What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Lamar Jackson, BAL (5 Viewers)

If they're going to try to turn him into a pocket passer, it's going to end really really badly.  2013 Redskins badly.  They'd be wise to just let him be himself and play the position they way he knows how and let the chips fall.  Sure, he could get injured, but at least you'll get productive seasons until it happens.  Maybe start installing small pocket concepts one at a time and see how it goes.  If I were a Ravens fan, I'd be super worried about an entire overhaul of the passing game which is what they seem to be hinting at.
Raymond Summerlin‏Verified account @RMSummerlin

There have been 11 seasons of a quarterback averaging over 50 rushing yards per game. Michael Vick owns five of them. Josh Allen is on that list, and Lamar Jackson would top it if only his starts counted (79.4 over final 7 games).

10:42 AM - 1 Jun 2019

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=0cIHp

“Built on a bunch of replaceable parts” is where you seem to misinterpret what I at least am saying. Last year’s defense was built on Marlon Humphrey, Jimmy Smith, Brandon Williams, Michael Pierce, and yes CJ Mosley. You’d have to get about 8 or 9 players deep before you get to Smith who was about as impactful as Judon and about 11 or 12 players deep before you get to Suggs and Weddle. So you lose one of the most impactful guys but add Earl Thomas as an immediate strong contributor and one of the top handful of players on defense. You lose Smith but still have an equal player at his position in Judon and add in a nice pass rushing prospect via the draft. And you lose a couple of guys who were at the bottom of the barrel in terms of impact and will be replaced by guys at different positions but still toward the bottom of the starters in terms of skills and necessity for impactful plays in Onwuasor and Kenny Young.
This is a great post by someone who actually understands the ravens defense more than "they lost a bunch of players". The Ravens defense strength last year was their secondary that might have been best in the league. Now they replaced Weedle (3 pd, 0 int) with Thomas, the best safety on the market. Smith is just another in a long list of Ravens roleplayers that shined in a contract year and got overpaid in FA. 

I do think it is fitting that the Lamar Jackson thread has turned into a "how good are the Ravens" thread because his ability to improve as a passer is going to determine if this is a playoff team. This team's defense will get it 6 or 7 wins, and they need Jackson to improve to go higher than that. I also think it hasn't been mentioned enough that Air Marty is being replaced with Greg Roman, an OC who has had great success with running QBs in the past. Marty was never a great fit and I think it was a great decision to move on and promote Roman. Here is a recent and relevant tweet from Evan Silva about Roman being the OC for Kaep and Tyrod Taylor's best years.

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/1135320504125054976

I see 3 losses, maybe 4 on that list: CINx1, BUF, NYJ, SF

I realize I'm in the minority here on being down on Baltimore. I'd think people would appreciate constructive discussion on an opinion that isnt with the groupthink
Isn't the groupthink on this board that "Lamar is bad and can't get better?"

Warren Sharp

@SharpFootball

·

11h

Top 5 QBs when trailing in the 2nd half: 1 Lamar Jackson (67% success, 12.0 YPA, 152 rtg)

2 Patrick Mahomes (56% success, 9.6 YPA, 126 rtg)

3 Drew Brees (57% success, 6.6 YPA, 117 rtg)

4 Deshaun Watson (49% success, 8.6 YPA, 111 rtg)

5 Andrew Luck (55% success, 7.5 YPA, 110 rtg)

Warren Sharp

@SharpFootball

·

11h

Top 5 QBs when trailing in the 2nd half: 1 Lamar Jackson (67% success, 12.0 YPA, 152 rtg)

2 Patrick Mahomes (56% success, 9.6 YPA, 126 rtg)

3 Drew Brees (57% success, 6.6 YPA, 117 rtg)

4 Deshaun Watson (49% success, 8.6 YPA, 111 rtg)

5 Andrew Luck (55% success, 7.5 YPA, 110 rtg)
Nice find.  I assume Lamar's sample size is significantly smaller than most since he only played half of a season and probably wasnt trailng in the second half often, but that is still a promising stat.  I will take any promising passing stats on Lamar that we can find!

