What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh (1 Viewer)

Jones should have knocked the (fourth down) pass down instead of the INT and CIN gets the ball on their 40 instead of 20.

For PIT, basically like a punt.

Last edited by a moderator:
DeAngelo Williams had a nice scamper in an earlier series -- we knew he was a solid fantasy starter in PIT when Bell is out, but just taking some time to appreciate an underrated runner who is defying time and makes the most out of his opportunities.

Refs missed holding penalty.
Likely right on that -- just good to see Coates living up to his athletic potential. The guy's stock dropped far coming into the real games, and he made a nice over the shoulder in stride. Some of that's Ben for sure, but was a nice catch.

Interesting call out by Fouts on the replay of the extra point -- Bengals have three guys 6'5+ plugging the middle of the line, and Dunlap almost gets the block.

Dalton scramble up the middle for 5.

Play fake gets AJ Green open on an in route for 1st.

Dalton hits Tyler Kroft deep in the middle for another 1st.

Starting on the Steeler 11, LaFell drops an easy one at the knees that would have put thme a few yards from the stripe.

3rd down dump to Gio for a couple.

Chip shot FG.

Led with the crown of the helmet too. Second time today there have been helmet-led hits (first was on Roethlisberger) with no flags. For all the talk about how the officials were warned not to let the game get out of control, they're not calling it very tight right now, which I prefer. 

Also, Heyward-Bey cannot catch a cold. 

Looks like A.J. will be a bust today....
He will get his.

An aside, Robert Golden playing very well for Pitt.  I second EG's note of being very conservative with the flags and the way I prefer, as long as tempers haven't gotten escalated (which you assume they will before it's over -- it's still early).  Cincy run D playing very stout.  Rain has let up, but field is still very slick.  Coats catches it over the shoulder and A. Brown drops a gimme first down!  Bizzarro world.

Not calling much of anything.  They missed two personal foul hits by Cincy, and allowing a LOT of downfield contact by Cincy DBs too.  It's going both ways, and whether its being called tight or loose doesn't matter to me as long as it's equal both ways.
It's not. 3 penalties on one punt return on Bengals and a late hit on returner.  You just expect it when playing Pittsburgh 

I prefer to let the penalties go, instead of calling a tight game.  I think the game has been called fine so far.
As long as we're not talking truly game changing calls being missed, agree. In reality, if there are infractions going on, they should be called -- they don't have rules for nothing. But I like to see the refs be a little more apt to let the players play if only in these divisional games -- makes it more interesting.

I know they expanded the "horsecollar" rule to include the neck hole of the jersey, but don't you still have to pull the player over backwards?

(I hate the rule all around...)

Knee was in bounds.  Should have used the challenge, Marvin.   :P   Yeah, FGs will get you there. . .  once in a while.

Another very good play by Golden though.

Users who are viewing this thread