What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SP Streaming Diary (1 Viewer)

Kraft...

Footballguy
I've never been much of a streamer but find myself in an innings hole due to a heavy reliever strategy most of the season. Started streaming on 9/12 and will be cherry picking the rest of the way. Mixed results so far, leaning towards turrible. My main focus is K's then ratios. Wins mean very little to me, I likely can't get out of the hole I'm in there. 

This is for the 4 sport Uber league, some of you may be familiar. Standard pitching cats. 

9-12 Mike Foltynewicz 3.2 0 6 12.27 3.00
9-13 Matt Wisler 4.1 0 0 12.46 2.77
9-14 NA
9-15 Mike Montgomery 6.0 0 7 1.50 0.83
9-16 Collin McHugh 7.0 1 6 0.00 0.57
9-17 José Ureña 2.0 0 3 31.50 4.50
9-18 Dan Straily 6.0 1 5 4.50 1.50
9-19 Brad Peacock 5.1 0 2 3.38 0.94
9-20 Robert Gsellman 5.1 0 6 3.38 1.31
9-21 Collin McHugh 5.2 1 5 3.18 1.41
9-22 Chase Anderson 5.2 1 6 1.59 0.88
9-23 Zach Davies 5.0 0 3 5.40 1.40
9-24 Daniel Norris 5.2 0 6 3.18 1.41
9-25 NA
9-26 Collin McHugh 7.0 0 6 2.57 1.29
9-27 NA
9-28 Gio Gonzalez 3.2 0 4 7.36 3.00
9-29 NA(rain out)
9-30 Daniel Norris 6.2 1 8 1.35 1.05
10-01 Jharel Cotton 4.1 0 7 6.23 1.62
10-02 NA

Today going with Brad Peacock, A's suck and he looked pretty solid last time out.

Also considered: Jharel Cotton, Clayton Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
I beat the rush and desperation of September streaming by getting on pace in July-August. 

I'll always remember Dan Straily fondly. Really Clayton Richard? 

Yordano today, not too bad at all. 

Going Musgrove tomorrow at A's. 

Meh night from Peacock, didn't get the K's I was looking for but at least ratios weren't a killer. Cotton looks like he would have been the best of who I considered, Richard also not turrible. 

Pressing on . . . . .

Robert Gsellman vs the Bravos today
Also considered: Jake Thompson, Matt Boyd

I beat the rush and desperation of September streaming by getting on pace in July-August. 

I'll always remember Dan Straily fondly. Really Clayton Richard? 
I didn't start until August sometime, but I tried doing the same.  Nova, Finnegan, Phelps, and Lugo are good people.  Graveman can go #### himself though.  Hopefully McHugh will be kind tomorrow...

Not a bad start from Gsellman, 6 K's solid, ERA decent, the WHIP(1.31) a bit higher than I would like though. Once again one of my other considerations Boyd had a really solid game :kicksrock:

Today going back to the Collin McHugh well vs the A's.

Also considered: Bartolo

Looking ahead to tomorrow....  What do you guys think about Brett Anderson at home vs. COL?  He had one rehab start in AAA where he gave up 1 run in 5 IP with 5 K's and 0 BB's.. 

Vegas already has the game lined at -175, o/u 8.

Looking ahead to tomorrow....  What do you guys think about Brett Anderson at home vs. COL?  He had one rehab start in AAA where he gave up 1 run in 5 IP with 5 K's and 0 BB's.. 

Vegas already has the game lined at -175, o/u 8.
I don't know if the data supports this, but I've usually done well with streaming arms against the Rockies the day after they had a homestand.  I don't trust Anderson in this spot, and would only consider it if I were desperate, but it isn't crazy.

I don't know if the data supports this, but I've usually done well with streaming arms against the Rockies the day after they had a homestand.  I don't trust Anderson in this spot, and would only consider it if I were desperate, but it isn't crazy.
I'm not desperate (yet) so maybe I'll hold-off.  My main concern is that he only threw a little over 50 pitches in his last start.  He might not get through 5 innings and be eligible for the W if he is on a similar pitch count.

I'm not desperate (yet) so maybe I'll hold-off.  My main concern is that he only threw a little over 50 pitches in his last start.  He might not get through 5 innings and be eligible for the W if he is on a similar pitch count.
This would be my concern as well.  Plus Anderson has very little K upside.

I didn't stream him but I just stopped in to say #### YOU CHRIS SALE!!!!! :wall:

Second shortest outing of the year in my h2h championship against the ### #### Phillies of all teams.  :X

Solid start for McHugh, 5th inning killed the WHIP though(then they pulled him with 1 out to go <_< ). Bartolo had a nice start, continuing my streak of picking the wrong guy. 

Today going with Chase Anderson vs Bucs

Also considered: Mike Clevinger, Jose Urena(yes still considered even after that last #### show)

Solid start for McHugh, 5th inning killed the WHIP though(then they pulled him with 1 out to go <_< ). Bartolo had a nice start, continuing my streak of picking the wrong guy. 

Today going with Chase Anderson vs Bucs

Also considered: Mike Clevinger, Jose Urena(yes still considered even after that last #### show)
Clevinger is on a pitch count, so he may not make it 5.  I'm very unconfidently rolling with Fiers.

Chase Anderson  :towelwave:  good game across the board, finally picked the right guy. 

Today going with Zach Davies vs Cinci

Also considered: Francisco Liriano, Gio Gonzalez, Albert Suarez

Davies  :thumbdown:Liriano had himself a fine game :kicksrock:

Today going with Daniel Norris vs KC

Also considered: Dan Straily, Brad Peacock

Part of the streaming strategy is not getting carried away.  I sat both Ventura and Hammel today even though I've streamed pitchers with much worse matchups. 

Norris 50/50 good ERA and K's meh WHIP and didn't secure the win. Worst of the 3 guys I considered Straily and Peacock both better numbers. 

not streaming anyone today, have 3 of my regular starters going  :popcorn:

Another solid outing from McHugh, fortunately avoided the Bartolo dumpster fire.

Nothing I like today, no streaming

probably not a streamer in most leagues but i'm going balls deep and starting Gausman tonight at the Jays in my H2H finals

Going with Gio today, hopefully he finishes strong

Also Considered: Mike Foltynewicz and Francisco Liriano

Just FYI, the DC area is supposed to get about 6 inches of rain today thru Friday so Gio's start could be cut short. Local weather blog I read this morning said tonight might not be a rain out but delays are highly likely.

Just FYI, the DC area is supposed to get about 6 inches of rain today thru Friday so Gio's start could be cut short. Local weather blog I read this morning said tonight might not be a rain out but delays are highly likely.
thanks for the heads up, will keep an eye on the situation  :thumbup:

Also Considered: Mike Foltynewicz and Francisco Liriano
:thumbdown:

and Foltynewicz and Liriano both pitched well too <_<  

Streaming has killed my WHIP but the swing in K's has made up for it

so, H2H finals coming down to the wire.  basically every category up for grabs still.  had Paxton go yesterday, he's not scheduled to start again.  considering dropping him for "Brad Peacock".  anyone else I should be looking at?

Rolling Straily Norris out there today 

Considered Straily

Leanings changed with Kipnis and Santana out of the lineup :unsure:

Nice night for Norris, one of my best streamers to date  :thumbup:

Going with Jharel Cotton vs the M's

Considered: Bartolo once again(always a bridesmaid)

I have one start left on the year (max 185)

I can start McHugh @ LAA tonight

or tomorrow's options

Tomlin v KC

Matt Moore v LAD

S Manaea @ SEA

Its a point league, so not looking at any particular stat. Do get points for a QS, so that could be my main focus  

I have one start left on the year (max 185)

I can start McHugh @ LAA tonight

or tomorrow's options

Tomlin v KC

Matt Moore v LAD

S Manaea @ SEA

Its a point league, so not looking at any particular stat. Do get points for a QS, so that could be my main focus  
I'd go with Manaea, he's been pitching great.

Users who are viewing this thread