What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 3 (1 Viewer)

Its looking like I dodged a bullet on Thursday.  Sneads ambiguous missed practice on Thursday was just enough to get me to pivot off him, and as a result Crosby too.  Snead DNP yesterday too, still waiting on todays reports.  Im no doctor, but I do play one in internet chat forums, and that sounds like some turf toe to me.

Edit:  And just as I say that Snead is present at practice, but not participating.

Last edited by a moderator:
don't necessarily see him as a bad play, I just think there's a wider range of outcomes for him and the salary relief (on FanDuel) from other QBs I'm looking at (Palmer, Rivers, Stafford) doesn't help me get up to anyone I particularly like.  I'm OK going Pitta at TE and Diggs at WR, and that gives me plenty of salary relief elsewhere.
I agree about Tanny, I am having a hard time locking him in.. I think Eli proved to a lot of people that there isnt really a "chalk" play at QB or even in general some weeks in NFL. I am having a hard time considering Stafford due to the projected wind in GB tomorrow and due to a bit of bias that I think GBs secondary plays a better game than they did last week by a mile. I am having a hard time not paying up for Luck or even Cam this week. I doubt I go with Cam, but there is a lot of value. Plus I love the running floor he has. WR is tricking me a bit but I have Amari locked in. I like Maclin, ARob, Crowder, Evans, Landry, Decker, Marvin Jones(still think he has a good game even if wind is bad), call me nuts but could see Tavon with a good week in PPR, Tampa Bay loves to stop the run. That being said Tampa is an amazing pivot off of Miami IMO. I like Carolina of course also. RB is easy but tough to me at the same time. I like Forte, Melvin, Demarco, David Johnson, Zeke, and Deangelo. Not sure which way I am taking. I prefer home backs and Zeke fits the criteria, Jerry said they wont cut his carries due to the 2 forced fumbles so 20+ seems doable vs a Bears D who is beat up on a short week. I dont think you need to pay down for RB this week unless you really want to spend up at all WR positions. Brown is so damn pricey so Im not sure I will play him in cash. I feel like it is a pay up at RB kind of week.

KarmaPolice said:
Interesting. Diggs a lot lower than I would have thought. 

How well do these ownerships correlate to other sites like FD and DK?
I used their ownership to make 2 teams, 1 with the chalk for cash and one of less than 10%ers for gpp. I'll see how it goes and report back.

I used their ownership to make 2 teams, 1 with the chalk for cash and one of less than 10%ers for gpp. I'll see how it goes and report back.
:thumbup:

Sounds good.  I have my cash lineups done in, but was thinking the same thing - looking at the low % guys on there for the gpps. 

Its looking like I dodged a bullet on Thursday.  Sneads ambiguous missed practice on Thursday was just enough to get me to pivot off him, and as a result Crosby too.  Snead DNP yesterday too, still waiting on todays reports.  Im no doctor, but I do play one in internet chat forums, and that sounds like some turf toe to me.

Edit:  And just as I say that Snead is present at practice, but not participating.
I think this will be a lesson learned on doing the Thurs-Mon games on FD.  I completely forgot that you can't edit once they are in.  Not that I have huge money going, but have a lineup with Snead in a few double ups. 

If Rawls sits CMike seems to be in a primo spot, but we're talking about a guy who has never scored an nfl td, who doesn't catch passes, who has 1 career 100 yard game, who is priced above McCoy, Sims, Ware, and Gore. Having a hard time clicking his name.

I was running a Mariota/Melvin Gordon lineup, but with the Delanie Walker downgrade and C. Mike upgrade I will probably shift that to a Rivers/C. Mike. It'll get me off 100% exposure to Gordon and I think Michael can put up a decent game.  I'm less worried about the 1 career 100 yard game part than I am the 0 career TDs part. In the 4 games he's had 15 or more carries, he's averaging 17.25 carries for 80.5 yards. He's been targeted 4 times in each of the Hawks' first two games this year for 2 and 3 receptions.  Seattle is at home, favored by 10 points, and projected for 25.5 points.

