What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I LOVE Elizabeth Warren: All aboard - WOO WOO!!! (5 Viewers)

That is your interpretation, and so be it. I see it as the guy is a sociopath, and he can look you in the eye and lie to your face, and you will believe him. There is absolutely no chance that he didn't know what was going on. The numbers simply do not support the idea that things were above board. And these are numbers people. You're trying to tell me that the CEO of a national bank thinks that their numbers can grow that large that fast under normal "honest" circumstances? It's inconceivable to sane logical people.
Gotta be a sociopath to get to the higher levels in the big banks.  Most of these guys are so disconnected from the day to day that they don't think about the numbers so hard (and the peons like me have to send tons of data to correct them when they say the wrong stuff..._

I disagree that she made the problem worse. I can understand why people may think she made things worse in the "now" moment. But on a macro level, she is doing quite the opposite. But people are myopic that way.
Do you know anything about Stumpf outside what you saw on TV and do you know anything about Sloan at all?  Genuine question.  Your answers thus far seem to indicate a big "no" but I am not assuming anything.  That's why I ask the question.

"myopic" is an interesting term to describe a POV where one believes the situation is WORSE than it was before because of future impacts that are generally inevitable, but I'll just wait for the impacts before we go that path.

"myopic" is an interesting term to describe a POV where one believes the situation is WORSE than it was before because of future impacts that are generally inevitable, but I'll just wait for the impacts before we go that path.
But that's like saying something that is "awful" is worse than something that is "terrible". It doesn't make any difference. Particularly if the ultimate goal is to make it better. I appreciate the effort, and it appears to be genuine.

And I have my beliefs as to why many do not agree with me here. Most notably I believe that people have a problem with Warren because of the way she looks and the fact that she has a ######.

Last edited by a moderator:
But that's like saying some that is "awful" is worse than something that is "terrible". It doesn't make any difference. Particularly if the ultimate goal is to make it better. I appreciate the effort, and it appears to be genuine.

And I have my beliefs as to why many do agree with me here. Most notably I believe that people have a problem with Warren because of the way she looks and the fact that she has a ######.
This doesn't make sense to me.  My comments were to you specifically saying she made the situation better....that she improved things.  That is categorically incorrect.  AT BEST, they stayed the same, but IMO, they're now worse.  And this is the company I work for.

Who do you think it was providing the updates to the CEO on these operational programs?  HINT:  It wasn't ultimately the people that fell on the sword publicly.  

This is why I asked if you knew anything outside of what you saw on TV...which I noticed you didn't answer.

This doesn't make sense to me.  My comments were to you specifically saying she made the situation better....that she improved things.  That is categorically incorrect.  AT BEST, they stayed the same, but IMO, they're now worse.  And this is the company I work for.

Who do you think it was providing the updates to the CEO on these operational programs?  HINT:  It wasn't ultimately the people that fell on the sword publicly.  

This is why I asked if you knew anything outside of what you saw on TV...which I noticed you didn't answer.
Of course it's worse right now. The company is so unstable right now, I think that's to be expected. But something had to be done, and nobody at Wells Fargo was going to do anything because the money was rolling in by the truckload. Elizabeth Warren is merely a figurehead for somebody doing something.

And perhaps your company should have appointed a new CEO from outside the company. Anyone consider that the corporate nepotism might contribute to the same problem?

Of course it's worse right now. The company is so unstable right now, I think that's to be expected. But something had to be done, and nobody at Wells Fargo was going to do anything because the money was rolling in by the truckload. Elizabeth Warren is merely a figurehead for somebody doing something.
:confused:   wut?

It's plenty stable.  It's fine right now.  Long term, I have my doubts.  I do see the difference in our POV though...you're good with doing "something" for the sake of doing "something" to keep up appearances.  I go beyond that to see if it's actually a positive "something" or a negative "something".  Yes, that requires a bit more knowledge of the situation than what's presented on CNN, but it's worth it IMO....especially when it's my employer.

And perhaps you were confused by my earlier post because I left out a very important "not". See edited post.
You're going to have to be more specific...it's bad enough your take is based on a few hours of testimony broadcast on TV with little understanding of the rest.  Not sure I have the stomach to go back through and try and figure out which one of those posts you're eluding to.  

:confused:   wut?

It's plenty stable.  It's fine right now.  Long term, I have my doubts.  I do see the difference in our POV though...you're good with doing "something" for the sake of doing "something" to keep up appearances.  I go beyond that to see if it's actually a positive "something" or a negative "something".  Yes, that requires a bit more knowledge of the situation than what's presented on CNN, but it's worth it IMO....especially when it's my employer.
So we shouldn't hold leaders accountable?

You're going to have to be more specific...it's bad enough your take is based on a few hours of testimony broadcast on TV with little understanding of the rest.  Not sure I have the stomach to go back through and try and figure out which one of those posts you're eluding to.  
:lmao:

She helped create the CFPB which as far as I can tell has been a catalyst in uncovering a number of scams by major corporations.  She may get up there and grandstand, but all politicians do.  At least with her it seems abundantly clear that she has the average American's interests at heart.

Ok...spitting out the hook....well done Tom....you got me  :bag:  
Is it a dog and pony show? Sure. But I cannot sit here and watch this stuff happen and not be outraged. Does it happen at other banks and corporations too? Of course it does. That infuriates me too. And I'm glad that someone like Warren is there to call them on their bull####. I'm just not going to understand how you can argue the contrary. You have a bias. You work for the company. You are directly impacted. I get it. You never questioned how the company was doing so well?