“Built on a bunch of replaceable parts” is where you seem to misinterpret what I at least am saying. Last year’s defense was built on Marlon Humphrey, Jimmy Smith, Brandon Williams, Michael Pierce, and yes CJ Mosley. You’d have to get about 8 or 9 players deep before you get to Smith who was about as impactful as Judon and about 11 or 12 players deep before you get to Suggs and Weddle. So you lose one of the most impactful guys but add Earl Thomas as an immediate strong contributor and one of the top handful of players on defense. You lose Smith but still have an equal player at his position in Judon and add in a nice pass rushing prospect via the draft. And you lose a couple of guys who were at the bottom of the barrel in terms of impact and will be replaced by guys at different positions but still toward the bottom of the starters in terms of skills and necessity for impactful plays in Onwuasor and Kenny Young.
Eye opening post for me. Thanks for correcting my mistaken impression about Balt's 2019 D.

Ravens QBs coach James Urban praised Lamar Jackson's development as a thrower this offseason.

"They certainly haven't been eliminated, but there are much fewer, 'Where-did-that-come-froms' this year when we watch him practice," Urban said. "It looks better in many ways. The ball comes out cleaner, the timing looks better." As Jackson noted himself in May, he is still not the most consistent passer, but it sounds like he has taken some strides since his rookie campaign.

SOURCE: ESPN

Jun 10, 2019, 8:49 AM ET

Five Things We Learned from the Ravens’ OTAs and minicamp

Excerpt:

Lamar Jackson has progressed, but the overall conversation about him won’t change anytime soon.

The immediate future of the franchise hinges on Jackson’s development. He’s the starting point for a comprehensively reimagined offense and the face that could inspire a new generation of Ravens fans.

“Box office,” safety Earl Thomas said Thursday, when asked his initial impressions of the second-year quarterback.

None of those grand ambitions will come to fruition, however, if Jackson cannot evolve into a competent NFL passer. So every one of his throws over the past four weeks drew disproportionate scrutiny.

After months of offseason work with his private passing coach, Joshua Harris, Jackson threw with more authority than he did at this time last year. He stepped into his attempts more consistently and found his outside targets more regularly. He saved his best performance for the last day of minicamp, firing a succession of precise scoring throws when the team practiced its red-zone packages.

But Jackson also reverted to some of the troubling habits that have inspired questions about his long-term potential as a passer. His throws still fluttered at times. He still resorted to side-arm flips for no obvious reason. He still risked interceptions with odd decisions, such as the pass he threw against his body on the dead run Thursday.

Coaches and teammates have done nothing but build Jackson up, saying they trust in his will to improve and his ability to win games. “He’s a much better player than he was a year ago,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. “And he’ll be a much better player at the end of training camp than he is right now.”

But fans should not expect to see an entirely different quarterback when the Ravens take the field in Miami for the Sept. 8 regular-season opener. For all his inspiring traits, Jackson will make amateurish throws that cause his sharpest critics to bemoan the future. On certain key possessions, he’ll trust his legs more than his arm. And every week, we’ll engage in another debate about how far the Ravens can go with him as their franchise player.

Is it just me, or can anyone else see a scenario where defenses get so frustrated with the BAL running game that they start taking cheap shots at Lamar?

Is it just me, or can anyone else see a scenario where defenses get so frustrated with the BAL running game that they start taking cheap shots at Lamar?
Just pay attention to what Belicheck does to this guy in week 9. He will probably last that long but my guess is it will not be pretty.

Lamar Jackson said he added 7-10 pounds of muscle to his frame this offseason.

"Trying to compete at a high level, put some meat on my bones," Jackson said. "I was skinny." Jackson weighed in at 6'2/212 as a rookie, so it's fair to guess he's around 220 now, which should help his durability in the pocket and as a runner. Jackson is not a finished product as a passer, but there is still a ton of upside here. He's being drafted as a middling QB2 right now.

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter

Jul 26, 2019, 12:11 PM ET

Jonas Shaffer @jonas_shaffer

Lamar Jackson just had his best 11-on-11 sequence of camp. Led Miles Boykin outside on a pass vs. Jimmy Smith, found Mark Andrews in the middle, hooked up with Nick Boyle downfield and then wobbled a throw to Seth Roberts on a post route. 

Overall, I have him 11-for-15 today.

Jonas Shaffer @jonas_shaffer

Lamar Jackson was much improved today. No interceptions and extremely accurate when targeting his TEs, which he did often. 

Mark Andrews was a favorite target again, and Hayden Hurst had some nice catches over the middle.

Lamar Jackson in Year 1 to Year 2: “You guys seen me last year. I was horrible. Lot of ducks.”

QB coach James Urban says he’s not worried about Lamar Jackson’s wobbles if the ball is on time and delivered to the right spot. He said the problem is less of an issue than it was last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Told Cam Newton's career-high is 139 rushing attempts, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said "take the over" for Lamar Jackson this season.

