What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matty Ice is Back? (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
Don't look now, but throwing bombs, winning on the road, multiple TDs in the red zone, two RBs adept at catching out of the backfield - Julio when his ankles are right (ugh) - worked in the offseason on his deep balls (hehe heh). I watched a lot of today's Raiders game & Ryan looks poised and capable - no deer in the headlights. 

Could THIS finally be the year? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oakland pass defense sucks
Well, there's that. But he looked very good week one as well. 

Matty has burned me more times than I can count in FFB, so it's no a mancrush.

he just was terrible in the red zone last year and on the road the last couple seasons. 

You can only play the teams on the schedule ahead of you, but he hasn't made many mistakes (RZ int today) and he's run the no-huddle effectively. 

Could be....might be.....the year.  :ph34r:

i know people have been down on him for a while, but he was 5th or 6th in yards last year... sure a lot of the mistakes last year were self inflicted, but if you buy into the stat-head idea that touchdowns and interceptions are pretty volatile year to year while yards per game a little more steady a predictor, there was reason for faith and even a breakout season if the cards fell the right way.

(at least this is what i told myself after i got a preseason FAAB on him...)

He's a lot better than the cousins I drafted. Matty wasn't even drafted. Yup I picked him up last week.

Oakland pass defense sucks

Don't look now, but throwing bombs, winning on the road, multiple TDs in the red zone, two RBs adept at catching out of the backfield - Julio when his ankles are right (ugh) - worked in the offseason on his deep balls (hehe heh). I watched a lot of today's Raiders game & Ryan looks poised and capable - no deer in the headlights. 

Could THIS finally be the year? 
Any QB that faces Oakland looks like an MVP

Matt Ryan is at his best running a no huddle where he has a clean pocket and can pick apart defenses. He's handcuffed under Kyle Shannahan running bootlegs and what not. If Kyle puts his ego to the side and lets Ryan do his thing, then he can have a very big year.

I agree with the earlier poster, he is Andy Dalton. In his good years he will be qb 5 - 8, and his bad years he will be a middle of the road qb 2

Bump. 

Matty Ice would appear to be back. 

Of course his 330/2 is on my bench against a brutal Carolina defense that he's shredding like tissue paper. 

Not until after next week's matchup @NO.
Seems like this was not accurate.

To be back you have to be good in the first place. No he isn't awful be he's really just Andy Dalton with a cool nickname.
Seems slightly better than Andy Dalton....

I "sold high" on him this week in the one league where I drafted him (apart from the draft-and-done leagues).

Yeah ... that appears to have been a hasty decision.

I "sold high" on him this week in the one league where I drafted him (apart from the draft-and-done leagues).

Yeah ... that appears to have been a hasty decision.
502 yards on my bench hurts. 

Fortunately Julio put up QB numbers for me so I might eek it out. If I'd had the guts to start Ryan I'd have won already. 

Next week vs Den is a tough matchup but M Ryan is just playing lights out right now.  Looks super confident and just slinging it again.

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Ouch. I've go Brees in one league, Big Ben in the other. 

Ryan on the bench behind Big Ben, Dalton on the bench behind Bree's - so far I've chosen poorly on both.  :wall:
Brees owners got jobbed. Three WRs tackled at the 1 yard line. 

Did you guys see what the Denver D did to Andrew Luck and Jameis Winston today? Ryan is gonna get killed.

Did you guys see what the Denver D did to Andrew Luck and Jameis Winston today? Ryan is gonna get killed.
Calling it now. Matt Ryan, the man who couldn't successfully lead a comeback against the Bucs, is going to hand the Broncos their first loss. I can't stop riding the train.

He's playing like a stud, you don't bench your studs. Especially when he's surrounded by other studs

He looks like a completely different QB than last year. Taking tons of shots downfield, and looks way more comfortable in the pocket.

Did the obvious thing of playing him instead of Stafford last week, then doing the reverse this week. Doh. Both weeks went against the pre-conceived notion of strength of opponent. 

Why has Tamme fallen so far in the Top 200 given the Ryan ResurrectionTM and all??

What's the consensus on this weeks game at Denver. Is he a must start? Debating on picking up another QB to play (Wentz).

I'm going to start him over Wentz this week. Wentz has had a ceiling of 300/2 thus far, I think Ryan can at least pull off something similar if not better. That offense has a lot of versatility in its weapons. Plus Talib may get suspended. I'm holding pat for the moment with Matty then reassessing on saturday

I have Wentz and Dalton but I'm sticking with Ryan. If he's got some magic going I'm not willing to F with it. 

Leaning toward Ryan over Kirk Cousins vs BAL.   Ryan just looking so comfortable back there right now. 

What makes me want to keep Ryan in is how well his line is playing, and how fast he's getting rid of the ball. Falcons also have a fantastic run game, so the Broncos have to respect all aspects of the offense. 

My only worry is if the Broncos go up big, forcing Ryan to throw late in the game. If he needs to wait for deeper routes to develop, he's going to get killed by the Broncos pass rush. 

I can see this as a game where Freeman has a good amount of receptions. 

Matty Ice is back. At Seattle had nightmare written all over it. Bad weather, tough pass Defense....200+ yds & 3 TDs in the 3rd quarter? Wow.

now he's played as many tough games (Denver, Carolina, Seattle) as softer games  that he started the season with.

i don't see it getting tougher for him than this part of the schedule was...he has all the look of a top 4 QB this year. With Big Ben going down today, he might be to 3. 

he let me down a lot of years. Whether he can keep it up or not, he's been impressive so far. 

he let me down a lot of years. Whether he can keep it up or not, he's been impressive so far. 
It's unreal. The FF schedule gods thought it would be fun to tease me by having me face the guy I traded Ryan to the week he plays at Seattle, just so they could kick me in the nuts when he carved them up.

Big Ben is going under the knife, Rodgers looks like trash, Luck's taking 10 sacks a game, Cam's team is suddenly dead in the water ... if you told me you wouldn't trade Ryan right now in redraft for anyone but Brady, I'd have a hard time finding fault with you.

Users who are viewing this thread