What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Babymoon, this is a thing now? (1 Viewer)

Baloney Sandwich

Footballguy
My wife informed me today that our friends who are about to have twins, their first kids, are away this weekend for a babymoon.  Obviously a play on honeymoon and my wife is stating this is a thing now.  Anyone else ever heard of it? Sounds beyond dumb.

My wife informed me today that our friends who are about to have twins, their first kids, are away this weekend for a babymoon.  Obviously a play on honeymoon and my wife is stating this is a thing now.  Anyone else ever heard of it? Sounds beyond dumb.
Sounds stupid.

A woman came up with it - what do you expect?

I have seen a few friends post something similar on Facebook over the last year.   Maybe it's a RI thing?  

We did this before our first and I'm glad we did. Last trip with just the two of us. Didn't know it was a "thing".

Its also a stupid name because you go on a honeymoon after you marry your wife. Yet, you have a babymoon before the kid is born?

Apparently the term has been around since 1996.

My wife and I are going away in October before she hits her third trimester. We're calling it a vacation though.

Exactly how pregnant is the wife supposed to be?  A non-sexy wife plus lack of alcohol for said wife could lead to a lousy babymoon.

I have seen people do it after the baby was born.  I'm not sure if they brought the baby along or not.  I would guess no by the destinations though.  Islands and such.

Never heard the term but we went on a trip right before our first and I literally just walked in the door after getting back from a nice trip before our second (in-laws met us and watching kid #1 at the destination).

Exactly how pregnant is the wife supposed to be?  A non-sexy wife plus lack of alcohol for said wife could lead to a lousy babymoon.
Wife came down with pregnancy after we already scheduled a Vegas trip with a few other couples.  It was pretty cool cause she just wanted to take a bath and relax at night while I went and drank and gambled

PIK95 said:
I have seen people do it after the baby was born.  I'm not sure if they brought the baby along or not.  I would guess no by the destinations though.  Islands and such.
:shrug:

we took our first to an island a few months after he was born. easiest time to travel with them, even if it wasn't quite the same relaxing island experience as it was before the little ####er was born.

- An engagement ring.  She gets a diamond worth thousands of dollars....you "get" her forever and ever.

- She gets a ridiculous wedding dress.  You rent your tux for a couple hundred dollars at Men's Wearhouse.

- She gets a pushing present.  In my marriage, that was a pair of diamond earrings.  I got 3 months with no sex.

- She gets to take a few months off from work and stay home.  Maybe quits her job altogether.  If you're lucky, you took a week off.

I hope the babymoons are good for you guys.  Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread