What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Have your dynasty rookie wide receiver rankings changed? (1 Viewer)

Impossible to rank Treadwell and it dont look like that will change for a while. It's gonna be some time before i consider an Ole Miss player a ready product again, though. Being a NEnglander, i've seen Nkemdiche and Tunsil play the last two weeks and there weren't nothing there to tell me these impressive specimens were coached up anywhere ever. It's like their progress got Freezen somehow...

I try not to be too reactionary with young players because they develop at different rates, but I'm definitely higher on Fuller/Shepard/Thomas than I was a few months ago and somewhat lower on Treadwell. None of these guys were "must-have" players for me in the first place, but now I feel better about the depth given what some of them are showing.

Reading up on Treadwell, I think Minnesota might just be taking it slow with him. They claim that they're not going to put him out there until the time is right. For now, it's not really that alarming. I wouldn't rush out to acquire him, but at the same time I wouldn't go pawning him off for the first half decent offer that came along. If he hasn't become something of a factor by the end of the year then I'll be a lot more concerned. 

Yes it changed.

I had it them back in May, when I did rookie drafts as:

Coleman

Doctson

Treadwell

Shepard

Thomas

Boyd

Caroo

Fuller

I was not overly interested in any of them past Thomas, not for a first round pick anyway. After Thomas I considered them all second round picks.  Had a tier drop after Treadwell and after Thomas.

Now today, assuming PPR:

Coleman

Shepard

Fuller

Doctson

Thomas

Boyd

Treadwell

Carroo

I try not to be too reactionary with young players because they develop at different rates, but I'm definitely higher on Fuller/Shepard/Thomas than I was a few months ago and somewhat lower on Treadwell. None of these guys were "must-have" players for me in the first place, but now I feel better about the depth given what some of them are showing.

Reading up on Treadwell, I think Minnesota might just be taking it slow with him. They claim that they're not going to put him out there until the time is right. For now, it's not really that alarming. I wouldn't rush out to acquire him, but at the same time I wouldn't go pawning him off for the first half decent offer that came along. If he hasn't become something of a factor by the end of the year then I'll be a lot more concerned. 
Have Fuller, Shepard or Thomas jumped Treadwell if you drafted today?

Have Fuller, Shepard or Thomas jumped Treadwell if you drafted today?
Tough one. I try not to overreact to a few weeks (OBJ being a great example of why you shouldn't).

On the other hand, those guys at least look useful, and could become more. Not trying to cop out, but I'd really have to think about it. I don't own Fuller/Shepard/Thomas anywhere, and never felt like I had a great grasp of them. I have Treadwell in one league. I think they all bring different things to the table. Fuller is the first rookie receiver to open his career with 100+ yard games since DeSean Jackson, and I think that's a telling fact because Jackson was always one of his best-case-scenario comparisons. Both are one-dimensional, yet so good at that one thing that they retain a lot of value. If Fuller is the next DJax then I'd take him over Treadwell, who's closer to Nicks/Colston in a best-case-scenario than he is to Julio/Demaryius in terms of style and talent. Shepard and Thomas are tough. Thomas is good at everything, but never looked special to me. Shepard just seems like a crafty slot guy who will be system and volume dependent. 

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Coleman
2. Fuller 

3. Shepard
4. Thomas
5. Doctson

6. Sharpe
7. Boyd

8. Treadwell
9. Mitchell
10. Carroo

While he's been solid, I don't get why anyone would take Boyd over Treadwell.   Guess I just don't see much upside with Boyd, and would much rather swing for a triple with Treadwell than take the safe single in Boyd.  

Impulsiveness is not a positive trait in dynasty leagues.
Agree but i could see the risk adverse making a deal. Treadwell for example could be good or he might flop completely. We know a guy like Thomas or Shepard can play. I wouldnt fault someone for now moving Treadwell for one of those two even if Treadwell was selected higher. 

before the season I had:

Coleman, Doctson, Treadwell, Shep, Thomas, Fuller, Mitchell,  Caroo, Boyd  (i had never liked Tread and own him nowhere but was assuming I was just missing what others were seeing)

Now:

Coleman, Doctson, Fuller, Shepard, Treadwell, thomas, Mitchell, Boyd, Caroo.  (It seems possible that Fuller should be number 1 or 2 overall, he has the pedigree, the measurables, college production at a big time program and better NFL production through a tiny sample size than almost everyone ever as a rookie)

Agree but i could see the risk adverse making a deal. Treadwell for example could be good or he might flop completely. We know a guy like Thomas or Shepard can play. I wouldnt fault someone for now moving Treadwell for one of those two even if Treadwell was selected higher. 
I drafted Treadwell as the 1st WR in my league, the week before the season started, with the full knowledge that Coleman, Thomas, Shepard, and others would probably have better rookie seasons.

Fortunately, my team's depth at the position enables me to be patient.

For me, nothing has changed.

ETA - The Vikings didn't even activate one of their rookie WR's until week 4 last season.  Heck the only reason the rookie was activated that soon was because of injuries to Charles Johnson and Jarius Wright.  

That rookie's name?  Stefon Diggs.  ...and yes, he was completely healthy the first 3 weeks.

It's a somewhat valid point regarding patience in respect to Treadwell.  But we're also talking about a first rounder here.  Not a fourth round pick that's not seeing the field to start the season.  I'm not in panic mode about Treadwell, but it's definitely not a positive that he's not getting snaps over someone as mediocre as Charles Johnson.

Had it...

Coleman

Fuller, Treadwell

Shepard

after the draft, and who cares about the rest.  Until you get to the long shots anyway.

Now I'd have it...

Coleman, Fuller

Shepard, Sharpe

and who cares about the rest.

Had it...

Coleman

Fuller, Treadwell

Shepard

after the draft, and who cares about the rest.  Until you get to the long shots anyway.

Now I'd have it...

Coleman, Fuller

Shepard, Sharpe

and who cares about the rest.
That's fine, as long as you only play in redrafts.

OH NOOOOO!!!!

Please don't block me!!!!

How will I get by without reading your short-sighted, overreactive, opinions?!?!

Please come back!!!!!  :cry:

Based on these replies, I'll be targeting Boyd in trades. 

I liked fuller enough before the season to trade tom Brady for him (contract league, one year deal and I need to rebuild the team I took over). 

Users who are viewing this thread