What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Not thrilled about RB situation, do I make any moves? (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
Team will move to 0-2 after this weekend. Would rather not trade away any RBs because they probably don't have a ton of value but they're all healthy and there's something to be said for that. It's a 10-team league; .5 PPR. We start 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, Flex (WR, TE, RB), DEF, K

My team: 

QB: Tannehill, Mariota, Garropolo, Luck

RB: Elliott, Latavius Murray, Rashad Jennings, Derrick Henry

WR: Marshall, Hilton, Landry, Fuller

TE: Fleener, Eifert

K: Bailey

DEF: Jets

There are good, if not great, solid options on the waiver wire in Sims (if Martin misses time), Jerick McKinnon, Kenyan Drake, Jay Ajayi, Fozzy Whitaker, and Shane Vereen.  That and my other priority is TE with Fleener underperforming. Hoping to get Pitta off waivers. Any RBs you would buy-low/trade for?

s on the waiver wire in Sims (if Martin misses time), Jerick McKinnon, Kenyan Drake, Jay Ajayi, Fozzy Whitaker, and Shane Vereen.  That and my other priority is TE with

If the La'Veon Bell manager in your league has lost some games and hopefully does not have DWill, I would package Murray and Hilton for him. If that does not work, I would quickly grab McKinnon and drop Tannehill and try to move McKinnon for an upgrade of some kind to the Peterson manager.  Thanks for your help with mine! 

After this week's rash of injuries, owners are RB depleted all over the league.  And you don't want to trade away any of yours.  But you want to trade for a RB...good luck with that. 

This is the week where you could take a shot at a trade of something like Jennings for Martin straight up...if the Martin owner needs a back ASAP and you had the depth to spare it.   You've sort of got the depth, but the fact that you're 0-2 doesn't give you the margin to lose a match or two and ride out a weak week of RB scores while you wait for Martin to get healthy...

Or if there's an owner who just lost two back this week, go after them with something like Jennings + Landry for their WR1. 

Thanks Jerry. We start 2 QBs each week so it's important to keep 3 QBs on the roster so I have to keep Tannehill. The Le'Veon Bell manager is 1-1 after this weekend. He also has Tom Brady on his bench. I drafted Sims but dropped him stupidly for Fuller and his upside. We do FAAB for free agent bids so it's entirely possible for me to pick up Sims or McKinnon.

The Bell owner has Gurley and Hyde as his starting RBs presently and Bell and Christine Michael on the bench. Their WRs are Golden Tate, Eric Decker, Doug Baldwin, and Kevin White. The Allen Robinson owner has Arian Foster, Spencer Ware, Jamaal Charles, and Thomas Rawls as RBs. The Doug Martin owner has LeGarrette Blount, Martin, Jeremy Hill, Theo Riddick, and Ameer Abdullah as RBs. And the AP owner has AP, CJ Anderson, and Duke Johnson, Jr. as RBs if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think your RB situation is that bad.  Elliott and L Murray is a decent starting combo....and Jennings/Henry is decent depth.  I wouldn't cut a QB since you have to start 2.  Just be patient IMO

Thanks. Yeah, I'm tempted to just go heavy in the free agent pool and try and pick up Mckinnon or Sims. What worries me with Murray is that it's strictly evolved into a timeshare, even if he's the lead guy in the committee. Might be a time to "sell high" on him.

Was thinking of offering a RB to Ware/Charles/Rawls/Foster owner. Would send T.Y. Hilton and Murray for Allen Robinson and Thomas Rawls? I also keep trying to trade Murray for Eddie Lacy? Is that a worthwhile pursuit? (Hard to reject this pursuit since I"m a Packers fan).

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think your RB are horrible but in a 10 team league the key is going to be to try to upgrade a starter in any trade.  I might look at trading something like Henry + somebody for a better somebody to the Murray owner.  You might be able to use this angle to upgrade a starting QB, a starting RB, your starting TE.  I might use Eifert in that as well but that's because I'm not sold on him and I think the injury will make this a lost season to some extent.  This then creates a slot to try to grab someone emerging due to injury.

Yeah, the guy with Murray has Freeman/Coleman and Mark Ingram and James White at RB. He has Newton, Dalton, and Went at QB and Julius Thomas at TE. Not sure he wants to clog his roster with 4 guys in timeshares right now. 

Maybe. How do we know McKinnon is even the guy with Asiata there too? There will be some type of split and they use Asiata at the goalline. See your point about the trade though.

What about trading FOR DeMarco Murray considering I have Henry on my bench?
This is what I would do.  Murray looks good so far, but Henry is immensely talented and I think at some point there could be a passing of the torch.  Either of them would be a terrific handcuff in the event of injury though. 

Who would you trade for him? Here is his roster:

QB: Newton, Dalton, Wentz

RB: Murray, Ingram, Freeman, White, Coleman

WR: Fitzgerald, Cooper, Jeffery, Funchess, Marvin Jones

TE: Julius Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread