What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I LOVE Elizabeth Warren: All aboard - WOO WOO!!! (3 Viewers)

Re: bullet #3: what exactly is your objection here?  Should it be illegal for certain citizens to buy foreclosed homes? 
During the confirmation process weren't we lectured incessantly about how evil Mnuchin was for profiting off of foreclosures and how he should withdraw due to this?  Lets apply the same standard.

Re: bullet #1:  what is the acceptable net worth of a national political figure?  
Nice to see Democrats get dragged down this rat hole.

During the confirmation process weren't we lectured incessantly about how evil Mnuchin was for profiting off of foreclosures and how he should withdraw due to this?  Lets apply the same standard.
Yea. Totally the same thing.

Someone buying a forclosed property from a bank and flipping it for a nice profit.

vs

Foreclosing on 36,000 people after predatory lending and profiting over a billion dollars 

Ok. Going off the posts here, this comparison is completely bull#### and belies either a complete misunderstanding about the claims against the roles Munchin played during the financial crisis or a very misleading attempt at false equivalency. I'm banking on the latter because of your history here.  You know better.

You're comparing apples to axes.  OneWest had a long list of questionable foreclosures that they went ahead and did because the FDIC would cover their losses.  There was also a big stink about OneWest not loaning money to minorities in violation of the Fair Housing Act.  What did Warren do as a private citizen that mirrored OneWest's behavior, either in practice or scale?   

I like how you come really close to using an acceptable descriptive term but you just can't resist calling them Indians. 
Jesus, seriously? This is why the left irritates me. Or maybe you specifically. Maybe both. 

Jesus, seriously? This is why the left irritates me. Or maybe you specifically. Maybe both. 
I'm sorry that people make you feel uncomfortable about using ignorant, bigoted terms to describe other groups of people.  Maybe you should find a safe space to do that more freely in

I'm sorry that people make you feel uncomfortable about using ignorant, bigoted terms to describe other groups of people.  Maybe you should find a safe space to do that more freely in
I'll get right on that kemosabe. 

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Or he'll just keep doing it here and you'll have to get over it. 

Cool.  Somewhere like Stormfront would really agree with your viewpoint here
I think it's absolutely ridiculous that people get uptight about the term Native American Indian. Ya. I sure do. So very very stupid. Did I mention that I think it's ridiculous? I wanna make sure I don't leave that part out. Flame away. This thread isn't worth my time. 

Sure.  Then can we laugh at how hysterical your snowflakes are when people point out the reality of what you're saying
Their reality. Not mine. Sorry if that bothers you, but for whatever reason, it seems to, which I must admit, pleases me. 

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that people get uptight about the term Native American Indian. Ya. I sure do. So very very stupid. Did I mention that I think it's ridiculous? I wanna make sure I don't leave that part out. Flame away. This thread isn't worth my time. 
Thinking that it is "ridiculous" and "very very stupid" when people mention that a term is both historically incorrect and offensive isn't a point worth anyone's time to try to make.  You have already spent way too much time defending this crap

Their reality. Not mine. Sorry if that bothers you, but for whatever reason, it seems to, which I must admit, pleases me. 
I'm sorry that your reality is ignorant and bigoted.  It is especially sad that it pleases you when people point out that you are making offensive comments. 

@roadkill1292: we've got a live one here

Well, if you feel that way, then don't waste any more of it posting here - the rest of us could probably live with that.

Thinking that it is "ridiculous" and "very very stupid" when people mention that a term is both historically incorrect and offensive isn't a point worth anyone's time to try to make.  You have already spent way too much time defending this crap
I'm bored. So sue me. Actually, get Henry. He's a lawyer isn't he?

And by the way, I think people that think the term Native American Indian is offensive are full of crap. Can I call a black guy a black guy? Can I call a Jewish guy a Jew? I don't even think twice about stuff like that and I think the only people that do are over the line PCers which is how you strike me. 

And by the way, I think people that think the term Native American Indian is offensive are full of crap. Can I call a black guy a black guy? Can I call a Jewish guy a Jew? I don't even think twice about stuff like that and I think the only people that do are over the line PCers which is how you strike me. 
You know Columbus didn't land in India, right?