I think this will be a lesson learned on doing the Thurs-Mon games on FD.  I completely forgot that you can't edit once they are in.  Not that I have huge money going, but have a lineup with Snead in a few double ups. 
Theres alot of ways to count to 120 each week but almost none of them include a zero from an injured player.

don't necessarily see him as a bad play, I just think there's a wider range of outcomes for him and the salary relief (on FanDuel) from other QBs I'm looking at (Palmer, Rivers, Stafford) doesn't help me get up to anyone I particularly like.  I'm OK going Pitta at TE and Diggs at WR, and that gives me plenty of salary relief elsewhere.
found a combo I like so I'm pivoting to 100% Tannehill in cash  :mellow:

:thumbup:

Sounds good.  I have my cash lineups done in, but was thinking the same thing - looking at the low % guys on there for the gpps. 
Cash chalk play was (sry don't have my % notes handy)

rivers

gordon

riddick

Tbenjamin

tajae sharpe

brown

allen

haushka (simply had the $, no kicker on fantasyaces I guess)

miami

Gpp less than 10% team

stafford

anderson

ware

marvin

obj

Parker

ebron

Vinitiari

Cards

Anyone who is off Diggs is going to regret it in 24 hours.
I think in DraftKings he can be a chalk play because of 1 pt PPR, but now I see that Vegas has Vikings at 17.5 total points. Under 18 is a chalk defense play, so now I'm a bit wary of Diggs in FanDuel. I'm probably overthinking as usual but considering that MIN's offensive line will be going against CAR's top defensive line, it is something to keep in mind

Time to look into Stafford, Marvin, even Theo with this news... :shock:

Green Bay announced today that linebackerClay Matthews and safety Morgan Burnetthave both been ruled out, after previously being listed as doubtful.

The Packers also downgraded two players who were previously listed as questionable — defensive tackle Letroy Guion and linebacker Datone Jones — to doubtful. Players listed as doubtful hardly ever play.

Packers cornerback Sam Shields was already ruled out with a concussion, so Green Bay’s defense is seriously depleted

So I havent heard anyone else say his name and Im not sure why.  Brate is the obvious beneficiary with ASJ out of the way, but Adam Humphreys is the guy that is going to benefit most this week I think.  He is only 5'11, so hes not a TE.  He has been averaging 6.5 targets a game so far this season, but has been extremely efficient with them.  With Doug Martin out and VJax being awful I can easily see 10 targets in a Julian Edelman like performance.

Edit:  I forgot the most important part, hes only $4700

Green Bay announced today that linebackerClay Matthews and safety Morgan Burnetthave both been ruled out, after previously being listed as doubtful.

The Packers also downgraded two players who were previously listed as questionable — defensive tackle Letroy Guion and linebacker Datone Jones — to doubtful. Players listed as doubtful hardly ever play.

Packers cornerback Sam Shields was already ruled out with a concussion, so Green Bay’s defense is seriously depleted
This whole game scares me. ~10 mph winds throughout and 80% chance of rain.

I think in DraftKings he can be a chalk play because of 1 pt PPR, but now I see that Vegas has Vikings at 17.5 total points. Under 18 is a chalk defense play, so now I'm a bit wary of Diggs in FanDuel. I'm probably overthinking as usual but considering that MIN's offensive line will be going against CAR's top defensive line, it is something to keep in mind
Plus it's not like Bradford has a history of being an Iron Man either.  I am leery of Diggs myself, but what do I know.

This whole game scares me. ~10 mph winds throughout and 80% chance of rain.
Sounds like a dewayne Washington gpp play (4500) if you're not on him already.  Maybe the wind will slow stafford a passes down enough to catch them. Lions defense is banged up too, this game could be fun to watch. 

curious, why are people high on amari cooper?  Ten has only given up 1 td this year through the air and allowing 237 through the air.  Am I missing something.  Also with diggs, he did not practice friday, they are playing carolina in carolina.  Is it just a matter of them being down that is drawing people to him>

curious, why are people high on amari cooper?  Ten has only given up 1 td this year through the air and allowing 237 through the air.  Am I missing something.  Also with diggs, he did not practice friday, they are playing carolina in carolina.  Is it just a matter of them being down that is drawing people to him>
High on Cooper for cash or for gpp?

I think he's one of the best WRs in the league, tons of targets, Vegas moved the o/u up a bit as the week went on and it's basically a pick 'em game.  I think that game and the Balt/Jax game could both turn into shootouts.  I have him in a couple lineups, but didn't go overboard. 

Im stuck on 3 LU's right now for cash.  Not sure how I am feeling about them.

Number 1.   $100 left in salary

Tannehill

Elliot,Gordon

cooper, sharpe, A.brown

pitta

Bailey

Miami

Number 2.  $400 left in salary

Luck

ware, d will

Benjamin, landry, fitz

Pitta

Vinatieri

miami

Number 3.   $400 left in salary

Tannehill

D. johnson, d will

T. williams, Landry, Fitz

pitta

Bailey

Miami

Heavy Exposure:

Flacco, Eli

Gordon, DeAngelo, Lacy, Gore, DJ

OBJ, Landry, ARob, Diggs, Jordy

Ebron, Pitta

Bailey, Tucker

MIA, NYG, Bucs

GPP pivots:

Zeke, Dorsett, Floyd, Steve Smith, Evans, Baldwin, Walford

Let's roll...

Seems like a great spot for DET but their total is stuck at 20.5. Can DET really be that bad?

Is anyone fading the Carolina/Minnesota game in fear of the protests? Got decent exposure to Diggs and can easily switch to Shepard who has a good matchup.

Is anyone fading the Carolina/Minnesota game in fear of the protests? Got decent exposure to Diggs and can easily switch to Shepard who has a good matchup.
I would be more concerned that both Defense's are pretty dam good then fade because of "protest" .. Can't imagine thinking.. "well there are protests so fading".. unless you think the protests are going to get on the field :oldunsure:

I would be more concerned that both Defense's are pretty dam good then fade because of "protest" .. Can't imagine thinking.. "well there are protests so fading".. unless you think the protests are going to get on the field :oldunsure:
My thinking was that the protests would get disruptive, and cause stoppage to the game. Not that actually protesting in the city would mentally effect anything. Guess I'm overthinking this haha

my chalky cash

QB: Luck, Rivers, Brees

RB: D. Will, Johnson, M. Gordon, C. Michael

WR: Cooper, Fitz, Hilton, Landry, M. Jones, Matthews, Diggs

TE: Pitta

D: Miami

K: Bailey, Vinatieri, Lambo

First week of cheap spending, no 9k WR for cash.

snogger said:

:angry: I go and post this and then don't bother to put together at least one lineup in with Stafford and Jones.. :wall:

I was all Luck in cash.. I have a feeling i am taking it hard in the south mouth. 
Yeah, I was feeling OK about this week heading into the afternoon games, and then the SD/IND and Pit/Philly games happened.  I had a lot of Luck, Rivers, and DWIll going on.  Hopefully, a lot of other people did as well. 

Yeah, I was feeling OK about this week heading into the afternoon games, and then the SD/IND and Pit/Philly games happened.  I had a lot of Luck, Rivers, and DWIll going on.  Hopefully, a lot of other people did as well. 
For my Sunday main slate games I had 100% Rivers/Luck.

I finally had a little success in a gpp (well, so far).  Did the Dolphins triple stack and had the KC defense in that one. 

Had a couple other good ideas for gpps with WInston/Evans and Gurley, but it was my chalk guys that brought those down, along with more than 1/2 of the cash games.  I had 1/3 of Tannehill in my cash lineups, but the rest was Luck and Rivers.  Then had a lot of DWill, K.Benjamin, and other duds. 

Hopefully I can squeak out a barely negative week instead of a major loss. 

Already looking at the games and matchups for next week...

Heavy Exposure:

Flacco, Eli - 1 for 2

Gordon, DeAngelo, Lacy, Gore, DJ - 4 for 5

OBJ, Landry, ARob, Diggs, Jordy - 4 for 5

Ebron, Pitta - 0 for 2...not a great week for TEs except for those with the vision to take Jimmy G

Bailey, Tucker - 1 for 1 bailey pending

MIA, NYG, Bucs - 1 for 3 Bucs 10pts

GPP pivots:

Zeke, Dorsett, Floyd, Steve Smith, Evans, Baldwin, Walford - mostly poor; zeke pending, evans garbage time, baldwin good call

Let's roll...
Other thoughts....

Carson and Fitz - welcome to facebook

depending on tonight looks like I'll finish somewhere between push and +100% (on my huge $17 bankroll).

Didn't have time to do much of anything this week. Busy w/ a fundraiser we run every fall, then went to see my Vols stomp a mud hole in UF. Had to do something for my survivors tho. Lineup #1 was very good -- 148+. Lineup #2 was very not that good -- 102+. The $2 survivor cutline is so low that both my lineups advanced. I lost 40% of my entries in the $12 survivor though. Threw the #1 in some double ups and won those. Shoulda done some triples and quints as well I guess. Can't complain -- return of 100% in my true cash action, will win my entry fees back on 50% of my entries in the $2 survivor and advanced all my entries there, and have 60% of my entries in the money for the $12 survivor. 

First actual good week for me this year.

Users who are viewing this thread