What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Lamar Jackson, BAL (3 Viewers)

Every article from the beginning of the season said Griffin is the actual backup QB and Jackson is the #3, and if Flacco would ever be expected to miss time, it'd be Griffin stepping into that role with Jackson staying in the role he's in right now.

Even if Flacco is hurt, it may not be time for Jackson just yet.

Every article from the beginning of the season said Griffin is the actual backup QB and Jackson is the #3, and if Flacco would ever be expected to miss time, it'd be Griffin stepping into that role with Jackson staying in the role he's in right now.

That does not sound like what I heard and saw preseason where Jackson beat out Griffen for the back up QB role.

I am fortunate enough to have secured both in a superflex league where I need help at QB.  Watching and waiting.

That does not sound like what I heard and saw preseason where Jackson beat out Griffen for the back up QB role.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2793848-robert-griffin-iii-reportedly-to-be-ravens-backup-qb-ahead-of-lamar-jackson

This is just one example. If you do a quick search of articles in early September, there are plenty more. Griffin had a strong preseason.

Griffin is inactive on gamedays because he's not the running threat Jackson is and wouldn't have that kind of package, and Jackson can take over in a pinch during a game. But if Flacco is inactive, it's not a sure thing that Jackson gets the role yet. Maybe something has changed since.

Edit to add another one: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/robert-griffin-iii-wins-ravens-backup-job-lamar-jackson-will-be-teams-third-qb/

Last edited by a moderator:
….and this is an ESPN article after the first game.  It basically says that they're only dressing Jackson and Flacco because of the special packages Jackson can play in, but in the case of an injury to Flacco, it would "likely" be RGIII's show.

BALTIMORE -- The Baltimore Ravens decided to go with rookie first-round pick Lamar Jackson as the backup quarterback to Joe Flacco in Sunday's season-opening 47-3 win over the Buffalo Bills.

The Ravens announced that Robert Griffin III was inactive, which means Baltimore suited up two quarterbacks in Flacco and Jackson.

Going with Jackson could indicate that the Ravens intend to use him in two-quarterback plays with Flacco or in specialized packages for Jackson, especially in the red zone, where he was most effective in the preseason. Coach John Harbaugh said in June that Jackson would be active on game days, but Harbaugh wouldn't disclose the No. 2 quarterback leading up to the opener.

Jackson, the 2016 Heisman Trophy winner, finished the preseason strong, posting a 103.2 passer rating in his last two games. He ran for 136 yards (12th-most by any player in the preseason this year) and scored three touchdowns.

Asked four days ago if he is ready to take the field in any capacity, Jackson said: "Absolutely. I've been preparing for it through the OTAs, rookie minicamp. I'm just ready."

Griffin, the No. 2 pick in the 2012 draft, was more efficient and consistent than Jackson in training camp and preseason. He would likely start if Flacco misses any games.

With him on the roster for Week 1, Griffin's $1 million salary is guaranteed.

But the Ravens are intrigued by Jackson's playmaking ability, which can boost last year's No. 27 offense.

Jackson came in for Flacco in the third quarter, after Flacco went 25-for-34 for 236 yards. Jackson did little more than hand off the ball after entering with a 40-0 lead.

Griffin's impressive play came after he was out of the league last season. It led the Ravens to keep three quarterbacks for the first time since 2009.

Griffin prepared for the possibility of not playing.

"I will be understanding of that throughout the season and whatever may be," he said Friday.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

I don't see how you can think that Griffin is the back up QB when he isn't even active.

Obviously if Flacco went down then Jackson would play.

Agree to disagree here.

I don't see how you can think that Griffin is the back up QB when he isn't even active.

Obviously if Flacco went down then Jackson would play.

Agree to disagree here.
I'm just going by everything that was reported at the time. You can argue with those articles and there are lots of examples of it beyond the few that I posted.

On gameday, they only activate 2 QBs. They want Jackson to be active because they have a specific set of plays for him to run.

• If Flacco were to get hurt in the middle of the game, they'd let Jackson finish the game.
  • But, if Flacco is hurt and inactive for a game, Griffin would be the starter with Jackson remaining the backup.
I'm not saying it WILL be the case. Maybe something has changed since early September.  But there are a lot of articles and reasons to believe it will be and I won't be surprised either way.

I'm just going by everything that was reported at the time. You can argue with those articles and there are lots of examples of it beyond the few that I posted.

On gameday, they only activate 2 QBs. They want Jackson to be active because they have a specific set of plays for him to run.

• If Flacco were to get hurt in the middle of the game, they'd let Jackson finish the game.
  • But, if Flacco is hurt and inactive for a game, Griffin would be the starter with Jackson remaining the backup.
I'm not saying it WILL be the case. Maybe something has changed since early September.  But there are a lot of articles and reasons to believe it will be and I won't be surprised either way.
Griffin is not good so I don't see any reason why they would activate him and start him over Jackson.

All the talk has been about if/when Jackson gets more playing time, not Jackson taking a back seat to Griffin.

What you are saying is not something that I think will happen if Flacco is hurt or benched. If it does then Harbaugh is even dummer than I already think he is...

Griffin is not good so I don't see any reason why they would activate him and start him over Jackson.

All the talk has been about if/when Jackson gets more playing time, not Jackson taking a back seat to Griffin.

What you are saying is not something that I think will happen if Flacco is hurt or benched. If it does then Harbaugh is even dummer than I already think he is...
Again, I'm not the one who reported it. But it was reported just about everywhere 3 months ago regardless of whatever "talk" has been out there lately. Like I said, maybe something has changed since then.

By just about all accounts, Griffin outplayed Jackson in the preseason. That doesn't change that Jackson is the QB of the future there, but he's a runner right now and he's not remotely close to ready to lead an offense. The Ravens would be punting the season by installing him as their QB. Not that Griffin is a star, but he can throw the ball and read defenses better than Jackson and he'd be far more prepared to start.

You may not think so, but if I'm Harbaugh and my job is on the line, I'd rather roll with the QB I think will give me the better chance to win. To me, that's RGIII.

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/09/joe-flacco-injury-would-the-ravens-turn-to-lamar-jackson-or-robert-griffin-iii/

It's not as simple as some people want to believe. Should be a fun week until there's some clarity though.

I wonder why the Ravens turned down trade offers for Griffin when he's on a 1 year contract behind both Flacco and (supposedly) Jackson. It might be because they'd need Griffin as a backup in case of a Flacco injury while they develop Jackson and allow him to run his small package of mostly running plays.

Time will tell.

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/09/joe-flacco-injury-would-the-ravens-turn-to-lamar-jackson-or-robert-griffin-iii/

It's not as simple as some people want to believe. Should be a fun week until there's some clarity though.

I wonder why the Ravens turned down trade offers for Griffin when he's on a 1 year contract behind both Flacco and (supposedly) Jackson. It might be because they'd need Griffin as a backup in case of a Flacco injury while they develop Jackson and allow him to run his small package of mostly running plays.

Time will tell.
Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.
LOL I don't. But when it's reported 3 months ago by everyone and makes perfect sense, I tend to listen when the situation might present itself. At least a little bit. I won't be surprised no matter which one of them would take over if Flacco misses time.

Making Lamar Jackson active as long as Flacco is healthy so he can run his package of plays to utilize his legs occasionally makes sense. Making someone as raw as him the starting QB on a team that's trying to compete doesn't make as much sense... although anyone who owns Jackson in fantasy will think otherwise. 

Everyone?

All I saw was a bleacher report and Disney article that were posted
I posted a CBS article, an ESPN article, and a bleacher report article. There are more out there and they all say basically the same thing. It was pretty much forgotten when Jackson was active for the games and Griffin wasn't, but Jackson offers his role as a runner and is more useful than a strict backup QB would be. 

If Flacco is out, Jackson may get the start. But I wouldn't say it's absolutely certain unless all of those articles are wrong or something has changed with their thinking in the last three months. 

I posted a CBS article, an ESPN article, and a bleacher report article. There are more out there and they all say basically the same thing. It was pretty much forgotten when Jackson was active for the games and Griffin wasn't, but Jackson offers his role as a runner and is more useful than a strict backup QB would be. 

If Flacco is out, Jackson may get the start. But I wouldn't say it's absolutely certain unless all of those articles are wrong or something has changed with their thinking in the last three months. 
I have seen this said before, and I appreciate that you are simply relaying information based upon what you have read.  Based on the information in print, it would seem like RG3 would be the guy.

