What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I LOVE Elizabeth Warren: All aboard - WOO WOO!!! (2 Viewers)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/us/politics/elizabeth-warren-dna-test-2020.html

Advisers close to Ms. Warren say she has privately expressed concern that she may have damaged her relationships to Native American groups and her own standing with progressive activists, particularly those who are racial minorities. Several outside advisers are even more worried: They say they believe a plan should be made to repair that damage, possibly including a strong statement of apology.

:drive:
Like a moth to the flame.

“Let’s face it: There’s no real question that the Trump era has given us the most nakedly corrupt leadership this nation has seen in our lifetimes,” Warren said to an audience at the National Press Club. “But they are not the cause of the rot — they’re just the biggest, stinkiest example of it. Corruption is a form of public cancer, and Washington’s got it bad.”
"Corruption is a form of public cancer, and I'm . . . [whispers to nearby aide] What cures cancer?"

Mike Damone said:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/us/politics/elizabeth-warren-dna-test-2020.html

Advisers close to Ms. Warren say she has privately expressed concern that she may have damaged her relationships to Native American groups and her own standing with progressive activists, particularly those who are racial minorities. Several outside advisers are even more worried: They say they believe a plan should be made to repair that damage, possibly including a strong statement of apology.

:drive:
Still best candidate Dems have for 2020.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.bostonherald.com/2018/12/08/smoke-signals-say-liz-prez-dreams-are-over/?utm_medium=social&utm_content=tw-bostonherald&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter.com

Howie Carr: Smoke signals say Elizabeth Warren’s presidential dreams are over

Howie CarrDecember 09, 2018, 9:23 am

When the fake Indian loses both The New York Times and The Boston Globe on the same day, you know she’s lost America.  
Thats a dumb piece. I am definitely not a warren apologist as can easily be seen by my posts in here, but that piece is just ridiculous. It is written like somebody trying to decide if they want to be funny, witty, or critical. He succeeds in being none of them. He comes across as just being mean and trying to make as many indian references as possible.

But the dumbest thing is him actually calling for more paperwork that would surely never convince him anyway. 

Thats a dumb piece. I am definitely not a warren apologist as can easily be seen by my posts in here, but that piece is just ridiculous. It is written like somebody trying to decide if they want to be funny, witty, or critical. He succeeds in being none of them. He comes across as just being mean and trying to make as many indian references as possible.

But the dumbest thing is him actually calling for more paperwork that would surely never convince him anyway. 
Those 2 have a history of back and forth personal attacks 

I don't know much about Warren outside of Trumpian attacks, which frankly, feel really stupid.  Warren and her heritage question is far less important than, say, Trump and his bone spurs, for example.

I did see her on Maddow last night.  She came off as authentic, intellectual, passionate, high intregity.  Kind of reminded me of Jimmy Carter (or at least who I think Carter was - I was too young to remember his administration).

O want her voice to be heard and I'd love for her to have the bully pulpit, but I'm not convinced she's got the  chutzpah to win a general presidential election.

I don't know much about Warren outside of Trumpian attacks, which frankly, feel really stupid.  Warren and her heritage question is far less important than, say, Trump and his bone spurs, for example.

I did see her on Maddow last night.  She came off as authentic, intellectual, passionate, high intregity.  Kind of reminded me of Jimmy Carter (or at least who I think Carter was - I was too young to remember his administration).

O want her voice to be heard and I'd love for her to have the bully pulpit, but I'm not convinced she's got the  chutzpah to win a general presidential election.
That’s actually a great analogy for her. Carter. Only she’s more “teach at Harvard law” than “own a peanut farm.”

It's hysterical that there's anyone who still GAF about the DNA test.  I mean, would that make the top 1000 issues if it was on Trump's list?

I love the exciting moment at a gender reveal party when you find out if the baby will be a boy or if it’ll be unlikable
I get why some people on the left feel this way - but I think it’s not broadly true.  Hillary WAS unlikabke, I don’t think Warren falls in to that category but she’s done herself no favors with how she bothed this issue.  Also, I don’t see much being said about he likability of Gabbard or Harris or Klobacher (sp?).  Maybe the knives will come out but it seems to me that any candidate on either side will have something that the other side will try to stick to them.

JMHO, its not only what you say, but how you say it. One of the annoyances that is building with me is her animated head jerks when she speaks, even in casual sit down discussions. It just comes off overly emotional/angry rather than calm/cool/collected. I just trust a more stoic/pensive type demeanor. Her mannerisms sort of remind me of Chicken Lady from Boys in the Hall. 

I get why some people on the left feel this way - but I think it’s not broadly true.  Hillary WAS unlikabke, I don’t think Warren falls in to that category but she’s done herself no favors with how she bothed this issue.  Also, I don’t see much being said about he likability of Gabbard or Harris or Klobacher (sp?).  Maybe the knives will come out but it seems to me that any candidate on either side will have something that the other side will try to stick to them.
I can't imagine that those that constantly complain about the condescension of the left not going crazy over Warren's speaking style.  Heck I'm one of the arrogant lefties and it gets to me at times.

I'd be very happy to see Elizabeth Warren running the American government at this point. Elizabeth Warren is the only Democratic candidate who could str8up lose to Donald Trump.

She is a disingenuous liar.  Good to know where you stand.
What did she lie about?  Is that all it takes to disqualify someone from running for office?   I am not sure I am comfortable with that being a requirement for office.  Maybe its a "Nice to have" but not a "Must have".  But, I would probably want to poke my eyes out if we were left with candidates who never lied.

Are you concerned that the voters can't make this decision on their own?

She does need to drop out, but not because of the State Bar thing. She needs to drop out because she's too liberal and because she's done such a poor job handling this "scandal".
She’s done a poor job handling this issue because she’s lied and misrepresented herself.  The state bar example reveals the extent to which she has tried to forge an exaggerated an identity,  At this point, I don’t care the reason(s) she did it.  I’ll decide on policy views once we flush the disingenuous liars.

:shrug:

Seems harsh.  This is an election - let the people decide whether this is disqualifying.
She is a disingenuous liar.  Good to know where you stand.
Is she a liar? Her position is that she never used her perceived status to further her career. If the registration card was only available through a FOIA request, then I'm not sure how you could argue that she was attempting to use that card to further her career.

What did she lie about?  Is that all it takes to disqualify someone from running for office?   I am not sure I am comfortable with that being a requirement for office.  Maybe its a "Nice to have" but not a "Must have".  But, I would probably want to poke my eyes out if we were left with candidates who never lied.

Are you concerned that the voters can't make this decision on their own?
Yeah, I am concerned that you are posting the exact thing Trump posters did.  Ignoring the obvious lies and misrepresentations and then saying they all do it.  It’s pretty depressing to see you of all folks go there.  

She does need to drop out, but not because of the State Bar thing. She needs to drop out because she's too liberal and because she's done such a poor job handling this "scandal".
She’s done a poor job handling this issue because she’s lied and misrepresented herself.  The state bar example reveals the extent to which she has tried to forge an exaggerated an identity,  At this point, I don’t care the reason(s) she did it.  I’ll decide on policy views once we flush the disingenuous liars.
I agree that the registration card reveals the extent to which she has tried to forge an exaggerated identity.

And the answer is, "Not much extent at all."

The amount of career assistance that she received for that card is roughly equal to the amount of Native American DNA in her genes.

Is she a liar? Her position is that she never used her perceived status to further her career. If the registration card was only available through a FOIA request, then I'm not sure how you could argue that she was attempting to use that card to further her career.
I can’t get in her mind.  But, she clearly wanted to promote an identity that is an exaggeration.  We can charitably take her word for it that identifying as a minority wasn’t to advance her career and still reject her judgment for doing so FOR YEARS regardless of the reason.

Yeah, I am concerned that you are posting the exact thing Trump posters did.  Ignoring the obvious lies and misrepresentations and then saying they all do it.  It’s pretty depressing to see you of all folks go there.  

I like Warren.  I doubt that I will vote for her.  But this whole ancestry stuff does not register at all with me.  She was led to believe she has native american ancestors.  So what?  Turns out she probably doesn't - at least not to any meaningful degree.

I don't think any less of her for having those thoughts/opinions.

