What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

0-2...Injuries mounting....Time to blow it up? (1 Viewer)

Matt's Eagles

Footballguy
12 team dynasty PPR, TE 1.5 yardage bonus

Start 1 QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX

QB Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Siemiens

RB AP (IR), Lacy/Starks, R Mathews, Sproles, Smallwood, Alf Morris, T West

WR Dez, Allen (IR), Fitz, Bolden Garcon, Mike Thomas (Saints), Kerley, VJax

TE Gates, JT, Vance McDonald, Hunter Henry

-----------------------

In reality looking to move Ryan, Philly RBs, any WR not names (Allen or Dez), Any TE not named Henry..

Thoughts?

Your in reality statement makes sense.  I wouldn't call this blowing your team up since it sounds like you are going to keep your nucleus in tact, which I agree with.  I think yes, with the slow start I would start shopping Ryan or Stafford, Ryan Matthews, Darren Sproles, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Pierre Garcon, VJax, Antonio Gates but be patient in trading them.  I believe none of these guys are going to net you a very high premium meaning I will be a bit surprised if any individual on that list nets you a first round pick.  However, I think you can start moving them and start earning a bunch of round 2 and round 3 type picks and keep your key players in your lineup.

I'm a big Fitzy fan this year but he is probably the best asset that you can trade that would bring back value.  Someone looking to take home the title this year may be willing to part with some potential future breakout stars for Fitz's weekly stat line.

I am never in favor of blowing it up after two weeks.  The season is long and many things happen each week.  Be diligent and try and upgrade where you can and keep getting better. 

12 team dynasty PPR, TE 1.5 yardage bonus

Start 1 QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX

QB Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Siemiens

RB AP (IR), Lacy/Starks, R Mathews, Sproles, Smallwood, Alf Morris, T West

WR Dez, Allen (IR), Fitz, Bolden Garcon, Mike Thomas (Saints), Kerley, VJax

TE Gates, JT, Vance McDonald, Hunter Henry

-----------------------

In reality looking to move Ryan, Philly RBs, any WR not names (Allen or Dez), Any TE not named Henry..

Thoughts?
Ok chose patience route..

got offered Eric Decker and Lesean McCoy

for my Mike Thomas (saints) and Hunter Henry

I'll add that while it's fine to keep in your mind the possibility of you blowing this up, you will get a lot more value for some of these guys closer to the trade deadline.  There are a lot of teams that might be starting out strong that aren't sure if their team is good or lucky and injuries aren't mounting.  They will be willing to trade a lot more for Ryan Matthews or Larry Fitzgerald when they are 6-2 and need to improve a slot.  Of course the offsetting risk is that Matthews or Fitzgerald gets hurt before you trade them.  

I'm really on the fence on that offer.  So let's say you get near the trade deadline and are 3-5 and decide to pull the plug.  How much can you recoup if you trade away McCoy and Decker?  Can you get a first round pick for McCoy?  Can you get a second round pick for Decker?  What do you have invested in Thomas and Henry?  I think you can at least come close to recovering what you invested if you pulled the trigger on this deal as long as McCoy and Decker stay healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread