What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Fly's "Plays of Week 2" (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
Lesser played guys who are gonna light up the stat sheet this wknd.

Enjoy the price.

QB - Blake Bortles - SD seems to love shootouts, JAX is on the road, and the weapons are basically all there, and healthy. JAX's DEF was supposed to keep their run game active, but it won't.. at least not now. Rivers tosses bomb after bomb, and Bortles does too, to the tune of 350/3... Maybe 4 if refs let a little rough stuff go

RB - Ryan Mathews - When he's on the field, he can produce. Problem is, he usually isn't. He can run, he can catch, and he's likely to see about 20-25 touches in total this week according to Soulfly insiders. Sneaky play, and bound to put up 120/2 this week

WR - Corey Coleman - this is the week he starts to be discussed. RG3 was not a good fit for him, unfortunately. But McCown is a good fit for everyone, it seems, throughout his career. Coleman heavily involved this week, and looks to be set up for a PPR goldmine. 8/120/1... with potential for a lot more. I saw the future, and he takes a little 5yd slant to the house from 60-70yds out

TE - Vernon Davis - Yup, he still exists. And he's gonna nail 2 in the endzone this week, too. Probably sitting on everyone's WW, if you're desperate already, for some unknown reason... He's gonna have the game of the season this week. 

Good luck, everyone. 

Is this like last year when you put a curse on a guy each week, except now it's for each position? 

QB - Blake Bortles - SD seems to love shootouts, JAX is on the road, and the weapons are basically all there, and healthy. JAX's DEF was supposed to keep their run game active, but it won't.. at least not now. Rivers tosses bomb after bomb, and Bortles does too, to the tune of 350/3... Maybe 4 if refs let a little rough stuff go
FF-wise I think today is a pretty important day for the Jags passing game. The game against GB seems odd to me, 23 points, 1 TD from Bortles, at home, 3 FGAs, led in TOP, this just seems like more of a tightly scripted, ball control style team than last year. SD's defense is advertised as terrible and Al Smith just had a great day vs the Bolts so if the Jags passing offense players don't pay off here I think this could be how it is for much of the year.

FF-wise I think today is a pretty important day for the Jags passing game. The game against GB seems odd to me, 23 points, 1 TD from Bortles, at home, 3 FGAs, led in TOP, this just seems like more of a tightly scripted, ball control style team than last year. SD's defense is advertised as terrible and Al Smith just had a great day vs the Bolts so if the Jags passing offense players don't pay off here I think this could be how it is for much of the year.
Didnt help that the refs let AR15 get mugged about 4-5 times. It was vulgar to watch. 

Today should put doubts to rest

People mock, but hey Fly, Otis and DY/Anarchy have shown up with threads discussing what might really happen in the real world. Definitely worthy discussion for Sunday mornings.

People mock, but hey Fly, Otis and DY/Anarchy have shown up with threads discussing what might really happen in the real world. Definitely worthy discussion for Sunday mornings.
The discussion it generates is awesome.  The arrogant chest thumping, while just shtick, is still annoying.  I actively shun people like that in day-to-day life.

Soulfly3 said:
Lesser played guys who are gonna light up the stat sheet this wknd.

Enjoy the price.

RB - Ryan Mathews - When he's on the field, he can produce. Problem is, he usually isn't. He can run, he can catch, and he's likely to see about 20-25 touches in total this week according to Soulfly insiders. Sneaky play, and bound to put up 120/2 this week

WR - Corey Coleman - this is the week he starts to be discussed. RG3 was not a good fit for him, unfortunately. But McCown is a good fit for everyone, it seems, throughout his career. Coleman heavily involved this week, and looks to be set up for a PPR goldmine. 8/120/1... with potential for a lot more. I saw the future, and he takes a little 5yd slant to the house from 60-70yds out

TE - Vernon Davis - Yup, he still exists. And he's gonna nail 2 in the endzone this week, too. Probably sitting on everyone's WW, if you're desperate already, for some unknown reason... He's gonna have the game of the season this week. 

Good luck, everyone. 
I like Bortles but am uneasy with the long travel, SD secondary is sneaky. Last week SD got hit with the reality their season took a big turn for the worse and it felt like Rocky trying to beat Clubber after Micky goes down. The Bolts are going to come out swinging this week.

Ryan Mathews did very little for so many touches. His rookie QB will look more like a rookie QB this week. I'm not a Mathews fan, trying to p/u Barner in most leagues where I can. 

Corey Coleman is interesting. 

Vernon Davis...is Jordan Reed out?

Good stuff Fly!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reed is NOT out, but that's part of the sneak. 

WAS playedquite a few 2-3 TE sets and I see it continuing.  Reed will draw top coverage, Davis left all by his lonesome for a few scores. 

Soulfly3 said:
Wow.

#SchtickLife

Last edited by a moderator:
Not too bad Soulfly.   Well done.   I know you are a huge J Gordon guy.  On a serious note---if McCcown is hurt--and it becomes the Kessler show in Cle--how does that effect your projections on Gordon? 

Users who are viewing this thread