What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pepe The Frog (1 Viewer)

Is Pepe the Frog Racist

• Pepe is Racist

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Pepe is not Racist

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters
"My Pepe philosophy is simple: 'Feels good man.' It is based on the meaning of the word Pepe: 'To go Pepe.' I find complete joy in physically, emotionally, and spiritually serving Pepe and his friends through comics. Each comic is sacred, and the compassion of my readers transcends any differences, the pain, and fear of 'feeling good.'"

–Matt Furie, 2015 interview with The Daily Dot[1]

It was initially a harmless meme that has been co-opted as a racist symbol.  The meme no longer has the same meaning it once did; it's now shorthand for racism and bigotry.

Huge upset for Pepe to be the most influential frog in this election above Dat Boi. A mocking waddup would just be cruel.

I've invested heavy in the pepe market. And only release my rarest and dankest pepes when the market is high

Also if you think pepe is racist you probably ask questions like who is this hacker 4chan.

Huge upset for Pepe to be the most influential frog in this election above Dat Boi. A mocking waddup would just be cruel.
i was just thinking this the other day.  and then you've also got the tea lizard.  if you don't like the memes from this election, buddy you just don't like memes.

Be me

New to memeing.

Like this frog meme

Post it all over Facebook

Get called a nationalist

Look up the definition and #### yeah I am I love America.

Post more patriotic Pepe's

Get called a white male

Well yeah I am

Get called racist

Wait what?

Get called bigot.

Don't know why.

Get fired from job and lose all my friends.

MFW all I did was post a picture of a frog.

MFW Feels bad man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be me New to memeing.

Like this frog meme

Post it all over Facebook

Get called a nationalist

Look up the definition and #### yeah I am I love America.

Post more patriotic Pepe's

Get called a white male

Well yeah I am

Get called racist

Wait what?

Get called bigot.

Don't know why.

Get fired from job and lose all my friends.

MFW all I did was post a picture of a frog.

MFW Feels bad man.
tfw your racist uncle discovers /b/

It was initially a harmless meme that has been co-opted as a racist symbol.  The meme no longer has the same meaning it once did; it's now shorthand for racism and bigotry.
:goodposting: And it took for it to be outed as such before it started showing up here as an avatar which is interesting...  

:goodposting: And it took for it to be outed as such before it started showing up here as an avatar which is interesting...  
Because it's a 4chan thing. Pepe doesn't make sense on this board, but now that it's main stream it does.

Are you people really this dumb? 

Let me try and make it simple. Lets say this board got famous like 4chan and "Point to the shirt" started spilling over to the main stream. Hillary says, point to the shirt is a kkk saying. You would think no it's not point to the shirt means the poster is an idiot who tried to get people to buy stupid fantasy football shirts.

That's what people who know what pepe means sees when you morons say it's racist. that's how dumb you look. If you think pepe is a racist meme you shouldn't be allowed to vote. That's how stupid you are. If you have children they should be taken away because you are a moron who has never had an original thought. Because you idiots are sad old men out of touch with the world we are laughing at you and changing our profile pics to pepe in the hopes you have a heart attack to save the world from how stupid you are.

The Pats fan. :shrugs: 

Not me, I have no aliases.  

And no alt-right or Drumpf for me, thanks. I take my right with a hit of reason and a dose of National Review.  
You lack reason if you don't see why it is bad for conservatives if Trump doesn't win. Hint - Supreme Court.

Because it's a 4chan thing. Pepe doesn't make sense on this board, but now that it's main stream it does.

Are you people really this dumb? 

Let me try and make it simple. Lets say this board got famous like 4chan and "Point to the shirt" started spilling over to the main stream. Hillary says, point to the shirt is a kkk saying. You would think no it's not point to the shirt means the poster is an idiot who tried to get people to buy stupid fantasy football shirts.

That's what people who know what pepe means sees when you morons say it's racist. that's how dumb you look. If you think pepe is a racist meme you shouldn't be allowed to vote. That's how stupid you are. If you have children they should be taken away because you are a moron who has never had an original thought. Because you idiots are sad old men out of touch with the world we are laughing at you and changing our profile pics to pepe in the hopes you have a heart attack to save the world from how stupid you are.
Aaaaannnd it's used on Breitbart, and other extremist sites. Go ahead with your nonsense.

Pepe the frog has become the most polarizing figure in modern politics.  Some say he is a cute harmless cartoon character - and in fact even collect "rare pepes".  To others - he is a symbol of white supremely and Neo-Nazism.

Where do you stand on Pepe?

Point:  https://www.hillaryclinton.com/post/donald-trump-pepe-the-frog-and-white-supremacists-an-explainer/

Counter-Point: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/pepe-the-frog 
Lol. ScottNorwood comes out of the shadows to start a thread on Pepe. 

:lmao:

The survey results right now stand at 9 yes and 9 no. 50% of the FFA thinks a cartoon frog is racist?

Wew

Lad

:lmao:

The survey results right now stand at 9 yes and 9 no. 50% of the FFA thinks a cartoon frog is racist?

Wew

Lad
It really shows how out of touch these idiots are. They honestly believe everything that is feed to them. At first I thought they where naive, but it's becoming clear to me how stupid they really are. 

Feels bad man.

You lack reason if you don't see why it is bad for conservatives if Trump doesn't win. Hint - Supreme Court.
I don't lack reason at all about Trump winning. It's a terrible scenario for those of us that don't mind the status quo and think that the country is actually running rather well right now.  

I don't lack reason at all about Trump winning. It's a terrible scenario for those of us that don't mind the status quo and think that the country is actually running rather well right now.  
how will the country look after Hillary puts in a few more liberal Judges? You can't call yourself a conservative while handing the SC over to liberals.

how will the country look after Hillary puts in a few more liberal Judges? You can't call yourself a conservative while handing the SC over to liberals.
I can call myself a conservative because I don't know who Trump will nominate. I know how Hillary will govern; that's a conservative point of view. As for Trump, he's three sheets to every wind that happens. I don't know that he'll stand athwart history yelling "stop!"  

I've only seen Pepe used in pretty innocuous ways and was fairly lost when people started associating him with the "alt-right" bulljive, but given the staunch denial from the dfsguy/card trader crowd, I guess there must be something to it. 

I know how Hillary will govern; 
Do you now? How will she govern? please tell us because I don't know if we get 70's hillary getting fired from watergate for unethical behavior. Or 80's Hillary laughing about getting a rapist she knew was guilty freed. Or racist 90's Hillary calling black youths super predators who need to brought to heel. Or 2000 hillary who voted for the iraq war than said she was against it that started the Obama is a Muslim movement.

YOU HAVE NO CLUE BECAUSE HILLARY DOESN'T KNOW UNTIL SHE GETS THE HIGHEST BIDDER TO TELL HER WHAT TO DO!!!

Users who are viewing this thread