What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deon Sanders on NFL Channel (1 Viewer)

Neon is a whole different breed..

The man went to SF, and stopped the COWBOYS..

Then he left for Dallas, and they could not be stopped!  Primetime.. 

Hopefully you know and agree w/ the above  Or  ya may as well stop reading now.

Basically this man is addressed with the utmost respect from most anyone that he interacts

The man knows what hes talking about because hes lived it at the highest level

Im sure he can gather the best up to date data interacting with today's Top talent.

Is it possible that he could come across as condescending  Or  Full of himself?

How about you list one player who has been demanded So Much

Were talking sustained performance   increases in performance 

not to mention, i believe teammates trully appreciating his presence, and dedication if you will to the game.

YES he can get on my nerves sometimes 

But We gotta realize hes bringing us to levels of interaction/conversation that we normally wouldn't be privy too

For instance   Deon could probably ask Rodgers what is goin on, and get some type of honest answer..

As opposed to just seeing some visual responce akin too  "WTF Do you know about Football #######"

Yeah some old time HC may get a good responce out of respect, and common sence

However, answering Deon they may subconsciously be hoping for some direction/guidance

Personally I think his divorce was quite a traumatic experience, and dealing with his children may not be a picnic..

He changed..

Not to mention the fact that sometimes his fellow co-workers may not always put their best foot forward..

I dunno if I should say im hardcore, but when Deon smiles?  I kinda wanna smile sometimes   Hes just a Solid football guy

Yeah he may make me sick at times  But  Thats the power that he wields

(imo) A man can only be so nice, if they can only be so cold

p.s.  off-topic I dont care much for the latest changes at nfl network   i get more of a cheerleader gossip vibe than hardfacts football playerz

Deion was great, and he's full of himself, but even he admits that Jerry Rice owned him.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://youtu.be/VQ0292GRh00

Real deal n its RAW..

The man could do just about everything at an elite level  (cept maybe passing)

But theres guys playing MLB who have some of us baffled how they miss a tackle..

Dude did punt returns..

ya remember watching guys lit up for reals.

I dont even wanna think about seein some poor guy rasin  his hand slightly w/ a wave

And what happened next   (It makes me weak in the knees kinda)

Now its fun to raz the guy, but lets not get too crazy

Dudes a legend in my book

I met him yesterday. We talked about a hit he put on Stephen Davis of the Skins back in 99. Stuck him in the backfield for a loss. 

Really nice guy. 

Allowed to talk the talk (and then some) because he walked the walk.  Kinda hard to argue with production.  The presentation side of him is part who he really is and part what his employers think they need to portray.  Lots of the NFL analysts do it. Some networks are more conservative, some are more over the top, but we are long past the days of Pete Axthelm and a mild Chris Berman. 

Makes me want to change the channel.

Great player does not necessarily mean someone I want to listen to on a regular basis.
I agree in general but will say that if a person is tuned out (and off) by Sanders, then chances are there aren't many pre game and analysts shows that they DO care for.  Listening to Michael Irvin or some of the yahoos on fox and ESPN are just as bad. 

Makes me want to change the channel.

Great player does not necessarily mean someone I want to listen to on a regular basis.
I agree in general but will say that if a person is tuned out (and off) by Sanders, then chances are there aren't many pre game and analysts shows that they DO care for.  Listening to Michael Irvin or some of the yahoos on fox and ESPN are just as bad. 
Oh no... Michael Irvin is 100 times worse than Deon.

Actually I don't mind most others.  Some are much better than others.  Rod Woodson was great, too bad he headed off to coach. Faulk offers great insights without making me cringe listening to him. 

Oh no... Michael Irvin is 100 times worse than Deon.

Actually I don't mind most others.  Some are much better than others.  Rod Woodson was great, too bad he headed off to coach. Faulk offers great insights without making me cringe listening to him. 
Yeah, Faulk and Kurt Warner, I can deal with/enjoy.

Other than Bo Jackson, Deion is probably the best 2-sport athlete ever. Dude hit a major league home run and scored a touchdown in the NFL in the same week, the only player ever to do so. He is also the only man to play in both a Super Bowl and a World Series.

More importantly, he is the ONLY person to get a real interview with Marshawn Lynch during Super Week. "I'm all about the action, boss." was gifted to the masses by Deion Sanders..  

Neon is a whole different breed..

The man went to SF, and stopped the COWBOYS..

Then he left for Dallas, and they could not be stopped!  Primetime.. 

Hopefully you know and agree w/ the above  Or  ya may as well stop reading now.

