What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 waiver wire (1 Viewer)

Very few moves made in my leagues week 1. I still don't see anyone worth dropping from my roster currently this week either.

In my league--M. Bennett because I so intelligently dropped him this morning. Uggh.  Aside from him--probably farrow would be a guy to look at. 

Totally agree on Dwayne Washngton.  If this guy gets 15-20 touches in a game look out.  The next star Rb will be born.  Kid is just as electric as they come.  He is good enough to relegate Abdullah and riddick to backups and passing down backs. 

Nah man, Mckinnon isn't that good, plus Asiata will take touches. Don't spend a lot on him
yeah, last year i knew it was split a lot between both of them. I'm pissed cause i was going to pick up Mckinnon this week and never did it. but i don't think i would blow 50% of my budget on him either

Speculative adds might be CJ Spiller or Ray Rice as Woodhead replacements as the back ups on San Diego are better runners than pass catchers. 

Totally agree on Dwayne Washngton.  If this guy gets 15-20 touches in a game look out.  The next star Rb will be born.  Kid is just as electric as they come.  He is good enough to relegate Abdullah and riddick to backups and passing down backs. 
As a Lion's homer who has watched him intently, I think this is premature and very much an overstatement at this point. He wasn't even the go to RB on his college team and has fumbling issues. He fumbled once every 22.7 carries in college.

He has shown flashes of elite speed in the return game but not a ton more at this point.

As a Lion's homer who has watched him intently, I think this is premature and very much an overstatement at this point. He wasn't even the go to RB on his college team and has fumbling issues. He fumbled once every 22.7 carries in college.

He has shown flashes of elite speed in the return game but not a ton more at this point.
I'm all about being premature.  Just ask my wife! 

In fantasy, premature can be very fruitful. Spotting a player and seeing value in him before the rest of the pack does is something I pride myself on and it's the largest reason why I'm successful at this hobby.  I'm consistently placing in the money or winning Super Bowls in my leagues and it's not BC I am good at drafting.  It's because every year I pick up a few of the best fa's just sitting in the pool that no one is paying attn to BC it's too premature.  But I see something in them.  Waiting until they blow up is a recipe for losing out on that player.  

If Abdullah is to miss any time Washington is going to get a chance to shine. 

What he does with that opportunity (whether he fumbles it away or becomes the next great Rb I the NFL) I can't say.  What his coaches decide to do with him moving forward based on what he does I can't say. 

What I can say is that I have watched this kid all preseason and  he has the goods.  And it's a logical assumption that of Abdullah misses time it will be Washington not Zenner who gets a crack at the big back role in Detroit based on him being active and utilized over Zenner in weeks 1 and 2.  In that time he's also made the most of his opportunities by scoring a short yardage td and going 4-34 yesterday. Not bad.  

Users who are viewing this thread