What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

World Cup of Hockey Thread (1 Viewer)

Crappy ESPN coverage so far. Unless I missed it, no info on who is on each roster. No graphics to indicate who is currently on the ice. They said Team Europe has players from 8 countries and then don't tell us which countries. 

It's pretty dead in here right now. Loudest fans are the Canadiens who are cheering aginst the USA. 

Are we supposed to hate the Canadien team? I dont. Might even buy a canadien hockey hat. 

Poured on us at the fan fest but was fun none the less. Kids had this pic taken of them

http://360pepsi.com/player/20160917_134438_550

That was close to being offside. Thought the Americens might challenge it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those power plays were tough to watch.  The only chance I really liked was the Kane to Oshie one timer out front.  But I don't think that was on net either.  Brutal.

Was watching a "documentary" on the '96 final; best-of-three between USA & Canada.  Forgot that the US had to play  the last two games in Canada, & win both.  Richter was insane; but it was great to see Yzerman (Red Wings fan here) to score the game-winner in Game 1.  Does that make me unpatriotic?

Apparently I don't have ESPN News but Watch ESPN has a "multicam" broadcast for each game which I'm watching. No commentating, which is nice if it's Levy again. 

I loved torts complaining about the goal scoring while they left Tyler Johnson and Kessel off the roster. Idiot. 

I loved torts complaining about the goal scoring while they left Tyler Johnson and Kessel off the roster. Idiot. 
Unless TJohnson and Kessel were left off because they might be included in a major trade with Canada where the USA acquires Justin Trudeau, there's no excuse. 

Tried to buy a GhostBear Team North America shirsey for son and looks like they're sold out. Only Small and XXL left.

Maybe he shouldn't have sat Byfuglien.

Also, still odd that Justin Abdelkader is on this team.
They say that USA was built to beat Canada.  I think the conclusion is that they took physical play over skill.  In other words, USA brass believes a team with PK and TJ probably can't beat Canada but a team with JA et al might be able to beat Canada. 

Team NA had the most gear sold as far as I could see and it wasnt even close. Great idea for a team. 

Team NA had the most gear sold as far as I could see and it wasnt even close. Great idea for a team. 
Wife wants a drouin jersey but I can't find one on the website. 

Agree it was a great idea and hope they keep it for the next cup. 

Kinda thinking that the NA jersey would be best if I had it signed and framed. So many great players where that could be a fun small investment and cool hanging.

Need to get MacKinnon and Nugent -Hopkins back out there - Mac screening in front of net has been effective - Nugent- Hopkins to clean up

Users who are viewing this thread