That said, based on pure logical thinking, it has to be Jackson.  RG3 is what he is - and that is definitely nothing approaching special.  Jackson might be.  He was a first round pick (right?), and has had 10 weeks to learn, and even get a feel for real game speed.  The upcoming schedule is awesome for a QB, the starter is banged up, the coach is on the hot seat, and the team is sub .500.  Just looking at the situation, it seems like a total no-brainer - unless they are seeing things in practice that are telling them that Jackson is so completely un-ready that it would be Petermanesque if they threw him in there.

I personally fully expect to see Jackson after the bye and hopefully for the rest of the season, despite what we have seen in print.  Pretty excited to see what he can do for that offense, particularly Collins.

I have seen this said before, and I appreciate that you are simply relaying information based upon what you have read.  Based on the information in print, it would seem like RG3 would be the guy.

That said, based on pure logical thinking, it has to be Jackson.  RG3 is what he is - and that is definitely nothing approaching special.  Jackson might be.  He was a first round pick (right?), and has had 10 weeks to learn, and even get a feel for real game speed.  The upcoming schedule is awesome for a QB, the starter is banged up, the coach is on the hot seat, and the team is sub .500.  Just looking at the situation, it seems like a total no-brainer - unless they are seeing things in practice that are telling them that Jackson is so completely un-ready that it would be Petermanesque if they threw him in there.

I personally fully expect to see Jackson after the bye and hopefully for the rest of the season, despite what we have seen in print.  Pretty excited to see what he can do for that offense, particularly Collins.
And to play devil's advocate...

Harbaugh is coaching for his job right now and Lamar Jackson doesn't look like he's remotely close to being a threat as a passer. When he's in the game, he's either running it or handing it off. There's a chance - and it's not a slim one - that RGIII would give the Ravens a better chance to win right now than Jackson. It may be a no-brainer, and the decision may not be Jackson. The coach being on the hot seat might be exactly the reason they DON'T start the raw rookie who's not ready. Jackson might be special someday, but it's not someday yet.

That's why I just presented the information. People can believe it or not believe it and hope for what they want to see happen. I can see them going to RGIII to see if he can keep them in the race for a bit while Jackson continues to work in, and once the season is officially lost, maybe Jackson sees a few starts towards the end. I won't be surprised at all if Jackson gets the nod, but it's anything but an obvious decision (unless you're a fantasy owner of Jackson). 

Again, I'm not the one who reported it. But it was reported just about everywhere 3 months ago regardless of whatever "talk" has been out there lately. Like I said, maybe something has changed since then.

By just about all accounts, Griffin outplayed Jackson in the preseason. That doesn't change that Jackson is the QB of the future there, but he's a runner right now and he's not remotely close to ready to lead an offense. The Ravens would be punting the season by installing him as their QB. Not that Griffin is a star, but he can throw the ball and read defenses better than Jackson and he'd be far more prepared to start.

You may not think so, but if I'm Harbaugh and my job is on the line, I'd rather roll with the QB I think will give me the better chance to win. To me, that's RGIII.

Can you explain the part of the post where you say Jackson is not remotely close to running an offense? This ‘opinion’ was stated as fact. Link? The fact that he is in uniform proves that he is remotely close to running a nfl team.  Please choose your words wisely.

Harbaugh is coaching for his job right now and Lamar Jackson doesn't look like he's remotely close to being a threat as a passer. When he's in the game, he's either running it or handing it off. There's a chance - and it's not a slim one - that RGIII would give the Ravens a better chance to win right now than Jackson. It may be a no-brainer, and the decision may not be Jackson. The coach being on the hot seat might be exactly the reason they DON'T start the raw rookie who's not ready. Jackson might be special someday, but it's not someday yet.

That's why I just presented the information. People can believe it or not believe it and hope for what they want to see happen. I can see them going to RGIII to see if he can keep them in the race for a bit while Jackson continues to work in, and once the season is officially lost, maybe Jackson sees a few starts towards the end. I won't be surprised at all if Jackson gets the nod, but it's anything but an obvious decision (unless you're a fantasy owner of Jackson). 
As a disclaimer, I drafted Jackson and own Collins in my dynasty league, so there is that.   

However, trying to remain unbiased I still dont agree that RG3 gives any team a better chance of winning a game than too many QBs that are rostered in the NFL.  We have seen enough of him post-Redskins awesomeness to know what he is.  If he gives them a better chance to win than Jackson, then that front office clearly botched the pick.  Jackson will have had 10 weeks plus an offseason to prepare, as well as 40ish NFL snaps.  He should be ready to step in and represent a much higher ceiling today than what RG3 offers.  Maybe a lower floor, but thats arguable as we have seen the depths of RGs floor.  Whether they are calling it a wrap on this season or taking a shot at it this season, Jackson seems like the better choice to lead the team right now.  At least to me.  They need a huge spark to be able to think about competing with New England, KC, and Pittsburgh in the AFC.  RG is way less likely to provide that spark than Jackson IMO.

As a disclaimer, I drafted Jackson and own Collins in my dynasty league, so there is that.   

However, trying to remain unbiased I still dont agree that RG3 gives any team a better chance of winning a game than too many QBs that are rostered in the NFL.  We have seen enough of him post-Redskins awesomeness to know what he is.  If he gives them a better chance to win than Jackson, then that front office clearly botched the pick.  Jackson will have had 10 weeks plus an offseason to prepare, as well as 40ish NFL snaps.  He should be ready to step in and represent a much higher ceiling today than what RG3 offers.  Maybe a lower floor, but thats arguable as we have seen the depths of RGs floor.  Whether they are calling it a wrap on this season or taking a shot at it this season, Jackson seems like the better choice to lead the team right now.  At least to me.  They need a huge spark to be able to think about competing with New England, KC, and Pittsburgh in the AFC.  RG is way less likely to provide that spark than Jackson IMO.
Honestly there's 0 chance of competing with the top teams right now with either guy.  If they think Jackson is ready or close too ready they should play him. If not, they're better off with RG3.

Honestly there's 0 chance of competing with the top teams right now with either guy.  If they think Jackson is ready or close too ready they should play him. If not, they're better off with RG3.
I agree, but if he came in and was the next coming of Pat Mahomes, maybe they have a chance.  As unlikely as that may be, RG does not have that potential upside at all.

I agree that their season is likely toast.  More the reason to get the blue chip rookie some quality playing time - especially with the upcoming cupcake schedule that could help build some confidence.

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec suggests Lamar Jackson isn't a lock to start if Joe Flacco (hip) misses time.

The Ravens (4-5) are still in the playoff hunt despite losing three straight games. Jackson has been active over Robert Griffin III for Baltimore's dual-QB packages, but it's possible they could turn to Griffin if Flacco is out next week. The "expectation" is that it will be Jackson, though the Ravens have been noncommittal on their depth chart behind Flacco.

Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter 

Nov 9 - 6:11 PM

ChuckLiddell said:
I agree, but if he came in and was the next coming of Pat Mahomes, maybe they have a chance.  As unlikely as that may be, RG does not have that potential upside at all.

I agree that their season is likely toast.  More the reason to get the blue chip rookie some quality playing time - especially with the upcoming cupcake schedule that could help build some confidence.
"Upside" is a dangerous word sometimes.  That might be more of a reason NOT to play him. When Jackson came into the game against the Steelers, the Steelers didn't respect the pass at all. They brought everyone in close. I don't think Jackson is ready to lead an offense yet - it's one thing to be able to run, it's another to face an NFL defense that gameplans and knows you can't pass. That's also a recipe that could get their future QB hurt, and they knew he was a developmental project when they drafted him.  

They had Griffin on a 1 year deal as the more experienced backup and decided not to trade him when teams asked, and all reporting after final cutdowns said he outperformed Jackson in the preseason.  He'd be the backup in case of a Flacco injury. Unless Jackson has shown them something in practices, I doubt roughly 40 NFL snaps (all of which being in either garbage time or as gimmick running plays) have done anything to really prepare him in a way that would make him any more prepared. 

I doubt Harbaugh sees their season as toast either. He should, but I doubt he does. I get it though - people who own Jackson want to see him play and they might. 

"Upside" is a dangerous word sometimes.  That might be more of a reason NOT to play him. When Jackson came into the game against the Steelers, the Steelers didn't respect the pass at all. They brought everyone in close. I don't think Jackson is ready to lead an offense yet - it's one thing to be able to run, it's another to face an NFL defense that gameplans and knows you can't pass. That's also a recipe that could get their future QB hurt, and they knew he was a developmental project when they drafted him.  

They had Griffin on a 1 year deal as the more experienced backup and decided not to trade him when teams asked, and all reporting after final cutdowns said he outperformed Jackson in the preseason.  He'd be the backup in case of a Flacco injury. Unless Jackson has shown them something in practices, I doubt roughly 40 NFL snaps (all of which being in either garbage time or as gimmick running plays) have done anything to really prepare him in a way that would make him any more prepared. 

I doubt Harbaugh sees their season as toast either. He should, but I doubt he does. I get it though - people who own Jackson want to see him play and they might. 
Do you really think he can't pass? Or is that just a Steelers bias. 

Do you really think he can't pass? Or is that just a Steelers bias. 
It's not about bias at all. Personally, I hope the Ravens suck every week, every year. But my feelings on Jackson have nothing to do with that. When he was drafted, he wasn't viewed as ready. Sure, he can run, but being a QB takes a lot more than that or it can be dangerous, and that's why he basically hasn't been asked to pass outside of some garbage time action. His "package" plays are almost exclusively runs, and if I'm the Ravens, I'm not sure I want to expose him to stacked lines of defenses that know he's not much of a threat to throw it effectively.

I'm not saying he'll never be able to be an effective passer, but I'm saying that he wasn't thought of as ready when he's drafted and he (by just about every account) was outplayed by Griffin in the preseason. That wasn't my opinion, it was plenty of others'.  There's good reason that he's been active over Griffin every week, because his running threat is useful. But being asked to play a full game? I don't know that I see that yet.

I've been wrong plenty before like all of us, and I could be completely off base now. But unless you think there was no basis to any of the reports at the start of the year, or unless you think some running plays and garbage time action have changed things, there's at least some reason to believe that it wouldn't be Jackson taking over.

It's not about bias at all. Personally, I hope the Ravens suck every week, every year. But my feelings on Jackson have nothing to do with that. When he was drafted, he wasn't viewed as ready. Sure, he can run, but being a QB takes a lot more than that or it can be dangerous, and that's why he basically hasn't been asked to pass outside of some garbage time action. His "package" plays are almost exclusively runs, and if I'm the Ravens, I'm not sure I want to expose him to stacked lines of defenses that know he's not much of a threat to throw it effectively.

I'm not saying he'll never be able to be an effective passer, but I'm saying that he wasn't thought of as ready when he's drafted and he (by just about every account) was outplayed by Griffin in the preseason. That wasn't my opinion, it was plenty of others'.  There's good reason that he's been active over Griffin every week, because his running threat is useful. But being asked to play a full game? I don't know that I see that yet.

I've been wrong plenty before like all of us, and I could be completely off base now. But unless you think there was no basis to any of the reports at the start of the year, or unless you think some running plays and garbage time action have changed things, there's at least some reason to believe that it wouldn't be Jackson taking over.
Personally, I think it's more valuable to look at his game tape in college and decide for yourself. I think there were a lot of negative reports regarding his passing in college from so called experts. But if you go back and look at his game tape, you can see a good passer and poise under pressure and desire to win, even in big games. Similar to Deshaun Watson in college was not seen as a technically efficient passer, same with Jackson, I think people are underrating him as a passer. You said yourself, "I hope the Ravens suck every year". I think that could be clouding your opinion on Jackson and you got a lot of energy towards him in that regard.  Especially given that he could potentially be the future of their franchise. 

Early on in the season, when he doesn't know jack about the offense and NFL in general with the team having playoff goals, sure.  Now at 4-5 with no Flacco to return and pick it back up, with Jackson having a whole lot more reps/preparation/film, that's a whole different story.  Griffin was "the backup" in the sense of holding down the fort for a game or three and maybe not going 0-3 like a rookie might.  But he's not going to go 6-1 which is probably what they need to make the playoffs, and maybe Jackson brings something different that opponents can't prepare for and the rest of the team catches a spark.

Based on what, his whopping 12 passing attempts this year?

Based on what, his whopping 12 passing attempts this year?
That, and the fact that he wasn't viewed as an NFL-ready passer when he was drafted, so unless you think his practices have been out of this world, I don't expect that anything substantial has changed in that area. There's a reason his special plays are all runs or hand-offs, especially when defenses don't respect his passing and the opportunity to exploit that would be there - it definitely was against the Steelers.

Look, I brought it up because there are a ton of reports from early September that said Griffin, not Jackson, would be the primary backup but inactive on gamedays unless Flacco gets hurt. Jackson would be active on gamedays so that he could run his special package of plays, and the Ravens don't activate three QBs. So here we are, Flacco has potentially gotten hurt, and I don't think it's an automatic thing that Jackson is the guy who takes over. People want to believe he's ready, people want to believe he can be a fantasy contributor, and that's cool. He might be.

Personally, I'd love to see him in there opening up running lanes for Alex Collins, because I own Collins in a league. Either way, people can believe whatever they want... it'll all be clear next week. In the meantime, that schedule and the early season reporting make RGIII a somewhat interesting stash right now as either a backup or a possible QB2 in superflex leagues.

Early on in the season, when he doesn't know jack about the offense and NFL in general with the team having playoff goals, sure.  Now at 4-5 with no Flacco to return and pick it back up, with Jackson having a whole lot more reps/preparation/film, that's a whole different story.  Griffin was "the backup" in the sense of holding down the fort for a game or three and maybe not going 0-3 like a rookie might.  But he's not going to go 6-1 which is probably what they need to make the playoffs, and maybe Jackson brings something different that opponents can't prepare for and the rest of the team catches a spark.
Completely agree, that might be the case. Or maybe the fact that RGIII (by almost all accounts) outplayed Jackson in the preseason means something, and RGIII would have every bit as much of a chance of providing a spark to the offense. I really don't know.  

My point isn't that I'm right or anyone's wrong. I never said I was sure about anything - I referenced a few reports, and there have even been a couple tweets and articles from the past two days that say the same thing as what I'm saying, so I'm not exactly alone in thinking it.  It's that we don't know no matter how "sure" anyone is.

I'm having flashbacks to last year's Zeke Elliott thread, and the Darren McFadden owners believing he, not Alf Morris, was the guy to have even though McFadden had been inactive basically all year.

The previous two snarky comments contributed nothing useful to the conversation. 
On the contrary, a reminder of previous situations with similar parameters in which we now know many fantasy analysts were led down the wrong path is definitely germaine.

If nothing else, it serves as a warning not to presume that this situation will resolve differently.  

I'm having flashbacks to last year's Zeke Elliott thread, and the Darren McFadden owners believing he, not Alf Morris, was the guy to have even though McFadden had been inactive basically all year.
My thoughts aren't based on my gut or my fantasy team. It was pretty well documented early the season. Now, if the Ravens record changes their plans or Jackson has shown something in practices that changes that stuff, so be it. Again, I never said it was going to happen, but it's not unrealsitic if you believe what they said 3 months ago.

Of course, should've expected this reaction poating it in the Lamar Jackson thread lol.

On the contrary, a reminder of previous situations with similar parameters in which we now know many fantasy analysts were led down the wrong path is definitely germaine.

If nothing else, it serves as a warning not to presume that this situation will resolve differently.  
"If nothing else", they are very shallow comments. 

Matter of opinion if you actually feel those are similar situations. Big difference is that it was made clear early in the year why RGIII would be inactive on gamedays in lieu of Jackson. It wasn't based on performance, because by basically all accounts RGIII was The better QB in the preseason and OTA's.

The question is if you believe things will also play out how it was reported to in the event of a Flacco injury. Are the Ravens going to try to win to save Harbaugh's job, and who gives them the better chance to do that THIS year. Time will tell.

I'm a Lamar supporter and believer but I agree with Steelers4Life here.  Lamar was pretty brutal in the preseason (50ish% comp percentage, I  think) besides his running, and I haven't really seen him make any spectacular throws during the season either.  I could see them wanting to give him more time.

Matter of opinion if you actually feel those are similar situations. Big difference is that it was made clear early in the year why RGIII would be inactive on gamedays in lieu of Jackson. It wasn't based on performance, because by basically all accounts RGIII was The better QB in the preseason and OTA's.

The question is if you believe things will also play out how it was reported to in the event of a Flacco injury. Are the Ravens going to try to win to save Harbaugh's job, and who gives them the better chance to do that THIS year. Time will tell.
I would argue that if Harbaugh’s first round draft pick who already sat for half a season is incapable of starting over a QB recently out of football, then Harbaugh already has little chance to keep his job. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would argue that if Harbaugh’s first round draft pick who already sit for half a season is incapable of starting over a QB recently out of football, then Harbaugh already has little chance to keep his job. 
That's fair. I'd just point to the fact that it was nearly universally accepted that Jackson was not likely to be ready in year one and would need some time to develop as a passer before taking over. Does a half season of practices and about 40 snaps in gimmick plays and garbage time speed that timeline up?

And by all accounts, that QB who had been out of football really had a different attitude and played well... Which is why teams inquired about trading for him. For some reason, the Ravens decided to keep him on a one year contract rather than trading him.

Users who are viewing this thread