Well, if you feel that way, then don't waste any more of it posting here - the rest of us could probably live with that.
Ya, you're right. The idiocy of the left is strong here. I'll leave you all to your circle jerk. Enjoy. ?

You're as bad with analogies as you are at justifying why making offensive comments is a good thing

Disagree. I think my communication skills are spot on. I think you just don't like hearing it. No worries kemosabe. 
You've communicated your views very clearly.  They paint a picture of a very ignorant and bigoted person about race, but it is clear communication.

I think she's going to have a tough time getting through the primaries.  Lying about being a minority to get into college is not going to sit well with actual minorities.

Oh, so I see, you want to re-write the whole reference to the term Indian as relates to the United States. Good luck with that. 
Absolutely not.  It's a made up name meant to validate Columbus's voyage, because his passport provided him with legal passage toward the Indies. I endeavor to keep that exactly as written. 

I think she's going to have a tough time getting through the primaries.  Lying about being a minority to get into college is not going to sit well with actual minorities.
I didn't realize her college application or her DNA results had been released.  Are they available online?

Um, well, yes, but you are not just calling a Native American a Native American, you (or rather Der Max originally) added the redundant Indian, which not only sounds silly but is not the preferred term in 2017 - akin to referring to someone as an Asian Oriental (although Indian is only slightly pejorative as compared to Oriental).

Ok I think I can represent the left on this one because I'm a rational person.

For a minute I read this thread and thought, it might be funny to say native Americans shouldn't be called Indians, because enough people have spoken up to day is offensive, and it's not really descriptive because you don't know if hit mean people from India or native Americans.  But then for just a second there i thought well, maybe it's ok to call them injuns. Because really that's pretty much only ever been used to describe native Americans.  So yeah it's offensive but at least it passes the descriptive test.

That's a real thought that went through my head.   I'm not proud of it, and I'm not really ashamed of having thought it.  My brain was trying to think of something funny to say and it ended up thinking that would be offensive to some people so I decided not to say it.  Then I told the story and said it anyways, which probably makes me an #######.  Let me be clear, I don't mean any offense by it and I'm sorry if I offend anyone here by saying it, but I'm trying to make a point. 

I don't think it's offensive that you want to call someone an Indian instead of a native American.  I don't really think it's racist either.  I mean it's not great but it's no different than being stuck in traffic and mumbling swear words about the person who just cut you off.  

Where it becomes a problem is when you take it outside.  If you're mumbling racist things about the person who just cut you off, you're probably thinking racist things more often than I do, and probably acting on those thoughts more often than you realize it.  You probably feel more comfortable sharing your inappropriate thoughts with people of your race, and probably feel less comfortable sharing your thoughts with people of other races, and that probably skews your behavior.  Maybe not.  Maybe you're capable of curbing your actions but not your thoughts.  But for a lot of us, it's easier to have a filter and think, I probably shouldn't say this because it might really offend someone. 

But I'm not even yelling you you need to have that filter.  I mean it would probably be better if you did, but that's your call.  

Where you start to cross the line isn't when you think inappropriate things, or choose not to have a filter. It's not even when you say I'm proud not to have a filter, and then say some things that might offend some people, like you just did.

Where you crossed the line into "probably a huge #######" is when you said herearlier, I'm going to say something that I know offends people, and I'm going to defend my right to say it, because I'm the real victim here for not being allowed to say every offensive thing I want.  You're literally offended that you're not allowed to offend people, and apparently incapable of seeing that irony. 

Thinking some ####ty things isn't great but it's normal.  Saying them once in a while is crappy but not that awful.  But if someone who grew up in a country run by people who conquered their ancestors, stole their land, and still to this day call them names,  gets mad because you called them a name, I give them a lot more leeway than you getting mad that people won't let you call them names without calling you a name.  Toughen up, snowflake.  

Ya, you're right. The idiocy of the left is strong here. I'll leave you all to your circle jerk. Enjoy. ?
Just ignore these clowns TJ.  They aren't even worth engaging.  Easily some of the most miserable, valueless people on the planet.

Stick around bro.  If for no other reason than to make them even more miserable.   :lol:

Um, well, yes, but you are not just calling a Native American a Native American, you (or rather Der Max originally) added the redundant Indian, which not only sounds silly but is not the preferred term in 2017 - akin to referring to someone as an Asian Oriental (although Indian is only slightly pejorative as compared to Oriental).
Yeah, I don't think there's a corolary for this one.  It's marginally less offensive to a lot of the First Nations peoples I've met than Oriental or Colored to correlative groups. So... maybe it's like calling a 40 year old single northeastern woman "ma'am?"  I don't know. 

Just ignore these clowns TJ.  They aren't even worth engaging.  Easily some of the most miserable, valueless people on the planet.

Stick around bro.  If for no other reason than to make them even more miserable.   :lol:
You can say that again.

Ok I think I can represent the left on this one because I'm a rational person.

For a minute I read this thread and thought, it might be funny to say native Americans shouldn't be called Indians, because enough people have spoken up to day is offensive, and it's not really descriptive because you don't know if hit mean people from India or native Americans.  But then for just a second there i thought well, maybe it's ok to call them injuns. Because really that's pretty much only ever been used to describe native Americans.  So yeah it's offensive but at least it passes the descriptive test.

That's a real thought that went through my head.   I'm not proud of it, and I'm not really ashamed of having thought it.  My brain was trying to think of something funny to say and it ended up thinking that would be offensive to some people so I decided not to say it.  Then I told the story and said it anyways, which probably makes me an #######.  Let me be clear, I don't mean any offense by it and I'm sorry if I offend anyone here by saying it, but I'm trying to make a point. 

I don't think it's offensive that you want to call someone an Indian instead of a native American.  I don't really think it's racist either.  I mean it's not great but it's no different than being stuck in traffic and mumbling swear words about the person who just cut you off.  

Where it becomes a problem is when you take it outside.  If you're mumbling racist things about the person who just cut you off, you're probably thinking racist things more often than I do, and probably acting on those thoughts more often than you realize it.  You probably feel more comfortable sharing your inappropriate thoughts with people of your race, and probably feel less comfortable sharing your thoughts with people of other races, and that probably skews your behavior.  Maybe not.  Maybe you're capable of curbing your actions but not your thoughts.  But for a lot of us, it's easier to have a filter and think, I probably shouldn't say this because it might really offend someone. 

But I'm not even yelling you you need to have that filter.  I mean it would probably be better if you did, but that's your call.  

Where you start to cross the line isn't when you think inappropriate things, or choose not to have a filter. It's not even when you say I'm proud not to have a filter, and then say some things that might offend some people, like you just did.

Where you crossed the line into "probably a huge #######" is when you said herearlier, I'm going to say something that I know offends people, and I'm going to defend my right to say it, because I'm the real victim here for not being allowed to say every offensive thing I want.  You're literally offended that you're not allowed to offend people, and apparently incapable of seeing that irony. 

Thinking some ####ty things isn't great but it's normal.  Saying them once in a while is crappy but not that awful.  But if someone who grew up in a country run by people who conquered their ancestors, stole their land, and still to this day call them names,  gets mad because you called them a name, I give them a lot more leeway than you getting mad that people won't let you call them names without calling you a name.  Toughen up, snowflake.  
Jesus how long did you spend twisting yourself in knots writing that ####?

We'll continue to let them concentrate on identity politics, spelling/grammar errors in online forums and separate bathrooms for all.  In the meantime, conservatives will be winning local, state and federal elections in the foreseeable future.  

I say late them get all fake outraged - they lost a historically enormous amount of elected seats the last 8 years worrying about that type of stuff than of stuff that people actually care about.

Yeah, I don't think there's a corolary for this one.  It's marginally less offensive to a lot of the First Nations peoples I've met than Oriental or Colored to correlative groups. So... maybe it's like calling a 40 year old single northeastern woman "ma'am?"  I don't know. 
Are you snowflakes going to be okay?  You seem to be awfully upset over it.  Maybe you two should take a few weeks off from here to recover.

I'm here to help if you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread