Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jwsbowler

Late 2017 1st for Nelson???

Question

Last year, this team took me to the title, losing just one game.  However, D Williams was the big piece that got me the title and as you can see, a mish-mosh of talent, got lucky and played the right players at the right time.

Off season, just before the season started, I traded Palmer for Snead to add some depth to the WR group.  With just a few offseason waiver moves, my roster is pretty much similar to last year

Dalton, Flacco, Rivers
Forte, Williams, Foster, Ware, Starks, Blue, D Washington (R)
Brown, Hurns, Funchess, Aiken, Kearse, Matthews, Snead, Allen (IR again)
Clay, Gates, Gillmore, Tye
Boswell, Tucker 
Arizona
Taxi Squad - Kelley, Cole

So, Blue will be dropped soon, and need to move a kicker off the bye week 8 issue.  Britt is a waiver availablilty, along with Tamme, Donnell (maybe should not have dropped during the summer).  I went with some younger rookies at RB during the draft as the main WRs were snagged and at the time I felt good with my WR group.

So, got an offer:  I get Nelson, Powell for my 2017 1st and 4th.  I like the draft in 2017 and with Nelson coming off his injury last year and already 31... I am a bit concern.  

Sorry for being a bit long here, but I need opinions.

7 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, jwsbowler said:

DeAngelo

Well there's my Monday morning brainfart, lol.  I still say don't do it though. 

RB Williams...is that Karlos Williams?  IMO you need RB help more than WR.  I wouldn't do this deal

I wouldn´t do it! I like the next draft and generally think that drafting makes dynasty fun - so why trade away all the fun?

1 hour ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Not for me. Despite recent success, this team doesn't look like a championship contender to me. No RB depth at all and tough to find starters when Bell and Charles return. Nelson doesn't help the issue at all. I dont even see how the 2017 pick is going to be late. 

That's why I am asking...  Appreciate the feedback everyone!!!   We only have to start 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and 2 flex.  (forgot to mention that).  I did lead the league in scoring but only hit 82% efficency.  That's why I said that I was REALLY LUCKY last year.

13 minutes ago, wlwiles said:

RB Williams...is that Karlos Williams?  IMO you need RB help more than WR.  I wouldn't do this deal

DeAngelo

Not for me. Despite recent success, this team doesn't look like a championship contender to me. No RB depth at all and tough to find starters when Bell and Charles return. Nelson doesn't help the issue at all. I dont even see how the 2017 pick is going to be late. 

the same owner just traded Coleman - Freeman for 2017 1st, White, Bridgewater.  I wish he had offered those two to me...