What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

American Horror Story: Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Based on some of the trailers..a complete guess out of right field..

This season we find out the last 4 "years" were an illusion/dream/nightmare that started during season one....  :oldunsure:

Commercials are creepy as hell, but yeah, have no idea what the season is going to be about. I think they said they intentionally put false stuff in the commercials to keep people guessing.

Gonna guess itll have a cool premier then get fantasticly gay and have a bunch of risqué envelope pushing gore but the story will actually suck 

Gonna guess itll have a cool premier then get fantasticly gay and have a bunch of risqué envelope pushing gore but the story will actually suck 
So basically the last 4 seasons ;)

Granted season 2 held my attention a little longer then 3, 4 or 5 ... But it wasn't nearly as compelling and interesting as the first season. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The first episode was pretty good and reason to watch some more.  I never did finish last season (about half way through), worth finishing up?

Haven't watched last night's yet, enjoyed the premiere.

I am happy it is only 10 episodes, they are just trucking through them to finish on November 16. I always thought the time they took off around Christmas really killed off any steam they had left at that point. Feel the same about the Walking Dead break.

I watched season 1 back in the day and lost interest. Haven't seen anything since. 

This episode 1 was pretty good IMO. 

Is anyone else weirded out by OJ and Marcia Clarke having sex in the abandoned farmhouse?  

Out - Can't stand the constant narration.  Have stuck with this series through a lot of ups and downs, this is by far the worst.
Interesting.. This one so far has me intrigued.. Just waiting for them to "American Horror Story" it up. :mellow:

I'm curious why they selected the narration/dramatic reenactment format.  Seems like it's less scary this way.  If it's just a device to get more actors involved I'd have to say it's a fail, especially with meh Cuba Gooding, Jr. in the mix.

Interesting.. This one so far has me intrigued.. Just waiting for them to "American Horror Story" it up. :mellow:

I'm curious why they selected the narration/dramatic reenactment format.  Seems like it's less scary this way.  If it's just a device to get more actors involved I'd have to say it's a fail, especially with meh Cuba Gooding, Jr. in the mix.
Not a fan of the narration part, but, googling around to see what might be the reason I found out:

It's purposely supposed to be a documentary style presentation where a huge twist mid season makes the viewer think what you've been watching is not what you are watching.  It also ties back to Season 1 Murder House.

That and it's based on a real life serial murders in the 80s committed by two nurses that killed elderly patients who first names spelled out the word 'murder'.  And Gaga is back too, ugh......I'm back in I guess.  

After five episodes, the show isn't bad IMO. Interested to see where it goes for the next half season because the issue seems done....obviously it isn't. 

So, what if the first half was set as some kind of "Unsolved Mysteries" tv show using a storyline from the 80s, while the 2nd half is about a group of people who watched the episode claiming BS and go out to debunk what they saw?  Then all hell breaks loose and we get another shock/twist from AHS.

There were pieces/parts of the first half that had me shaking my head as the characters did things that only characters from bad horror movies would do - such as running thru dark woods alone, or hanging around a haunted house just because you had nowhere else to go.  That had to be some sort of setup ala Unsolved Mysteries tv show...or something.  Now it'll turn into some sort of "Blair Witch" project type of show with first hand experiences.

Just my  :2cents:

Great show tonight.  I'm really hoping Jessica Lang shows up in the second half.

Great show tonight.  I'm really hoping Jessica Lang shows up in the second half.
Didn't really care for the setup process, until they got back to the House and things started happening.. Wonder if the rest of the season will be each murder one by one, or if they will take out the bunch in a couple shows and then "start over" again.. 

Has me intrigued kept me interested a LOT longer then the past 3 or 4 seasons.. :thumbup:

Didn't really care for the setup process, until they got back to the House and things started happening.. Wonder if the rest of the season will be each murder one by one, or if they will take out the bunch in a couple shows and then "start over" again.. 

Has me intrigued kept me interested a LOT longer then the past 3 or 4 seasons.. :thumbup:
:goodposting:  Back to normal now after catching up and watching episode 6.  Episode 5 was good gore halloween type episode, but, the first four drug out the whole documentary too long.

"Shelby" went completely nuts on her ex :eek:  

Sarah Paulson was beyond annoying in this episode.. Between her "accent" and crying I was hoping the other two with her in the woods would just take her out..

The Hillbilly family is beyond horrifying :scared:

All the running around with cell phone cameras was extremely stupid. I think I'm out, lots better tv to catch up on. 

All the running around with cell phone cameras was extremely stupid. I think I'm out, lots better tv to catch up on. 
I hear you on parts of this last episode being annoying.. At the same time, I am still intrigued/interested in the overall story arc and am looking forward to where they go next..

Seeing the "fake" butcher get it from the "real" butcher was :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear you on parts of this last episode being annoying.. At the same time, I am still intrigued/interested in the overall story arc and am looking forward to where they go next..

Seeing the "fake" butcher get it from the "real" butcher was :eek:
Bates is by far the best actor this season, but, it wasn't enough for me to save this #### show. 

For me it is easily the best season since Asylum. 

Coven and Hotel was utter garbage for me.

Freaks had a great first half then fizzled fast.

Season one is the gold standard. And I felt season 2 was solid.

Roanoke for me has been a lot of fun to watch and has kept me interested all the way through thus far. Of course some dumb things like the cell phone *uckery. But overall a really cool story and some really creepy moments throughout.

For me it is easily the best season since Asylum. 

Coven and Hotel was utter garbage for me.

Freaks had a great first half then fizzled fast.

Season one is the gold standard. And I felt season 2 was solid.

Roanoke for me has been a lot of fun to watch and has kept me interested all the way through thus far. Of course some dumb things like the cell phone *uckery. But overall a really cool story and some really creepy moments throughout.
Agree on Season one as being the "Gold Standard" for this series..

I bailed on Asylum about 1/2 way through..

Coven... I don't think I even made it through half the season..

Freak Show held my interest until they tried to make us feel sorry for the crazy clown, then killed him off..

Hotel really went all out :loco: and lost my interest about 4 episodes in.

Here we are 7 episodes in of a 10 episode season and I'm still grabbing my :popcorn: each week.

Users who are viewing this thread