Basically this man is addressed with the utmost respect from most anyone that he interacts

The man knows what hes talking about because hes lived it at the highest level

Im sure he can gather the best up to date data interacting with today's Top talent.

Is it possible that he could come across as condescending  Or  Full of himself?

How about you list one player who has been demanded So Much

Were talking sustained performance   increases in performance 

not to mention, i believe teammates trully appreciating his presence, and dedication if you will to the game.

YES he can get on my nerves sometimes 

But We gotta realize hes bringing us to levels of interaction/conversation that we normally wouldn't be privy too

For instance   Deon could probably ask Rodgers what is goin on, and get some type of honest answer..

As opposed to just seeing some visual responce akin too  "WTF Do you know about Football #######"

Yeah some old time HC may get a good responce out of respect, and common sence

However, answering Deon they may subconsciously be hoping for some direction/guidance

Personally I think his divorce was quite a traumatic experience, and dealing with his children may not be a picnic..

He changed..

Not to mention the fact that sometimes his fellow co-workers may not always put their best foot forward..

I dunno if I should say im hardcore, but when Deon smiles?  I kinda wanna smile sometimes   Hes just a Solid football guy

Yeah he may make me sick at times  But  Thats the power that he wields

(imo) A man can only be so nice, if they can only be so cold

p.s.  off-topic I dont care much for the latest changes at nfl network   i get more of a cheerleader gossip vibe than hardfacts football playerz

:unsure:

lost for words?

Is it me selling you on an elite athlete 

Think I should just ignore comments about "tackling"?

Im under the impression that you do not like/love Deion

Obviously that provides some sort of reference to the type of person you could be

Can you help enlighten me more?

Whats with the smiley?

lost for words?

Is it me selling you on an elite athlete 

Think I should just ignore comments about "tackling"?

Im under the impression that you do not like/love Deion

Obviously that provides some sort of reference to the type of person you could be

Can you help enlighten me more?

Whats with the smiley?
You glean a lot from a smiley. Do tell, what type of person is he?

You glean a lot from a smiley. Do tell, what type of person is he?
If he messaged me  Id tell him

Rest assured I didnt raise the boy, so it doesnt matter to you what I believe

Its hard to comprehend something at times

But I said "Im under the impression"  

If the impression is wrong?  Its not relevant to any point

less talk,  more work !

When I post I enjoy breaking things up so its easier for most to grasp

Im not just friendly to intelligent folks (like yourself)

Back to the subject for a minute..

I really miss/missed seeing some players because of retirement..

Trust me I realize we all have different tastes, likes/dislikes..  

But, personally I enjoy seeing the greats  (happy their willing to continue working if ya will)

Can we agree its mostly all scripted?

Heres the list of questions we will be asking/reading..

I cringe when I have to listen to Deion or Irvin. Irvin is such a homer but he just yells and talks loud, talking over guys like Faulk who actually have well thought out points. I remember watching Deion interviewing guys on draft night, it was horrible. It's like he was there to ask them questions and had no idea what questions to ask.

Both were great players though.

Guys hating on Deion the announcer..

Im curious if ya enjoy Howie and Terry

More specifically, when they were starting out in broadcast.

https://youtu.be/VQ0292GRh00

Real deal n its RAW..

The man could do just about everything at an elite level  (cept maybe passing)

But theres guys playing MLB who have some of us baffled how they miss a tackle..

Dude did punt returns..

ya remember watching guys lit up for reals.

I dont even wanna think about seein some poor guy rasin  his hand slightly w/ a wave

And what happened next   (It makes me weak in the knees kinda)

Now its fun to raz the guy, but lets not get too crazy

Dudes a legend in my book
None of your poems rhyme...

When I post I enjoy breaking things up so its easier for most to grasp
It's actually harder....and wastes precious space. Sorry to disappoint. TZ Markie is just as guilty as you though, so you're not alone.

I think the coke screwed Irving up. Sanders thinks he's God, and everyone should pander to him. I usually switch when they began to speak. Both could easily be replaced imo.

if his segments with Michael Irvin were transcribed, I imagine they would basically be crayon scribbles all over a piece of scrap paper

So Deion got into it with Kevin Byard on Twitter and called him a fan quoting writers apparently not knowing who he is. Can this guy not be on TV talking about the NFL please?

So Deion got into it with Kevin Byard on Twitter and called him a fan quoting writers apparently not knowing who he is. Can this guy not be on TV talking about the NFL please?
Deion really embarrassed himself with that twitter exchange. As an analyst who gets paid for this stuff, how do you not know who an All Pro safety is?

Users who are viewing this thread