What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Players who have burned you the most (1 Viewer)

Timmay

Footballguy
After watching Cutler put up another dud, it got me thinking, which players have I owned or relied on (someone you never learned your lesson on), but they burned you the most by putting up duds in big time games or being busts for the season. (daily, redraft, dynasty, gambling, etc)

For Me:

Jay Cutler: This guy always falls flat for me whenever I need him to come through. Be it in daily, redraft, start 2 QB leagues, gambling on the Bears, pick'ems, survivor pools. I dont think I can count how many "juicy" matchups this guy has had for me, but still rarely seems to meet expectations. 

Mark Ingram: Drafted him the 1st and 2nd years in the league, was a big believer, fell flat. Drafted him again this year. Still early, but frustrating so far. Of course I didnt own him the past couple of years when he had stellar years.

Lee Evans: Had some outstanding years for the Bills, but was boom or bust. It seemed like more times than not, I would start him and he would put up a 2 for 10 yards performance. Sit him and he would go 5 for 230 and 3 TD's. I owned him probably 5 years total. 

Darren McFadden: A believer of the hype every year when he was with the Raiders that "this year is going to be the year, he is going to have first round potential". A lot of this was due to injury frustrations, but even when he was active, he never failed to disappointment more times than not. 

Reed hasn't scored yet is a bummer but he is getting a lot of targets.  Another bummer with him is that there are so many weapons and Cousins is spreading the ball like Palmer.  If Reed isn't getting at least 10 looks a game going forward (which he has) he's not going to live up to a 3rd/4th round pick.

DeSean Jackson, Mike Wallace, Torrey Smith, Kenny Stills ...

I have an unbelievable talent for starting deep threat WRs through week after week after week of 2/21/0 stat lines, then finally benching them the exact week they go off for 9/166/2.

I finally just gave up on drafting them altogether. Doesn't make my teams any better in aggregate, but sure helps my blood pressure.

Spiller. 

Had him in Buffalo in his one big year, held on to him until he flamed out there and then to the Saints. Never came close to that one year when he filled in for the injured Fred Jackson.

Matthew Stafford all day long.
This all day.

2014, I had Stafford, was in the final, he put up a stinker against the Bears, which was a great matchup.  Lose by a few points.

2015, I traded for Calvin Johnson at the trading deadline, and Stafford decides to throw it to Golden Tate all day.  Lost in playoffs due to Calvin being a glorified decoy.

2016, I drafted Golden Tate,  Stafford prefers to go down the field to Marvin Jones.

He directly and indirectly screws me.

As consistent as he's been in his career no one has burnt me more than Adrian Peterson. I've only drafted him twice, usually never wanted to pay his going rate as for that cost I usually like my RB's to catch passes if I'm spending a first round pick on them. I made an exception with him two years ago and took him 6th in my biggest high stakes league. That was year he gave me one bad game and got sent away for the year.  This year marked the second time I took him, in another high stakes league, at pick 2.10 and for that I got two bad games instead of one.

Ingram

Freeman

Duke

Henry

Not going according to plan. So far.

Historically? I remember Eddie Kennison & Torry Holt breaking my heart years ago but I've forgotten the details.

year after year it's been Mark Ingram.  I keep believing in that guy.  If only he signed somewhere else.

year after year it's been Mark Ingram.  I keep believing in that guy.  If only he signed somewhere else.
Agreed. I think part of it is Brees and the Saints system...maybe, at least that is what I will tell myself to get burned on him again when he changes teams. 

Count me in for Spiller & Ingram.  I blame Sean Payton.  He is like Belichick screwing over fantasy rb owners.

Oh, and any Dallas Cowboy.

DeSean Jackson, Mike Wallace, Torrey Smith, Kenny Stills ...

I have an unbelievable talent for starting deep threat WRs through week after week after week of 2/21/0 stat lines, then finally benching them the exact week they go off for 9/166/2.

I finally just gave up on drafting them altogether. Doesn't make my teams any better in aggregate, but sure helps my blood pressure.
Mine was Lee Evans. 

This all day.

2014, I had Stafford, was in the final, he put up a stinker against the Bears, which was a great matchup.  Lose by a few points.

2015, I traded for Calvin Johnson at the trading deadline, and Stafford decides to throw it to Golden Tate all day.  Lost in playoffs due to Calvin being a glorified decoy.

2016, I drafted Golden Tate,  Stafford prefers to go down the field to Marvin Jones.

He directly and indirectly screws me.
Not to mention 2013, 1st round of playoffs this happened.  I had Stafford/Calvin stack on a few really good teams.  It still hurts.

The thing that disappointing with ingram is that he actually performs when given the rock as opposed to someone like lacy who only has a few big games a year (at best) and is given all the chances in the world. 

Mike Anderson. Ended the 2000 season as RB4 and I started him most of his worst games, and benched him on most of his 180+ yards and 2-4 TD games.

And thus was the legend of Mike Shanahanigans/Skeletor born as the guy you couldn't trust with RBs.

Users who are viewing this thread