Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Scooter71

WDIS -- Need help with RB2 and FLEX

Standard scoring ESPN league.

My league requires two RBs, two WRs and 1 RB/WR flex.

I have David Johnson penciled in as my RB1 and Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham Jr. as my WR1 and WR2 respectively.

RB2 can be: A. Peterson, M. Ingram, or T. Rawls

FLEX can be: A. Peterson, M. Ingram, T. Rawls, or B. Cooks

I am leaning toward giving Peterson the week off, as I am figuring the Packers will stack the box given its Bradford's first week.

Thanks for the help. Leave me your link and I will help you in return.

I'd go Peterson as your RB2 and Cooks as your FLex.  You might be be worried about Bradford but I think he is a better passer than Hill, so that might open up the running game and give Peterson a better chance for success.  I'm willing to give Peterson another shot after last week.  I feel like he has better upside and better chance for success with Bradford as QB. 

You're not benching Peterson. That's silly. 

It's close between Cooks and Ingram for me. I'd lean Ingram ever so slightly.

Boy are you stacked. Looks like they gave you 5 free picks before the draft started.

I think you choices are easy. Peterson is definitely your RB2 no matter who's at QB, I can see him getting a ton of touches this week either way. He'll produce even if GB puts 10 in the box. With NO playing the Giants, there's no way you can sit Brees' #1 target. Ingram isn't a bad play, but you definitely don't want Cooks on the bench in this one. with all of these options, wait until Rawls proves to you that he deserves to be in the lineup.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Being in a 6 team league always leads to tough choices like this. Go AP in RB2 and Cooks in Flex. I'm assuming your opponent's team is stacked just like yours (with 4 first round picks: AP, Wilson, Brown, OBJ) so you need upside. Cooks has higher upside than Ingram.

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the input.

Actually, this isn't a 6-team league. It's a 10-team dynasty league in its 7th season, and I have worked hard through drafts, blind bid waiver pickups, and trades to build this team. Admittedly, some of the members are not too savvy, but there are probably 6-7 other decent players. I drafted D. Johnson last year well before anyone knew he was a sure thing. I picked up Beckham off waivers when he was hurt his rookie year and overlooked by everyone in the draft. I grabbed Peterson off waivers when someone foolishly dumped him during his legal issues. My QB is my weak spot (Palmer/Mariota/Taylor), but I have managed to win the championship 3 out of the 6 years the league has been in existence. :thumbup:

As stacked as I am, I lost by 11 last week and sit at 0-1. AP got me 3.1 points on 1.6 YPC, and Beckham only managed 7.3. While I normally ascribe to the "don't bench your studs". mindset, I do look at everything and am not afraid to make the tough calls. Just wasn't sure for tomorrow, though, so wanted a second opinion. I appreciate everyone's opinions. I will think it over long and hard tonight.

Scooter

• Like 2

Well, you've already got 3 superstars in your lineup, so just for the sake of sportsmanship in your league, you should leave your Flex spot open.

But if you're out for blood, I'd put Peterson in at RB2.  The other 3 of Ingram, Cooks and Rawls are pretty even to me.  I certainly expect the Saints to TRY to slow the game down so it isn't another shoot out like last year, which would mean more running by Ingram, and I think the Giants would also prefer the same thing (coaches tend to like a safe cocoon).  But attacking that NO secondary will be very tempting, so the Saints will probably have to throw a lot to keep up.  So of the 3 I'd go with Cooks.

• Like 1