Is it a dog and pony show? Sure. But I cannot sit here and watch this stuff happen and not be outraged. Does it happen at other banks and corporations too? Of course it does. That infuriates me too. And I'm glad that someone like Warren is there to call them on their bull####. I'm just not going to understand how you can argue the contrary. You have a bias. You work for the company. You are directly impacted. I get it. You never questioned how the company was doing so well?
You don't have to....I never made that argument :shrug:   Like I said....I spit out the hook...have a good day :thumbup:  

Strike her down, and she will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine

Republican senators voted on Tuesday to formally silence a Democratic colleague for impugning a peer, Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama, by condemning his nomination for attorney general while reading a letter from Coretta Scott King.

Senator Elizabeth Warren, Democrat of Massachusetts, had been holding forth on the Senate floor on the eve of Mr. Sessions’s expected confirmation vote, reciting a 1986 letter from Mrs. King that criticized Mr. Sessions’s record on civil rights.

Sensing a stirring beside her a short while later, Ms. Warren stopped herself and scanned the chamber.

Across the room, Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, had stepped forward with an objection, setting off an extraordinary confrontation in the Capitol and silencing a colleague, procedurally, in the throes of a contentious debate over President Trump’s cabinet nominee.

The GOP gave her more publicity by trying to cut her off, but to suggest it really matters is kind of silly. 
Everyone discounted Trump as well.  We'll see if she can gather a coalition of active voters to her.  If she can, this kind of thing can be just what they need to rally behind her.

IMHO, the left is wasting their outrage on trivial matters and when real issues come up, they get lost in the noise. 
Jeff Sessions as AG might be the worst decision Trump has made so far, including the immigration EO.  There's nothing trivial about this.  And you can be sure that McConnell's comments yesterday will make their way into commercials in 2018 and 2020.

And in any event, the right spent eight years being outraged about mostly trivial stuff about a president far more popular than Trump, and it got them a Breitbart editor-in-chief running the country, a president who rolls over for Wall Street at the drop of a hat, governor's mansions and statehouses across the country, and a Senate that can muzzle the words of Coretta Scott King in order to defend an AG nominee so bassackwards he was too racist for a judgeship 30 years ago. The "consistent outrage" model seems to be fairly effective.

IMHO, the left is wasting their outrage on trivial matters and when real issues come up, they get lost in the noise. 
That, if that is what the Dems are doing, is right out of Trump's playbook. Say 10 stupid things, everyone talks about those, and while everyone is talking about those, something real happens without much notice because of the ten stupid things that had been said. Trump 101... unfortunately most of his voters earned a "D" in Trump 101 and dropped out of college to pursue a job in coal. As, Mrs. DeVos, would put it, "there was growth and proficiency there." Um, yeah.

Also, it seems to be that the Republicans have been "triggered" and are acting like the real "snowflakes" when it comes to Trump anything. It also appears to be that the Senate floor should be a "safe space" to share ideas as long as they are in the realm of Conservatism. It also appears that they will have to take a break and pray for the heathens and sinners on the Senate floor now. Oh, the humanity. 

Also, it seems to be that the Republicans have been "triggered" and are acting like the real "snowflakes" when it comes to Trump anything. It also appears to be that the Senate floor should be a "safe space" to share ideas as long as they are in the realm of Conservatism. It also appears that they will have to take a break and pray for the heathens and sinners on the Senate floor now. Oh, the humanity. 
Not to mention they're all white and cold and if you get enough of them together they'll shut down public schools.

"Nevertheless, she persisted" is going to become the campaign slogan of every woman running for office in the Democratic Party for the next few years.  Nice of him to write that for them.
It was absolutely idiotic by McConnell. What did he gain by doing it? Nothing. Maybe all this ends up meaning nothing but 5 million people read the speech on Facebook after Warren posted it there. That's a few more than would've seen it on CSPAN. He just handed a gift to Warren and the Democrats and continued to make Republicans look like a bunch of uptight white men who can't handle uppity women. Just moronic.  

If the Democrats express outrage at every Trump move, it will desensitize moderates and make his job easier.  Keep up the good work though, Pocohontas!
I have more belief that the left will stay on task and concerned with the issues through multiple rounds of opposition than I do that the President will.  

I have more belief that the left will stay on task and concerned with the issues through multiple rounds of opposition than I do that the President will.  
The way things are going total Opposition is going to be this countries future no matter who is president.

The way things are going total Opposition is going to be this countries future no matter who is president.
The Republicans began this approach when Clinton was President. It's severely damaged our government and the public's trust in politicians to put country first but I don't think the Democrats have any choice but to follow suit now, especially when you consider the amount of damage Trump could inflict.

It was absolutely idiotic by McConnell. What did he gain by doing it? Nothing. Maybe all this ends up meaning nothing but 5 million people read the speech on Facebook after Warren posted it there. That's a few more than would've seen it on CSPAN. He just handed a gift to Warren and the Democrats and continued to make Republicans look like a bunch of uptight white men who can't handle uppity women. Just moronic.  
Gavin Newsom@GavinNewsom 22m22 minutes ago

The right side of history:

Coretta Scott King

- or -

Mitch McConnell.

#ByeMitch

If the Democrats express outrage at every Trump move, it will desensitize moderates and make his job easier.  Keep up the good work though, Pocohontas!
They aren't outraged at every Trump move, but there are certainly things he is doing that are outrageous.

Users who are viewing this thread