What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PPR: Trading Away Brees for a WR (1 Viewer)

Skoo

Footballguy
As you might've guessed, I'm a Keenan Allen owner. I have ARob and Landry at WR but am very thin after them, and we start 1QB 2RB 2WR 1Flex so my flex spot is very weak now.

Was offered my choice of these for Brees:

Alshon, Moncrief, or Snead

Sent an offer for Alshon+Wentz for my Bress+Agholor

Anyone disagree? I like Moncrief a lot and worry about Alshon's injury history, but I don't think I can resist the target monster in Chicago.

I don't even have a backup QB on the roster at the moment, but people like Dak, Fitzpatrick, Alex Smith, etc are free agents.

Thanks, will help with yours!

Wow, I would take Alshon over Moncrief or Snead. He's a bonafide WR1 and who isn't an injury risk in the NFL. I would consider streaming QBs based on matchups. Who are your RBs? Any you can use in the flex position?

RBs are okay but pretty thin after my #1.

CJ Anderson, Arian Foster, Charles Sims, James White, Forsett

The way I look at it, as much as I think Brees will have a good year, Alshon will outscore whoever I have in the flex by more points than whoever I stream at QB instead of Brees.

Thanks for your input!

I actually think this is pretty close in trading Brees for Jeffery. I would probably do it, but Brees is going to have a huge year.

Did you see how bad that defense was on NO.  Brees is going to have to throw 700 times this year.  I would probably not make a deal this week.  You have two fine WR's.  Work the WW and make incremental improvements.

I agree with AbbottJamesR. I would keep the strength you have in Brees and look for flex options to arise on the waiver wire. Or get a better offer from a different team.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I think Brees has a big year, IMO it is a lot easier to fill the QB position than WR/Flex.

Also, Brees is a lot different away from the Superdome, especially outside. He won't be throwing for 400 every week.

When I think about filling in the WR/Flex spot, especially over bye weeks, I don't think I can turn this down. I think I'd rather stream the QB position than worry about who is gonna fill that flex/bye week spot. This way I should be able to remain very solid through the byes.

Thanks for all your input, much appreciated!

Skoo said:
As you might've guessed, I'm a Keenan Allen owner. I have ARob and Landry at WR but am very thin after them, and we start 1QB 2RB 2WR 1Flex so my flex spot is very weak now.

Was offered my choice of these for Brees:

Alshon, Moncrief, or Snead

Sent an offer for Alshon+Wentz for my Bress+Agholor

Anyone disagree? I like Moncrief a lot and worry about Alshon's injury history, but I don't think I can resist the target monster in Chicago.

I don't even have a backup QB on the roster at the moment, but people like Dak, Fitzpatrick, Alex Smith, etc are free agents.

Thanks, will help with yours!
Brees is likely to be the FFB QB1 all year, considering his weapons and horrific defense. 

Alshon Jeffery has a special place in hell waiting for him for what he did to FFB owners last year, but he's the only one of these 3 remotely worth this deal. 

I love Snead - he's a WR3 for FFB with some crazy high ceiling games. You just saw one. You won't get those points if you trade for him. He's not worth Brees. 

Moncrief is a FFB WR2. I love what I saw of him in the Colts game. Without the TD his game was kinda mediocre. That Colts offense isn't nearly as explosive as I thought it would be so far, and they won't play the Lions every week.  IMO Moncrief is not worth Brees. 

And I own both Moncrief & Snead in one league  :wub:

So.....the only one who might be worth it is Jeffery, and IMO his soft tissue injuries are significant enough of a worry to not make this deal. Plus of all the "WR1" types, Jeffery would be about the last one I'd want if I did want to deal Brees (who I also own in the league with Moncrief / Snead) 

I would hold out for more, personally. Brees just put up a game for the ages and it seems like you're selling low. One man's opinion. 

The way I look at it, as much as I think Brees will have a good year, Alshon will outscore whoever I have in the flex by more points than whoever I stream at QB instead of Brees.
I find that very difficult to believe unless you have crazy low scoring for QBs and crazy high scoring for WR/Flex players. 

Didn't add Fitz (yet), picked up Flacco for the Browns game.

Flacco: 19.2 Points

Brees: 14.5 points

Going to go back after the season and tally up the difference between Brees and my streamer QBs. While I don't think my streamers are going to come out ahead, I think I may end up convincing myself to never draft a QB before the 10th round again. (In PPR, anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread