What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it ok to make a noise complaint? (1 Viewer)

RokNRole

Footballguy
8pm to 11:17pm

Excessive decibel level.

Its a neighbor connected in the backyard. About 200-300 feet away. 

100 Decibels for 3+ hours. Along with a bunch of drunk people screaming.

Was it ok for me to make several noise complaints?

Last edited by a moderator:
8pm to 11:17pm

Excessive decibel level.

Its a neighbor connected in the backyard. About 200-300 feet away. 

100 Decibels for 3+ hours. Along with a bunch of drunk people screaming.

Was it ok for me to make several noise complaints?
GET OFF OF MY LAWN

You know, your username suggests you might be more tolerant of such a thing

Holy crap people were having a party on a  Saturday night at it was loud. Call in the swat team! 

And until 11:17pm? Oh god the horror. Take your Ambien earlier next Saturday gramps. 

I'm just giving you a hard time, man.  You know your neighborhood better than I do.  I live in a typically quiet residential neighborhood.  Extremely loud parties are few and far between.  If it was me, I probably wouldn't have made a complaint unless it was the wee hours of the morning or unless it was happening on a regular basis.

There is never an appropriate time to ruin so many other persons nights.

loud music can be enjoyed in a nightclub

is your backyard a night club?
Had something similar a couple months ago at neighbors who we know and share courtyard with. I waited until 12, texted them and then called the cops when I didn't hear back. At least their live music was good... Just ####### loud.

There is a time and place for loud music
Like Saturday night?

I don't know how old or antisocial you are, but if I heard loud reggae music blasting from the house behind me I'd bring over some party favors and meet the neighbors. 

Irie!

Like Saturday night?

I don't know how old or antisocial you are, but if I heard loud reggae music blasting from the house behind me I'd bring over some party favors and meet the neighbors. 

Irie!
Regaetton, not reggae. Biiiiiiiiig difference.

Like Saturday night?

Irie!
Why would I want to meet people who would do something like this?

Had something similar a couple months ago at neighbors who we know and share courtyard with. I waited until 12, texted them and then called the cops when I didn't hear back. At least their live music was good... Just ####### loud.
This wasn't good music 

that's not even the point though

Yes, and you should. 311 just ticks off the corresponding box, and does very little about it unless there's a life safety issue.
I'll keep that in mind for next time.

they said they would notify the precinct and that someone would come around

what the #### do you care?  You're leaving town in 2 weeks anyway.  call the cops on any mother####er that looks at you sideways.

Regaetton, not reggae. Biiiiiiiiig difference.
Oops.

I hear that #### every damn day out here in the barrio, didn't know it was called regaetton.. 

In that case, I just bring a couple bud light tall boy cheladas and wear my border patrol dry fit shirt. Life of the party. 

Just make sure when taking shots to tap the table between the cheers and the chug.

If they are blasting regaetton I bet there are some fine ### Puerto Ricans (I think you are in NY) or Mexicans shaking dat ###. 

Take and post pics.

Oops.

I hear that #### every damn day out here in the barrio, didn't know it was called regaetton.. 

In that case, I just bring a couple bud light tall boy cheladas and wear my border patrol dry fit shirt. Life of the party. 

Just make sure when taking shots to tap the table between the cheers and the chug.
Blood cloth, easy star!

Sorry, man.that stuff gets under my skin too... And I live in heart of the EVil and LES.
It's been a few years since I've had to make one of these calls

i remember what I did that time

i did call the precinct and I reported a party and told them it sounded like people were fighting

they were there in minutes and ended the party

idk why I called 311 this time. Just slipped my mind

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a few years since I've had to make one of these calls

i remember what I did that time

i did call the prevent and I reported a party and told them it sounded like people were fighting

they were there in minutes and ended the party

idk why I called 311 this time. Just slipped my mind
That's my wife's play. I'm bad at lying, especially to The Man.

At 11pm I wouldve been angered but understanding, if still going on at this time of night it could be call worthy.

Ive never actually called the cops myself for noise disturbances. I had this #### face neighbor in 2008 who called the cops 4-5 times on me for being too loud in my apt, he lived above me. Only once out of 4 or 5 times was the cop like turn your music down buddy. The rest of the times the cop was like I can barely hear music, have a nice night. Which also brings up the question, if you can hear someone knock on your door, in all liklihood your music is not too loud.

At 11pm I wouldve been angered but understanding, if still goingison at this time of night it could be call worthy.

Ive never actually called the cops myself for noise disturbances. I had this #### face neighbor in 2008 who called the cops 4-5 times on me for being too loud in my apt, he lived above me. Only once out of 4 or 5 times was the cop like turn your music down buddy. The rest of the times the cop was like I can barely hear music, have a nice night. Which also brings up the question, if you can hear someone knock on your door, in all liklihood your music is not too loud.
I live above a gourmet grocery. They play jazz from 6:30am to 11:30 pm. Not loud, but a speaker Is literally In the ceiling just below our bed. If the music goes above a certain volume, the frequency of the bass goes right through our floor and bed Into my brain... woke me up this morning at 6:30.

I live above a gourmet grocery. They play jazz from 6:30am to 11:30 pm. Not loud, but a speaker Is literally In the ceiling just below our bed. If the music goes above a certain volume, the frequency of the bass goes right through our floor and bed Into my brain... woke me up this morning at 6:30.
I'd be calling every day until they took care of that.

Users who are viewing this thread