the year.

Currently FootballGuys only does Football although they may add on to the DFS portion if i am remembering correctly.
Has the info made a difference for your bankroll?  I'm good on baseball and basketball and made a small profit this weekend on the NFL, but would love some opinions I can trust.

Has the info made a difference for your bankroll?  I'm good on baseball and basketball and made a small profit this weekend on the NFL, but would love some opinions I can trust.
I have been a subscriber here for many years. Originally I subscribed only for the season long information which is plentiful. I believe they are up to 60 staff/owners that contribute to the information here on the sight. Not all doing DFS but enough are involved in the DFS side to give you multiple views. They have books on the subject that start at the beginning of how to create a line-up all the way to advance strategies and money management. 

I have won many season long leagues and mainly only play cash in DFS. I have never had a losing season although I did lose money one week 2 years ago playing DFS. Every other week I have turned a profit. I usually only play for $10.00 and under but have played in games up to the $100.00 range. 

So i would say yes they have made a difference for my bankroll.

I have been a subscriber here for many years. Originally I subscribed only for the season long information which is plentiful. I believe they are up to 60 staff/owners that contribute to the information here on the sight. Not all doing DFS but enough are involved in the DFS side to give you multiple views. They have books on the subject that start at the beginning of how to create a line-up all the way to advance strategies and money management. 

I have won many season long leagues and mainly only play cash in DFS. I have never had a losing season although I did lose money one week 2 years ago playing DFS. Every other week I have turned a profit. I usually only play for $10.00 and under but have played in games up to the $100.00 range. 

So i would say yes they have made a difference for my bankroll.
Sounds good, thanks for the input

So Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New York, and New England all have an 80% or better chance of thunderstorms on Sunday according to weather.com.  Pittsburgh seems to have the worst projection, but Im pretty sure each city is done by the local weather man, so who knows.  Washington DC has a 40% chance.  With that in mind I think Im pivoting to a Cam Newton/Matt Forte lineup for my Thursday H2Hs.  I can still get CJ in there, and avoid all the weather.  The only guy I have in there at the moment from those games is Landry, but thats an easy pivot over to one of the Lions guys.

Edit:  Alternatively, Stafford and Carr are obviously options too
Although they're still predicting thunderstorms, the weather in Pittsburgh is predicted to only have wind speeds of 8 MPH which under the threshold of what really impacts game outcomes. I don't know if i believe the weatherman though. Makes me want to pivot from AB to AG and bump up my K and DEF. 

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=pittsburgh weather

Stafford

ware cj

crab jj fitz

sea/kicker

thoughts?
What are others thoughts on Ware?  As I was going through stuff, he missed the cut.  Hard not to like him again this week, but this time on the road, good D, KC not supposed to score a ton, etc..  As I looked at him, I just seemed to end up paying a little more to get CJ in there or less and go with Woodhead.  Feel like I am missing something or overthinking this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although they're still predicting thunderstorms, the weather in Pittsburgh is predicted to only have wind speeds of 8 MPH which under the threshold of what really impacts game outcomes. I don't know if i believe the weatherman though. Makes me want to pivot from AB to AG and bump up my K and DEF. 

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=pittsburgh weather
Yeah, I dont know what to think.  I am pretty sure its the local guys doing the weather reports, but I could be wrong.  If it is the local guys the accuracy is going to vary wildly from city to city.  Theres no way I come of Carolina Defense for Cash though.  I dont care what kind of upgrade I can get elsewhere, thats the safest spot on the slate.

Oakland D is starting to interest me for GPPs.  Matt Ryan plays alot worse on the road, Devonta struggling and now banged up, Julio limping, Sanu hurt, and they have to travel cross country after a tough division loss?  I can see the wheels coming off a bit for the Falcons this week

Threw together a lineup using Forte and McCoy. Forte was great obviously. When Gillislee scored that last TD I initially thought it was McCoy. Talk about going from kinda bummed to excited to bummed in the span of about 5 seconds. 

Any way ODB doesnt score 20 this weekend? I want to fade him in GPP, but I keep going back to him, not wanting to miss the boat. 

Thoughts on Emmanuel Sanders with DT banged up? 

Timmay said:
Any way ODB doesnt score 20 this weekend? I want to fade him in GPP, but I keep going back to him, not wanting tmiss the boat. 

Thoughts . on Emmanuel Sanders with DT banged up? 
Besides a big storm . hitting, yeah, chances are he his going to hit 20.  The only thing I keep thinking about for gpp is everone will be all over this game, so I wonder if the better play is to spend bigger money on another game  

Az/TB is at 50 o/u with AZ projected at 28 like NY. Oakland is projected to score 27 at home.  I keep looking at guys like D.Johnson and Cooper for the big dollar plays instead of OBJ and guys like Cruz or Thomas in that NYG/NO game  

The weather concerns seem to be mostly gone in New York.  Its gone from an 80% chance of thunderstorms to a 40% later in the day.  Pittsburgh still has a huge flashing red light though.  Its hard not to like Odell, the Saints are terrible.  Every secondary Rob Ryan touches turns into a secondary from the MAC.  Dude was only in Buffalo for 2 weeks and Fitzpatrick put up 375 yards last night.  Itll be years before that stink is gone from New Orleans.  Theres some good cheaper WR options though, not so much at RB.  I think this will be the first week I ever have 100% exposure to a player, CJ Anderson.  Cash, GPPs, friendly wagers with friends.  If I can get Odell in after that I certainly would though.

Is anyone considering Brees for cash? I know his salary is ridiculously high, but I'd be kinda shocked if he doesn't hit 350-2 and 450-4 doesn't seem all that impossible. 

Breed road splits are way too bad.  Cook's too.  If I'm paying up its Newton.  For Saints though I think it's Michael Thomas week

Anyone rolling with both CJA and Virgil Green in a lineup for cash?  I like the lineups you can build with Green at TE, like Green more than James at the price, and don't see myself moving off CJ -- just a little worried about too many eggs in the DEN basket. 

Not much mention of Allen Robinson in this weeks thread - I think he goes off this week @ SD.  I'm a Chargers fan and this is the week you'd think they'd want to get redemption from last weeks embarrassing KC comeback but I've sat through enough of these losses to know when the secondary complacency will come calling. 

Not much mention of Allen Robinson in this weeks thread - I think he goes off this week @ SD.  I'm a Chargers fan and this is the week you'd think they'd want to get redemption from last weeks embarrassing KC comeback but I've sat through enough of these losses to know when the secondary complacency will come calling. 
Robinson is a gpp only this week for me. Verett is very good and I expect him to shadow. Just too many other guys in dream spots to use him in cash. He does have big upside however. 15 targets last week and 3 in the end zone. 

Anyone rolling with both CJA and Virgil Green in a lineup for cash?  I like the lineups you can build with Green at TE, like Green more than James at the price, and don't see myself moving off CJ -- just a little worried about too many eggs in the DEN basket. 
 I have 2 cash lineups-both have CJ 1 has green and the other ebron.

$1 GPP lineup

cutler

Jennings elliot

robinson  Jeffery m thomas

olsen

gano

car d

fading all the chalk at qb,rb and wr and going with guys with upside in high total games

Is there no way to hide these Beginner contests?  If I'm not a Beginner, which I'm not because FD gave me some special icon, I shouldn't even see them.  They are totally cluttering up lobby.

Timmay said:
Any way ODB doesnt score 20 this weekend? I want to fade him in GPP, but I keep going back to him, not wanting to miss the boat. 

Thoughts on Emmanuel Sanders with DT banged up? 
Honestly, usually fading the chalk play at QB (and the obvious stack- Eli & Beckham) in a GPP is the way to go, but I don't see that being the case this week. This Saints defense is going to be insanely bad. Unless there is an injury I can see Eli throwing for 4-5 touchdowns again. I think the winner will have a Eli + OBJ stack plus a couple low-owned players.

Got two similar cash game lineups I am toying with...

Manning, CJ, Langford, Benjamin, Fitzgerald, J Matthews, Walker, Prater, Baltimore

Stafford, CJ, DWill, ODB, Fitzgerald, Crabtree, V. Green, Prater, Baltimore

Maybe I will run them both out there.  Green is dirt cheap let's me get ODB and DWill in there.  I like Walker though after seeing the Indy TEs torch Detroit last week.  But that may just be wishful thinking since I own Walker in my main season long league.

The rain concerns seem to have gone down most places.  New England still expecting 10-20 mph gusts and Pittsburgh still 80% for thunderstorms beginning in the morning

Galileo said:
Got two similar cash game lineups I am toying with...

Manning, CJ, Langford, Benjamin, Fitzgerald, J Matthews, Walker, Prater, Baltimore

Stafford, CJ, DWill, ODB, Fitzgerald, Crabtree, V. Green, Prater, Baltimore

Maybe I will run them both out there.  Green is dirt cheap let's me get ODB and DWill in there.  I like Walker though after seeing the Indy TEs torch Detroit last week.  But that may just be wishful thinking since I own Walker in my main season long league.
I like your 2nd lineup and those players were in a few variations I ran last night. Basically can interchange with little effort Stafford/Manning, same RBs/Miller, ODB/Brown, Crabtree, Fitz, Green/James, Prater/Janikowski, NE/Balt.

Stafford

jennings

bernard

ab

obj

jones jr

ebron

lutz

Panthers

love getting obj/brown with lions stack with lutz/panthers D, thinking about swapping gio for Crowell, riddick was also affordable. 

1pm only viable

My $1 gpp entry:

Flacco

Stewart, Woodhead

OBJ, Green, Marvin

Pitta

Prater

Carolina

Kept staring at the projected team points, and Baltimore was there with some decent projected points vs. a horrible Cleveland team.  Problem is guessing where the points will go, but I figured that's the point of the gpps so that is the Qb/TE stack I ended up with.  Figured everybody would be on the Denver stacks, so wanted to go a different route. This also allows me to look at the weather.  If we think it will effect games, I can switch to NE and Julio instead of Carolina and Green.  (seems like the Pitt/Cin is the one that seems might be the most effected of the big o/u games)

I definitely love Wallace this week too.  Im taking Devin Knotts lead this week for GPP construction.   All of my GPP lineups share CJ Anderson, Delanie Walker, Matt Bryant, and Carolina defense. Then Ive got equal shares Cam, Eli, Stafford, and Marriota.  All my Eli stacks have OBJ, Stafford has Jones, and then I have some naked Cam and some Benjamin stacks.

I definitely love Wallace this week too.  Im taking Devin Knotts lead this week for GPP construction.   All of my GPP lineups share CJ Anderson, Delanie Walker, Matt Bryant, and Carolina defense. Then Ive got equal shares Cam, Eli, Stafford, and Marriota.  All my Eli stacks have OBJ, Stafford has Jones, and then I have some naked Cam and some Benjamin stacks.
please leave cam dressed.

Carolina and Seattle defense seem like no-brainers, any other decent matchups to roll with that may have lower ownership?  BAL vs Cleveland seems good but with McCown starting and it being in Cleveland I'm hesitant. Rivalry games can be tricky. I like Detroit at home, I just feel like they will find the end zone (based entirely on my homer gut feeling). I bet NYG doesn't get a lot of love vs NO but Brees on the road outdoors isn't the same as in a dome, perhaps that isn't the 50-49 game everyone thinks. 

While we're talking bargain guys, Jesse James had 7 targets last week, is very cheap, and seems like a red zone target isn't out of the question. I suppose I'd rather spend the extra $1000 and get Ebron but rolled out James in one gpp because I was trying to cut some salary. 

I just am not feeling this week... I can't seem to put anything together to resemble a LU that I have confidence in

Carolina and Seattle defense seem like no-brainers, any other decent matchups to roll with that may have lower ownership?  BAL vs Cleveland seems good but with McCown starting and it being in Cleveland I'm hesitant. Rivalry games can be tricky. I like Detroit at home, I just feel like they will find the end zone (based entirely on my homer gut feeling). I bet NYG doesn't get a lot of love vs NO but Brees on the road outdoors isn't the same as in a dome, perhaps that isn't the 50-49 game everyone thinks. 

While we're talking bargain guys, Jesse James had 7 targets last week, is very cheap, and seems like a red zone target isn't out of the question. I suppose I'd rather spend the extra $1000 and get Ebron but rolled out James in one gpp because I was trying to cut some salary. 
The 3 that I looked at for low ownership DTs were LA, Detroit, and Washington.  I put in LA for a gpp.  First home game in LA, just got their asses handed to them, it was a Def that people thought would be good when we drafted at the beginning of the year, and Seattle is projected at only 20 1/2 team points (plus Wilson might not be as mobile this week).   You mentioned Detroit.  Wash also got killed last week, has a rookie Qb, and has 2 damn good CBs which in theory would let them get after Dak and stop Elliot more, and those conference games can be ugly sometimes. 

The 3 that I looked at for low ownership DTs were LA, Detroit, and Washington.  I put in LA for a gpp.  First home game in LA, just got their asses handed to them, it was a Def that people thought would be good when we drafted at the beginning of the year, and Seattle is projected at only 20 1/2 team points (plus Wilson might not be as mobile this week).   You mentioned Detroit.  Wash also got killed last week, has a rookie Qb, and has 2 damn good CBs which in theory would let them get after Dak and stop Elliot more, and those conference games can be ugly sometimes. 
Denver seems like they're worth considering. Kind of expensive, but less so than Car/Sea. Even if they give up some points, sacks and TOs count the same. 

I have no Antonio in my cash play as of now, and it's troubling me.  I'm all-in on DWill tho and can't bring myself to either stack the 2 or pull him from a lineup. Someone either make me feel better or convince me I'm an idiot. 

I have no idea why its quoting you karma. I cant even delete the quote from the reply box

stafford

cj langford

crab brown aj

jesse james

janikow

ravens

I have no Antonio in my cash play as of now, and it's troubling me.  I'm all-in on DWill tho and can't bring myself to either stack the 2 or pull him from a lineup. Someone either make me feel better or convince me I'm an idiot. 
Over on Dodds' personal FD blog he's fading Brown due to weather concerns. 

That being said, I'm rolling with Brown in one of my cash lineups with CJA and Lamar Miller at RB. 

I mucked around and put more in play than I intended. Oh well. To quote the noted jurist and philanthropist Judge Elihu Smails, "please, please, please, please" let me be right. 

Users who are viewing this thread