Jackson averaged 16 attempts per game after taking over the starting job last season, playoffs included, a number which would put him at 256 over a full season. The Ravens have hinted they plan to scale back those attempts moving forward, but Jackson running the ball has to remain a major part of their offense. Currently being drafted outside the top-15 quarterbacks, Jackson was the QB5 after taking over the starting job last year.

SOURCE: Aditi Kinkhabwala on Twitter

Jul 29, 2019, 8:42 AM ET

I am more intrigued with the Raven offense than ANY OTHER NFL story this year.

They looked unstoppable last year and the knee-jerk reaction was that once the league got tape on this offense it would be neutralized but a funny thing happened this off season.

The Ravens pushed every single chip into the middle of the table, they pulled the rip cord, they crossed the bridge and burned it down to the ground.  

Their ain't no looking back.  

I'm not sold on Lamar as a passer but I am 100% bought in on Harb's going all-in on this offense and that Jackson will thrive as a runner/fantasy stud till someone can stop em and I'm not soo sure that the entire Baltimore organization would wager everything if they weren't completely sold on this offense working.

---------------------------------------------

The Athletic NFL‏Verified account @TheAthleticNFL Jul 24

John Harbaugh and the Ravens are trying to create something the league has never seen before with Lamar Jackson under center.

--------------------------------------------

Must hear from PFF. >>>>>>

-------------------------------------------

Video clip -  PFF round table discussion of unique Raven offense

PFF‏Verified account @PFF

‘This offense is going to look different than any other offense in NFL history’ - @PFF_Mike breaks down the Ravens' offense.

One team played the Ravens twice last season after Jackson became the starter - the Chargers. The Chargers had trouble stopping the Ravens offense in the first matchup, though that was largely due to one big passing play resulting from bad secondary play. Then the Chargers completely shut Jackson down and made him look terrible in the second matchup.

Take what you will from that. IMO if he isn't significantly better this season as a passer, while his fantasy points might look nice (assuming he stays healthy), I don't think it will prove to be particularly successful for the Ravens. I seriously doubt they will make the playoffs this year, and I definitely expect regression in his 6-2 record as a starter... BAL isn't going to go 12-4 or better this season.

One team played the Ravens twice last season after Jackson became the starter - the Chargers. The Chargers had trouble stopping the Ravens offense in the first matchup, though that was largely due to one big passing play resulting from bad secondary play. Then the Chargers completely shut Jackson down and made him look terrible in the second matchup.

Take what you will from that. IMO if he isn't significantly better this season as a passer, while his fantasy points might look nice (assuming he stays healthy), I don't think it will prove to be particularly successful for the Ravens. I seriously doubt they will make the playoffs this year, and I definitely expect regression in his 6-2 record as a starter... BAL isn't going to go 12-4 or better this season.
The Chargers have Derwin James, no one else does.  Teams can get a player in position on the edge but the only one who was able to gain the upper hand was Derwin.  Long/rangy with speed and power/explosion.  Last year people were calling that offense the 'Load Option' but Harbs has morphed it into what he is calling 'The Glitch' offense where he is guaranteeing Lamar is going to crush the NFL record for rush attempts by a QB.  Every QB they have is a running QB.  Lamar has put on 17 lbs of muscle.  The Ravens got a play maker at WR that meshes with Lamar's scatter shot arm accuracy.  His pocket awareness has only one way to go and that is up.

Baltimore won 6 of 7 to earn a spot in the post season with the youngest QB to ever start a playoff game.

Lamar has shown immaturity as a person, see speeding vid clip posted a few months back so he has a lot of room to grow personally and professionally but I'm not ripping this offense because San Deigo was able to game plan him once with Derwin.  No way other teams can copy cat what SD did in the post season.  

I am more intrigued with what happens with Baltimore's offense this year than any other story because it is something we've never seen before.

In Lamar's 7 regular season starts, the Ravens ran for 1607 yards.  vs CIN (29th - 267 yds), OAK (30th - 242 yds), ATL (25th - 207 yds), KC (27th - 194 yds), TB (24th - 242 yds), LAC (9th - 159 yds), CLE (28th - 296 yds).  Was it coincidence they brought in Lamar after their 3 game losing streak vs NO, CAR, and PIT, who ranked 2nd, 12th, and 6th?  2018 year end stats show SEA ran it the most (53%), but with Lamar, BAL ran it 66% of the time.  BAL led the league in total plays with 1135, increasing their plays per game from 69 to 73 with Lamar.  They also increased their league leading time of possession with Lamar, holding the ball for nearly 36 minutes per game.  And just remember, their only loss during this span was an overtime game vs KC in which they had the lead until under a minute left.  They were 53 seconds away from a perfect 7-0.

BAL had only their week 10 bye to change from a Flacco-led passing team to a Jackson-led running team.  On paper, BAL has the easiest running schedule in the league for 2019.  They are 100% committed to Lamar for this season, and will lead the league in rushing attempts by a wide margin.  I doubt anyone will dispute this.  They will also be at or near the top in total plays and time of possession.  I doubt anyone will dispute this either.  Lamar has added weight, and it's not because he wants to increase his passing.

Let's throw out some numbers for 2019 and see if they seem realistic...

Total plays - 1100 (a decrease of 35 from 2018)

Run/pass ratio - 63/37 (a decrease from 66/33 from 2018)

Lamar rushes - 200 (a decrease of 4.5 carries per game from 2018)

Lamar YPC - 4.5 (a decrease of .2 YPC from 2018)

Even if I decrease Lamar's plays, run/pass ratio, rushes, and YPC, he still hits 200 carries/900 yards.  Shouldn't this be about his rushing floor?

In Lamar's 7 regular season starts, the Ravens ran for 1607 yards.  vs CIN (29th - 267 yds), OAK (30th - 242 yds), ATL (25th - 207 yds), KC (27th - 194 yds), TB (24th - 242 yds), LAC (9th - 159 yds), CLE (28th - 296 yds).  Was it coincidence they brought in Lamar after their 3 game losing streak vs NO, CAR, and PIT, who ranked 2nd, 12th, and 6th?  2018 year end stats show SEA ran it the most (53%), but with Lamar, BAL ran it 66% of the time.  BAL led the league in total plays with 1135, increasing their plays per game from 69 to 73 with Lamar.  They also increased their league leading time of possession with Lamar, holding the ball for nearly 36 minutes per game.  And just remember, their only loss during this span was an overtime game vs KC in which they had the lead until under a minute left.  They were 53 seconds away from a perfect 7-0.

BAL had only their week 10 bye to change from a Flacco-led passing team to a Jackson-led running team.  On paper, BAL has the easiest running schedule in the league for 2019.  They are 100% committed to Lamar for this season, and will lead the league in rushing attempts by a wide margin.  I doubt anyone will dispute this.  They will also be at or near the top in total plays and time of possession.  I doubt anyone will dispute this either.  Lamar has added weight, and it's not because he wants to increase his passing.

Even if I decrease Lamar's plays, run/pass ratio, rushes, and YPC, he still hits 200 carries/900 yards.  Shouldn't this be about his rushing floor?
No that isn't his rushing floor, because odds are if they play a style that will get Jackson hit 250+ times in 16 games, he isn't going to make it 16 games.

How about that playoff game where they got annihilated? Projecting him for 200 rushes is so far beyond even the realm of fantasy.  He’s the quarterback, not the running back. He will already be in for 100% of offensive plays, you think he’s going to take snaps, throw passes, evade pressure, roll out when needed, and rush the ball? He’s going to need Terry Crews to get him on a 24 hour conditioning plan, Terry Crews on the sideline pumping him up from start to finish every single game, and Terry Crews to carry him from the field to the hospital once it’s over

Annihilated 23-17 where Lamar had 194 and 2 TDs passing with 9/54 rushing. In my league that is worth 21.6 points-  the same as what QB12 averged. 
I said nothing about fantasy points. Also, bold of you to post his stats in a way that shows the whole picture. 14/29 passing for 194/2/1, 9/54/0 rushing with 3 fumbles. That game wasn’t close and it felt like what it was, a beating

I said nothing about fantasy points. Also, bold of you to post his stats in a way that shows the whole picture. 14/29 passing for 194/2/1, 9/54/0 rushing with 3 fumbles. That game wasn’t close and it felt like what it was, a beating
Sorry, didn't see the 3 fumbles- only saw the 1 lost. 3 fumbles is cerainly bad. But like I said he had a solid game fantasy wise. NFL wise, they lost by 6 in an NFL playoff game. They went to LA a couple weeks earlier and beat LA 22-10. It seems like we shouldn't draw too much a conclusion from one game where the QB had 250 and  2 TDs. Lamar struggled badly in the 1st half but was almost able to pull off a comeback in the the 4th quarter. 

No that isn't his rushing floor, because odds are if they play a style that will get Jackson hit 250+ times in 16 games, he isn't going to make it 16 games.
200 carries equates to 12.5 carries per game, which he bested 6 out of 7 games.  He was on a 272-carry pace in his 7 starts.  Sure, he may get injured, but if that happens, it will happen when he is... running the ball.

Sorry, didn't see the 3 fumbles- only saw the 1 lost. 3 fumbles is cerainly bad. But like I said he had a solid game fantasy wise. NFL wise, they lost by 6 in an NFL playoff game. They went to LA a couple weeks earlier and beat LA 22-10. It seems like we shouldn't draw too much a conclusion from one game where the QB had 250 and  2 TDs. Lamar struggled badly in the 1st half but was almost able to pull off a comeback in the the 4th quarter. 
Look, I love Lamar, I think he will be a QB1 this year, I think he has immense room to improve. I don’t think he’s without his warts and unblemished, he will get shut down at times like he did against the Chargers if he doesn’t improve, nor do I think he is going to rush for 200/900 on the season as the one guys was speculating.

And for the record, they scored 14 in the last 7 minutes of the game while the Chargers were sitting on the lead. If the offense isn’t radically different and Lamar hasn’t improved, the Chargers have given the NFL the blueprint on how to deal with Jackson

Look, I love Lamar, I think he will be a QB1 this year, I think he has immense room to improve. I don’t think he’s without his warts and unblemished, he will get shut down at times like he did against the Chargers if he doesn’t improve, nor do I think he is going to rush for 200/900 on the season as the one guys was speculating.

And for the record, they scored 14 in the last 7 minutes of the game while the Chargers were sitting on the lead. If the offense isn’t radically different and Lamar hasn’t improved, the Chargers have given the NFL the blueprint on how to deal with Jackson
I agree that he has his warts and I think a low end QB1 is likely but no lock. I also don’t expect him to have 200 carries. Ofcourse he will get shut down some games. That happens to just about every QB a couple times a year. Fantasy wise, he was not shut down by the Chargers though. Yes those TDs came late in the game but they still had the ball at the end of he game with a chance to win it with a TD. The Chargers only had 14 more yards of offense. Jackson did make 2 key mistakes losing a fumble and throwing a pick but he had a decent fantasy day. LA put out a game plan to beat the Ravens but not many NFL teams actually have the personnel to do what the Chargers did by basically playing with no LBs and using 6-7 DBs the whole game. Having players like Ingram, Bosa, James, King, Phillips and Hayward is rare. That’s 6 Pro Bowlers level players against a rookie QB.

Lamar Jackson doesn't see himself running as often in 2019.

"I don't think I'll be running as much as I did last year," Jackson told NFL Network's Rich Eisen Thursday. The 2018 first-rounder logged more carries than any quarterback in NFL history last year but is bringing a "totally different" mindset to his sophomore campaign. Jackson noted that he's been throwing "way more" than running at practice and doesn't anticipate scrambling as much now that he's had a year to grasp the offense. The Ravens have been trying to sell us on Jackson's legitimacy as a passer all offseason, though the former Louisville Cardinal carries far more fantasy value as a run-first quarterback. Even if Jackson doesn't match last year's rushing output, we still expect him to carry the rock a good amount.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Aug 2, 2019, 1:50 PM ET

James Palmer @JamesPalmerTV

Main takeaway from Jags and Ravens camp: Lamar Jackson looked crisp. Quick and on time with all of his throws. Accurate. In control. Not looking to run and scramble around. A lot of presnap motion is being used. This offense was designed for him with his input and you can tell.

Garrett Downing @ gdowning14

Lamar Jackson was really good today vs. the Jaguars. 

He opened full-team drills by completing 5-straight passes, with three of them going to targets covered by Pro Bowl CB Jalen Ramsey.

2019 Fantasy Football: Players Flying Up Boards This Preseason

QB Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens

A single quote is driving Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson up fantasy draft boards. 

"I'd bet the over on that one," head coach John Harbaugh said during an interview on NFL Network's Inside Training Camp Live when asked if Jackson will run the ball as much as Cam Newton's single-season career high of 139 carries. 

The difference between Jackson and other athletic quarterbacks stems from expected usage. The Ravens want him to run. The coaching staff is building a scheme around his ability to create chunks plays with his legs. While he may never be a premier passer, his abilities as a runner greatly enhance his overall fantasy value. 