I like some of her economic policies.  I like that she lends a voice to the nomination process.  I am not sure I think she has the "It" factor you need to win an election. 

I get that people who don't know her, really hate her.  But, I don't hate her.  Sue me.

I can’t get in her mind.  But, she clearly wanted to promote an identity that is an exaggeration.  We can charitably take her word for it that identifying as a minority wasn’t to advance her career and still reject her judgment for doing so FOR YEARS regardless of the reason.
You say that she clearly wanted to promote her perceived ancestry. To support your claim, you have cited a registration card that was uncovered 32 years after it was filed. That doesn't scream "clearly wanted to promote" to me.

Plenty of really strong candidates.  She can do whatever she wants, good luck.  Saying she should drop out is an editorial comment, not a dictate.  And, I’d be hard pressed to find any sober perspective thinking she has any reasonable shot now, so if she has any shred of integrity, she will bow out and not Jill Stein her way through the primary.

My sister, occasionally identifies as a Pacific-Islander.

She is a pale ginger.

She was, however, born on Guam - giving her some claim. 

*She does not use it on anything official - but given the option in a non-official setting, she will choose it.

I like Warren.  I doubt that I will vote for her.  But this whole ancestry stuff does not register at all with me.  She was led to believe she has native american ancestors.  So what?  Turns out she probably doesn't - at least not to any meaningful degree.

I don't think any less of her for having those thoughts/opinions.

I like some of her economic policies.  I like that she lends a voice to the nomination process.  I am not sure I think she has the "It" factor you need to win an election. 

I get that people who don't know her, really hate her.  But, I don't hate her.  Sue me.
I lived in Boston for 10 years,  I loved Elizabeth Warren.  I thought very highly of her and wanted her to succeed in a POTUS run.

Plenty of really strong candidates.  She can do whatever she wants, good luck.  Saying she should drop out is an editorial comment, not a dictate.  And, I’d be hard pressed to find any sober perspective thinking she has any reasonable shot now, so if she has any shred of integrity, she will bow out and not Jill Stein her way through the primary.
Psst - she did not have any shot before you ordered out of the race.

Psst - she did not have any shot before you ordered out of the race.
Sorry you thought this was an order.  I figured you’ve been here long enough to know the drill.  I should have been more clear and said I really hope she just drops out.  

You say that she clearly wanted to promote her perceived ancestry. To support your claim, you have cited a registration card that was uncovered 32 years after it was filed. That doesn't scream "clearly wanted to promote" to me.
If this were the only instance of her promoting and exaggerating a fraction of a fraction of her ancestry in a professional context, I’d agree.  But, sadly it isn’t.

If this were the only instance of her promoting and exaggerating a fraction of a fraction of her ancestry in a professional context, I’d agree.  But, sadly it isn’t.
Was the registration card public knowledge? If not, I don't think it's accurate to describe it as "promoting" something.

It’s pretty obvious Liz colluded with the WP to drop this 30 minutes before the SOTU in hopes it would get lost in the wash. 

[scooter] said:
Was the registration card public knowledge? If not, I don't think it's accurate to describe it as "promoting" something.
It’s likely just for internal purposes, to help the state bar keep track of its own demographic trends. I doubt it has anything to do with Warren’s promotion of anything.

That said, I think Warren should drop out for the same reason that Bernie Sanders, Tulsi Gabbard, and Joe Biden should also drop out. Not because of anything involving any state bar statistics, but just because I personally wouldn’t vote for any of them in the Democratic primary.

She’s done.  No chance at winning the primaries with this registration card providing physical proof she has been misrepresenting herself for at least 30 years. 

Donor money will quickly dry up and go to someone else. She won’t even make it to Iowa. 

I am no fan of warren, but isnt this basically info we already knew? I mean she is listed in a law journal this way, isnt it likely that they just pulled that data from something like this? 

I am no fan of warren, but isnt this basically info we already knew? I mean she is listed in a law journal this way, isnt it likely that they just pulled that data from something like this? 
I don't think so...the journal wasn't done by her, correct?  Something the school did listing her that way?  This appears to be her registration card, meaning she listed it that way.  That would be quite different IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread