What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Kings week 3 (1 Viewer)

jandyt

Footballguy
After a bit of a down week we are on week 3.

Players I like

QB

Brees

Flacco (cheapest QB I will play this week in cash anyway)

Ryan

Palmer

RB

Gordon (love him this week)

Elliot (could get multiple scores this week)

Reddick (little nervous but clear top back for lions)

Forte

Ajayi (GPP only IMO)

WR

Landry (my top value at WR)

J Jones(health?)

Diggs (still way underpriced)

OBJ (could have his first huge game of the year)

Fitz

Brown (bounce back)

Benjamin

Beasley (very cheap)

TE

Pitta

Walford

Walker

Doyle (maybe just GPP)

Rivers is dirt cheap for being very good so far this year that plus a Tyrell Williams or Antonio Gates stack saves good money everywhere else.  

Riddick is an obvious play, even if they get down he's still very involved.  

Other than that I don't really have a strong feeling about anyone else.  Doyle is a nice GPP play, as is Dwayne Allen if you pivot it plus SD's starting safety is hurt so the middle should be wide open.  Their LB's suck in coverage.  

Dolphins D against Cleveland (Cody Kessler) yes please all day everyday.  

Increased the roll 14.3 percent week one.  Decreased by 0.4% week two, and I feel pretty good about that, given how things went.  That being said, on to week 3.

I really like these plays this week, at least at this second.

QB:  Flacco @ 6100, Smith @ 5800, and Prescott @ 5700

RB:  Riddick @ 4900, Gordon @ 5800

WR:  Benjamin @ 5200, Diggs @ 5100, AB @ 9600 

TE:  Tamme @ 3200 and Pitta @ 3400

Def:  Miami @ 3000 

ETA: I only play GPPs

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been toying with lineups for the past hour and I've found some lineups and some other players that are appearing a lot.  

Jarvis Landry is very common.  Tannehill's last 4 games at home - 236, 329, 350, 389.  I'm banking on the same against a Browns defense that should be on the field A LOT!  Which also makes Tannehill a decent play at 6100.  Added benefit - Foster still hurt?  Drake is a pass catcher and Ajayi sucks.  

Almost any Charger - I love picking on Indianapolis defense, Rivers is nice at 6700 Travis Benjamin at 5200 Tyrell Williams 4300 Melvin Gordon 5800 are in a lot of my lineups in different variances.  

I don't like any of the top tier WR's this week except for Nuk who I have nowhere as of this writing.  So I've been playing with lineups with Jordy/Amari/Benjamin/Fitzgerald a lot.  I think I've ruled out Benjamin mostly due to the matchup.  But the others are around and relevant, and I prefer those guys over the top10 priced WR's.  

Ebron at 3700 is nice still priced cheap, Pitta and Tamme are nice solid plays more so for cash in my opinion but they're cheap options that'll get solid points.  I think Jimmy Graham is a nice GPP play now that he's healthy and the run game is struggling so maybe he helps?  

Ebron at 3700 is nice still priced cheap, Pitta and Tamme are nice solid plays more so for cash in my opinion but they're cheap options that'll get solid points.  I think Jimmy Graham is a nice GPP play now that he's healthy and the run game is struggling so maybe he helps?  
I can understand why you would make this statement.  For me personally, in the GPPs, the TE position is the one that has been keeping me from really jumping up the leaderboard, so I am going with a little more chalk with upside at that position this week.  Hopefully it pans out for me and I get 15-18pts instead of the 5-7 I've been getting there.  10 points is huge in the tourneys.

TE: I really like Pitta and Walford as cheap cash options.  Higher priced I like Walker for cash and GPP.  Doyle I think is cheap GPP option reasonable chance he finds the end zone.

TE: I really like Pitta and Walford as cheap cash options.  Higher priced I like Walker for cash and GPP.  Doyle I think is cheap GPP option reasonable chance he finds the end zone.
Tamme is right there with Pitta for me.  I guess I am looking at cheap Thurs-Mon games to get into so I can get some of that high o/u action on MNF. 

Week 1: BR +53%

Week 2: BR +15%

Week 1 could have been amazing. I was ~500th in a 36K entry GPP going into Monday night and I was one of only 3 entrants in the top 500 with 2 players to go.  Those 2 were Gurley and Rams D vs 49ers.  We all know how that disaster went.  So I ended up fading way back into the 1000s as all the Antonio Brown owners passed me and ended up with a small cash.

This week Gordon is a clear cash start but I will fade him for sure in GPP, he's so chalky.  Him and Landry for cash I'm almost certain.  DeAngelo is still priced very well on DK, I'll want that.  

I really like Pryor as my cheap WR in GPP.  10 targets last week and CLE is a huge dog to MIA whose secondary got lit up by Garoppolo.  He's a bargain at DK at $3,400 ($5,800 on FD).   People will be off of him because of the QB.

My Thurs/Mon Cash LU for this week.......(EDITED ON 9-23-15)

Brees--------------------------------RYAN

Zeke, D. Murray--------------------GORDON, D. MURRAY

TY, Snead, S. Smith---------------AB, JULIO, BEASLEY

Burton------------------------------BURTON

L. McCoy---------------------------TAMME

Cowboys --------------------------COWBOYS

I KNOW, I KNOW, IT LOOKS MORE LIKE A GPP LU WITH THE SUPER STACK. WITH AB AND JULIO ON MY TEAM I CAN'T AFFORD MUCH AT FLEX. TAMME HOLDS THE MOST UPSIDE TO ME. I WILL USING THIS IN SOME GPP'S ALSO. MCCOY WAS SCARING ME A LITTLE AND I FEEL LIKE GORDON IS THE SAFER PLAY. I'LL PROBABLY REGRET THE SWITCH, I ALWAYS DO.........

Sunday only cash game plays I am looking at.

QB - Rivers and Tannehill

RB - Paying up a little at RB this week, DeAngelo, D. Johnson, M. Gordon, Riddick. I just don't trust the Artis-Payne, Howard, McKinnion types to not put up a 3 point effort. In GPP worth the risk but not in cash.

WR - A lot of value at WR this week. Fitzgerald, J. Matthews, Landry, D. Parker (in stack with Tannehill), T. Benjamin, Diggs (likely highly played but still a great price and won't kill you if he flops because of the percentage)

TE - Pitta, you guys have me convinced

DST - Dolphins, just a hunch they crush Cleveland. The Patriots can win with a 3rd string QB, the Browns...well we shall see.

Been using one of the RB's in my flex this week.

HP QBs likely to produce...Brees, Rodgers, Luck, Ryan

MP QBs likely to produce...Eli, Rivers

LP QBs likely to produce...Tannehill, Mariota, Fitz

There are others on the fringe but I like most of these QBs and so i am drawn to the cheaper ones as THill has a chance at a big day...key word is chance, not sure he is money in the bank. But like DD posts sometimes you need to zig when they zag even in a 50/50 or double up. THill will be popular but not on everyone's list IMHO. 

Rivers is something like 20% ownership and figures to be higher this weekend...

-Mariota is highly risky but he has a nice match up vs Oakland. Fitz will be down Marshall I hear, that might harpoon him. 

-Eli gets the Skins and he figures to be a low ownership guy this week. 

But like DD posts sometimes you need to zig when they zag even in a 50/50 or double up. 
He said that in regard to the high roller / FF industry 50/50 he was going to join... i dont think that applies to "normal" 50/50 contests.  For the random 50/50 i still think you want to have the most highly owned players generally speaking.  There is no need seek out and make contrarian plays imo.

RB is proving tough for me this week too many options I like.

Gordon, Vereen, Riddick, Elliott, Williams, Johnson, Micheal.  Not sure how much I will use each.  Leaning towards pushing Riddick completely out of my cash lineups. 

I was going to fade D Will but decided for cash that was too risky with his likely high ownership.  Oops.  Thinking this week my end up around break even.  We shall see.

Won everything with my Sunday only lineup even small cashes in both tourneys I entered.  Question is will I give it all back with my less well performing th-mon and sun-mon lineups.

Well this week didn't go as planned.  Oh well I won my h2h against one of my good friends.  The little things in life.  

Can't remember cheering so much/been so annoyed for a couple dollars in my life.  It basically sums up my ####ty season with DK so far though.  I put in a fun $1gpp MNF lineup in on Thurs.  Missed the cuttoff line for $2 by 1.7pts.  Brees/Coleman/Fleener combine for 86.74pts.  Julio and Cooks? 6.5!!  :wall:

QB-Ryan Tannehill

RB-Ezekiel Elliott and Melvin Gordon

WR-Landry, Crabtree, Shepard...these were right off DD's Blog list. I know it's FD what he puts out but you can steal some names and put them within the DK framework. I freelance a lot mroe in the GPPs but since I am fairly new to this I trust DD's projections more than most. Nobody is 100% but he usually has the right players if you can figure out the right combo/code, just saying. 

TE-Jimmy Graham...the reports all week and a challenged running attack going in made me think he was a great play. I picked him up in DFS/Redraft, all formats and plugged him in, usually don't load up that much on one player but this was too easy at 3,000 price tag. 

Flex-Terrelle Pryor...I was already happy to use him at 3,400 but then you foudn out he might be a QB at some point in the game. He delivered and I doubt he has many other games like this with Josh Gordon back in the cuts. This was a 1 week splash/diff maker to take you over the top. 

Def/ST-Pittsburgh...ugh this one cost me some real money. I did manage to put Cinci on a couple others. 

$1 ticket=$10 return, another $1 ticket $7, $3 ticket=$15

$10 double up 50/50=$20

$15 or so in tickets, $50 that came back or thereabouts, pretty good for a guy that is just feeling his way right now.   

Week 1: BR +53%

Week 2: BR +15%

Week 1 could have been amazing. I was ~500th in a 36K entry GPP going into Monday night and I was one of only 3 entrants in the top 500 with 2 players to go.  Those 2 were Gurley and Rams D vs 49ers.  We all know how that disaster went.  So I ended up fading way back into the 1000s as all the Antonio Brown owners passed me and ended up with a small cash.

This week Gordon is a clear cash start but I will fade him for sure in GPP, he's so chalky.  Him and Landry for cash I'm almost certain.  DeAngelo is still priced very well on DK, I'll want that.  

I really like Pryor as my cheap WR in GPP.  10 targets last week and CLE is a huge dog to MIA whose secondary got lit up by Garoppolo.  He's a bargain at DK at $3,400 ($5,800 on FD).   People will be off of him because of the QB.
Well that worked out.

Up another 15% this week.  My cash lineup scored 167pts.  Doing much better at DFS than my FF leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread