What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

draftkings week 2 (1 Viewer)

jandyt

Footballguy
Guys I am looking at after early look

QB

Brees, Bortles, Eli, Cheapo Siemian

RB

CJ Anderson, Yeldon, Woodhead, Forte, Miller

WR

Sharpe, AJ Green, OBJ, Edelman, Brown Cheapo Beasley

TE

Witten, Olson, Gates, Randolph, Cheapo Pitta

Last edited by a moderator:
I like a lot of the players you mentioned, but can we take a look at their value on Draft Kings?

Bortles is a nice value on DK week 2, almost 30% less than Fan Duel. Eli is a better deal on FD (our Power Salary $7,380 FD vs $8,125).  Brees is the highest priced QB on every site we monitor, so they all value him as the top QB. DK is the place for Siemian--he is over 80% less than on FD!

CJ is 12% more on DK, than FD. DK is the place for Yeldon, Woodhead is a little more expensive on DK.  But Forte and L Miller are very expensive as compared to FD, 35% and 23% respectively.  If you really like those last two (and I do) you should really play them on Fan Duel.

For your WRs, quickly AJ, OBJ, Edelman, Sharpe (nearly 50% less than FD), and Beasley (almost 75% less than FD) are all good values on DK.  Brown is the most expensive WR on DK, but not FD, you'll get about a 5% discount there.

Olsen and Pita are good values on Draft Kings.  Whitten, Gates, and Randolph are better priced on Fan Duel.

Our philosophy is that finding the top players each week is only half the battle. Not over paying for them/using them where they are expensive is the other half.  Keep in mind, say you save 23% by using Lamar Miller on Fan Duel--that is a good chunk of change that can be used to put better players around him. using players where they are undervalued let's you build better lineups and thus win more.

Has DK really reworked their prices vs. last year?  I have been looking through, and have little luck finding much value (especially at Wr).  Am I remembering correctly that you need to be gunning for about 3x value for cash games?

I can't speak to and changes in prices from last year (I'm not the one who compiles the data here, I'm just looking at our board) but there a number of good values as compared to the other sites. I mean if you like Larry Fitzgerald, for example, he is almost 15% less expensive than on Fan Duel and over 20% less than on Fantasy Aces.  I should also say that I don't really play cash games.

I didn't do any 50/50's or double ups last week but my head to head's the low score's were averaged to be 116.44.  And winning scores were averaged to be 139.61.  So basically the same rule applies (although very small sample size) that 2x value of 60k is the goal.  

As for lineups the first ones I've made have guys listed below that I'm liking:

QB's - Eli Manning, Derek Carr, Blake Bortles, Carson Wentz

WR's - Shepard, Kelvin Benjamin, Cooks, Denver WR's (although risky with Siemian), Sanu

RB's - Yeldon, Anderson, R. Jennings, Coleman

TE's - Ebron or bust

I didn't do any 50/50's or double ups last week but my head to head's the low score's were averaged to be 116.44.  And winning scores were averaged to be 139.61.  So basically the same rule applies (although very small sample size) that 2x value of 60k is the goal.  

As for lineups the first ones I've made have guys listed below that I'm liking:

QB's - Eli Manning, Derek Carr, Blake Bortles, Carson Wentz

WR's - Shepard, Kelvin Benjamin, Cooks, Denver WR's (although risky with Siemian), Sanu

RB's - Yeldon, Anderson, R. Jennings, Coleman

TE's - Ebron or bust
Gotcha.  Just thought that last year the cutoffs for those were in the 145-150pt range, I could be wrong.  And DK is $50K budget, so that is hovering at the 3x range.  Thought the gpps had to be getting to the 5x+ range, as it seemed like a lot of scores in those were getting to 260-270 pts for the big prizes. 

ETA: just scanned the DK book, and they said to gun for 150 for cash games.

Yeah 50k is what I meant ha, guess that's what happens when you're a little sleep deprived and post.  

As for GPP's, I generally only do the daily dollar and 1 quarter arcade for a shot in the dark and hope I hit.  The one daily dollar I was in was paid 148.53 - 228.32 for 1st, so big range there.  

Had Forte in one of my two lineups I ran with tonight but didn't have any other piece of this shootout.  No one was highly owned though.

Kyle Rudolph looked very good last week and the Titans went as far as having 3 S in the game. QB switch....idk but I was impressed and he's cheap.

Tajae was unhappy with his routes, ran em short and fast, and told the coach...I love that. He's still cheap at 4100.

I think I'm going with Mariota for my first time ever. I can't get the others I want and go with Brees, Stafford, or Eli. 

Ware isn't expensive yet

Snead was an outstanding 9 for 9 on targets. Gotta love that

Here's what I wrote http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fantasy-football-dfs-picks-week-153355821.html

"Colts don't have a secondary" is shorter than wording who is out and who is replacing them. Broncos WRs are interesting

So I have been looking at my gpp for the weekend, and it seemed like as I was writing players down the most bang for the $ in the high priced guys was in the RBs and QBs, and then there were a lot of damn near bare minimum WRs that I liked.  What I ended up with right now is a stud QB/TE stack, 3 stud RBs, a bottom barrel DT, and now I have 12,300 for my 3 WRs.  :oldunsure:  

That one will feature a lot of the games in the east that I am sure will be popular, so I also did one featuring the high o/u games in the west and fading the NO/NYG, Pit/Cin/ and Carolina games.  This one has a triple stack from a game.  I stunk at gpp last year, probably because I tried to be too cute, but I at least made sure these entries didn't feature more than one player from a team that was projected to score in the bottom 1/2 for the week. 

Looks like it will be a bad week for me.  V Green not good, Yeldon not good, Woodhead hurt, NE DT started good ended poorly, jut some of the poor picks I made.

Looks like it will be a bad week for me.  V Green not good, Yeldon not good, Woodhead hurt, NE DT started good ended poorly, jut some of the poor picks I made.
Yep, looks like I went 0/10 in my cash games.  Thought I had decent lineups, but had Woodhead in 1/2 and Green in 1/2.  In all of them I only missed the $ by a 5 pts or so.  Back to the drawing board for next week. 

Do any of you guys play the smaller slates (Mon-Thu for example)?  Wondered if we could get some discussion going on that...

Got wreaked at X3 and X5 where I typically have my highest ROI, cased in 4 out of 42.  Still though did reasonable well at x2, 50/50 and H2H so was only down about 10%.  Thought it was going to be a lot worse.

Oh as for me I completely avoid smaller slates unless there is a overlay which is pretty rare on DK.

Do any of you guys play the smaller slates (Mon-Thu for example)?  Wondered if we could get some discussion going on that...
I play them with a very small amount (10% of the week's spend) just to have some action.  Makes me feel better focusing on Sunday only for the real thing.

Users who are viewing this thread