Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
massraider

[DYNASTY] Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

1 minute ago, Bronco Billy said:

Ummm, the same reason people were saying Mayfield would fail because of his size?  Or why Wilson didn’t get drafted until the 3rd round?You’re the one saying Murray can’t make it because of his size.  Why are you asking me to quailfy your position?  You were wholly dismissive and condescending towards another poster who thought Murray could succeed.

You asked me about Murray I'm simply responding.  Not asking you anything, just telling you what everyone else is saying.

No need to do anything here but take a wait and see aproach, I think he's too light and will get hurt, if I'm wrong, ok I'm wrong, no big deal.

On 1/27/2019 at 12:14 PM, ZenoRazon said:

When a QB can plant that seed....will he run/pass?....that puts a lot of stress on any defense.  A totally different game than facing guys like Eli, Rivers, Brady, you know where they will be.

I do see the game heading in the Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson direction, that multi talented guy who can do more things, more stress on a defense.

I think its been heading in that direction for almost 20 years. McNabb, Culpepper, Vick, V.Young, Freeman, Tebow, Newton, Locker, Griffin, Tannehill, Manziel, Mariota, and Watson, were all 1st round picks drafted with that in mind. None of those guys go as high as they did, based solely on their passing ability. They haven't all panned out(in fact most haven't) but the idea has been there for a very long time. Probably going all the way back to Steve Young's success, helping to make Steve McNair a top pick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

Bronco, dont even bother responding to him. He is polluting every thread in here and just trying to bait people. Sad thing is the mods are letting him do it. 

That is 100% totally wrong.

I think Tomlin is a great coach as do others.

I think Murray is too small, so do others.

I don't think Tiki Barber is a HOFer, so do others.

So me any baiting?  Where?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, travdogg said:

I think its been heading in that direction for almost 20 years. McNabb, Culpepper, Vick, V.Young, Freeman, Tebow, Newton, Locker, Griffin, Tannehill, Manziel, Mariota, and Watson, were all 1st round picks drafted with that in mind. None of those guys go as high as they did, based solely on their passing ability. They haven't all panned out(in fact most haven't) but the idea has been there for a very long time. Probably going all the way back to Steve Young's success, helping to make Steve McNair a top pick.

I agree, then we see a Josh Rosen.  So...???

7 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

I agree, then we see a Josh Rosen.  So...???

what travdogg was alluding to was that those guys were drafted higher than normal because of the potential they had as a dual threat.  It doesn't take away from a standard pocket passer being taken high if some GM believed he had the necessary skills to be an NFL QB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gally said:

what travdogg was alluding to was that those guys were drafted higher than normal because of the potential they had as a dual threat.  It doesn't take away from a standard pocket passer being taken high if some GM believed he had the necessary skills to be an NFL QB. 

I know.

Jackson needs to become more accurate but I believe he has the capacity to do this with hard work and practice. Way to early to say he cannot become a more accurate passer. And if he does he will take the NFL and your fantasy league by storm. Same with Josh Allen for that matter. I prefer running QBs though so I'm buying both these guys.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 2:02 PM, ZenoRazon said:

That is 100% totally wrong.

I think Tomlin is a great coach as do others.

I think Murray is too small, so do others.

I don't think Tiki Barber is a HOFer, so do others.

So me any baiting?  Where?

When did having an opinion become trolling? I thought that is what a message board is supposed to be about? Voicing your view is what it's all about.

I guess I'm old school. I'm not taking a 5'9 QB. I don't want to limit my offense to a spread concept all the time. How many times would Murray go under center? You totally eliminate concepts that I would like to keep. I don't mind being wrong. Just an opinion.

• Thanks 1