walbridge20

Waiver wire WR help

3 posts in this topic

On my roster (at the end of my bench) I currently have T. Austin,  D. Funchess and M. Wallace but Michael Thomas, Chris Hogan and V. Cruz are all available for immediate pickup.

I'm tempted to grab Michael Thomas to have a piece of the NO passing attack but who would you drop? Funchess was horrible last week but is also the second WR on a very good team so I feel like I should give him one more week before I drop him. Mike Wallace had a good game (albeit simply due to one good play) and has the speed but he has been very disappointing in years past. Tavon Austin is just in a flat out bad situation, but after Gurley he is the next best Rams player IMO in terms of fantasy.

If this Helps at all the rest of my flex guys are as follows

WR: Antonio Brown, Jordy Nelson, E. Sanders, Marvin Jones

RB: Forte, L. Murray, D. Martin, A. Foster

TE: D. Allen, T. Eifert*

Thats a tough one. Im not a huge fan of T. Austin or Funchess. You could poooossbily wait another week and see how Funchess does on your bench. But Benjamin looked good week 1, Cam Newton is a selfish QB and J. Stewart should be seeing more action. 

Mike Wallace is the clear WR1 in BAL and looked really good week 1, so for sure keep him.

Michael Thomas looked pretty active week 1, He's in a high powered offense But has to compete with Cooks and Snead.

I don't think Hogan is going to put up awesome numbers fantasy-wise just because the QB situation will change and Gronk will be back soon enough. Its hard to tell what Hogan can do..

V. Cruz also is in a high powered offense and has a lot of Competition from Shepard and Odell. 

I would personally drop T. Austin or Funchess for Michael Thomas or possibly V. Cruz. You have good Depth on your active roster anyways, so go with your gut

If you are looking for a one week shop and drop. Drop Austin and pick up either NO/NYG WR. Long term Thomas would be a better bet, with Cruz's recent track record of getting injured, and the Shepard taking some cut, Thomas would for me be the better Flex play this week and down the line at times. 

1 person likes this