Harbaugh added: 

"You know, if you look back and you think of the history a little bit, the game was probably revolutionized with Bill Walsh and Joe Montana and that's been the model for the last 25, 30 years and we've all been chasing that model pretty much trying to find that quarterback and find that rhythm and all the things that go with that offense, and it really hasn't changed too much. None of us can envision what's going to come in the future."

Jackson's ADP rose from an average late 12th-round pick to an 11th-round option since the coach's comments. 

Furthermore, the growth potential in Jackson's passing game is enormous. With an increased emphasis on proper mechanics, the second-year quarterback should improve leaps and bounds over last season's 1,201-yard passing performance. 

"I think he's throwing tremendous balls out there, compared to what it was in the spring," tight end Nick Boyle said, per ESPN's Jamison Hensley. "You can see his improvement."

ig: josinaanderson @JosinaAnderson

#Ravens S Tony Jefferson to me on Lamar Jackson: "I'm telling you, you heard it here first. No lie, Lamar has been pinpoint accurate in practice. I'm talking about on the money. So all these questions about him being able to throw are out the window. I'm standing firm on that."

Do we really think he is gonna be a starting QB for a long period of time? I’m just not sure I see it with his pocket presence or delivery. I’ll be 100% honest, I have not seen much of him in the NFL so I am going off limited tape. And I loved him in college. I’m just not sure I see him getting to that level he needs to be. That Vick level. And I already think Murray looks better than him and has a brighter future. Being on the Cardinals not taken into account, but that obviously helps. 

Any homers or big fans want to break him down a bit for me? 

Do we really think he is gonna be a starting QB for a long period of time? I’m just not sure I see it with his pocket presence or delivery. I’ll be 100% honest, I have not seen much of him in the NFL so I am going off limited tape. And I loved him in college. I’m just not sure I see him getting to that level he needs to be. That Vick level. And I already think Murray looks better than him and has a brighter future. Being on the Cardinals not taken into account, but that obviously helps. 

Any homers or big fans want to break him down a bit for me? 
Funny timing on this post after Kyler looked like garbage and Lamar Jackson flashed a Mike Vick run. I don't think one quarter of preseason settles anything, just found the timing odd. 

yeah that post ^^ seems like it was from 2 weeks ago.lol.strange indeed.

Lamar Jackson doesn't look like an NFL type QB to me. I see a lesser Kordell Stewart-ish presence about him. he looks to have really small hands his delivery looks odd. 

they should've converted him to a RB he'd be fantastic. but i do think defenses spent the offseason findind ways to stop him.new wrinkles, new plays. but he badly missed on a few passes last night. Billick was pretty critical of him. I dont get the warm and fuzzie with Jackson. how long till he gets hurt running so much?

did they really need to sign Ingram? Gus Edwards looks legit out there.he's awesome.

Tanner9919 said:
yeah that post ^^ seems like it was from 2 weeks ago.lol.strange indeed.

Lamar Jackson doesn't look like an NFL type QB to me. I see a lesser Kordell Stewart-ish presence about him. he looks to have really small hands his delivery looks odd. 

they should've converted him to a RB he'd be fantastic. but i do think defenses spent the offseason findind ways to stop him.new wrinkles, new plays. but he badly missed on a few passes last night. Billick was pretty critical of him. I dont get the warm and fuzzie with Jackson. how long till he gets hurt running so much?

did they really need to sign Ingram? Gus Edwards looks legit out there.he's awesome.
NFL network guys were breaking down his throws/blitz pickups and were nothing but complimentary about him :shrug:

I'm all on board, I want this guy on every one of my teams for the price you can get him at.

Ilov80s said:
Funny timing on this post after Kyler looked like garbage and Lamar Jackson flashed a Mike Vick run. I don't think one quarter of preseason settles anything, just found the timing odd. 
Great timing too! I only need DJ to slide a spot or two. 

So where are we on this guy? Colossal bust who can only run and will get his block knocked off? A guy who is uber talented and the light is turning on and we are expecting dynasty gold? I can’t figure it out. 

So where are we on this guy? Colossal bust who can only run and will get his block knocked off? A guy who is uber talented and the light is turning on and we are expecting dynasty gold? I can’t figure it out. 
I feel like this is something actually and truly different.

So many other failed examples of trying to turn a running QB into a passer (ie Mariota today)... it seems like they might let Jackson be who he is.  He is a running QB, who might hit a wide open WR or TE now and then.  It feels like BAL is embracing that rather than forcing him into the pocket.

Pending your scoring, that running may well trump the passing.. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread