What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A-List Celebrity To Be Outed As A Sexual Predator (1 Viewer)

I know that the overwhelming majority of accounts of abuse (95+ % ) are true and should be treated as such unless there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Sorry that some breakup texts don't qualify.  It's not about the breakup, it's about the abuse. 
95+%

really dude, Jesus H Christ

We know enough, even if only 70% is true, to say "#### Chris Hardwick" and "Chris Hardwick is an #######" which all I've been saying from the start. I'm not asking for a court of law. 

If you read her account and think anything but "this guy is a ####" or worse if you think "I don't believer her", we're probably not going to get anywhere here anyway.  
So even if she lies about 30% we are still cool with trashing him and ruining his career?  Keep posting dude you are looking completely ridiculous. 

Sticking to just her article - where was the sexual abuse? 
The 'starfishing' sounds terrible on her end. I'm not really here to argue about whether it would meet the legal definitions, I'm just here to say the man who expects/enjoys it is an #######. 

We know enough, even if only 70% is true, to say "#### Chris Hardwick" and "Chris Hardwick is an #######" which all I've been saying from the start. I'm not asking for a court of law. 

If you read her account and think anything but "this guy is a ####" or worse if you think "I don't believer her", we're probably not going to get anywhere here anyway.  
You keep saying you "know".

When you find yourself falling back on twitter and instagram posts, perhaps it is time to reconsider the strength of your position/knowledge?

Last edited by a moderator:
The 'starfishing' sounds terrible on her end. I'm not really here to argue about whether it would meet the legal definitions, I'm just here to say the man who expects/enjoys it is an #######. 
But that’s what we are talking about here - she made the claim it was sexual abuse and that’s what is causing his employment opportunities to reconsider things with him.

Nothing she posted indicates sexual abuse occurred at all.

Hardwick appears to be a controlling #####, but not a sexual predator, so why is he being talked about in this thread? 
I actually agree with this. 

You keep saying you "know".

When you find yourself falling back on twitter and instagram posts, perhaps it is time to reconsider the strength of your position/knowledge?
I believe the victim. I posted one corroboration of her account from twitter, everything else is just her account of the relationship not Twitter or Instagram. I'm not sure why you're focusing so much on the Twitter stuff, unless I missed something.  

I believe the victim. I posted one corroboration of her account from twitter, everything else is just her account of the relationship not Twitter or Instagram. I'm not sure why you're focusing so much on the Twitter stuff, unless I missed something.  
You haven't established who the victim is here.

But that’s what we are talking about here - she made the claim it was sexual abuse and that’s what is causing his employment opportunities to reconsider things with him.

Isn't it right in there that she said many times that she didn't want the sex or wasn't in the mood for it, but he demanded it anyway?

Post another corroboration from someone that hasn't screwed her

Honest question - why do you think she is a victim?

Also - the one corroboration is her current boyfriend. Unfortunately that’s not really an unbiased source.

Lololololololololol

you didn't even read the links.  Sweet try googling it. 
Huh? It says by one study (which I linked to) it's at 4%. The second link shows A further US and European have found 2 and 6%.  The second one also gets into the ramifications of it which you are a prime example of here. You're not even attempting to add to this conversation 

Honest question - why do you think she is a victim?
Because every thing in her long, detailed account is consistent with victims of abuse and false reports of abuse are very low. It is extremely difficult for victims of abuse to speak out and they usually have more to lose than to gain, which to be honest based on the response in here is probably the case with Chloe Dykstra as well. 

I do feel like I stumbled into an opposite thread of sorts.  I have 0 clue who these people are, and maybe just put aside this specific case.  Are there posters in here that are arguing that people who are abused don't go back to their abusers, and if they do that the responsibility is solely on them?  

ETA:  or that somebody that maybe has little self worth might enter into a sketchy relationship not thinking about how bad it really might get?

Is this a negative push back from dudes on the metoo movement or something, like the pendulum has swung too far the other way and we are coming to the side of the guys because we are seeing them lose their jobs and status?  

I do feel like I stumbled into an opposite thread of sorts.  I have 0 clue who these people are, and maybe just put aside this specific case.  Are there posters in here that are arguing that people who are abused don't go back to their abusers, and if they do that the responsibility is solely on them?  

ETA:  or that somebody that maybe has little self worth might enter into a sketchy relationship not thinking about how bad it really might get?

Is this a negative push back from dudes on the metoo movement or something, like the pendulum has swung too far the other way and we are coming to the side of the guys because we are seeing them lose their jobs and status?  
Do abused women try and go back after 7 months?

Yes.  Why do you think there is a time frame on this cycle?   I have known people that have done just that.  Even a year or two later.

The damaging things about these relationships is the toll it takes on the abusers self worth, and how it isolates them from family and friends.  If somebody doesn't have a strong support base, the abuser comes back into their lives, says they have changed, etc, etc..   You get the point.  

This is so much more common than you think and the fact you are so dumb-struck by it is why you probably shouldn't be participating in this discussion. You have absolutely no clue about how messed up abusive relationships can become.

This is so much more common than you think and the fact you are so dumb-struck by it is why you probably shouldn't be participating in this discussion. You have absolutely no clue about how messed up abusive relationships can become.
Clearly I should leave it to the experts like yourself.  

While I’d probably like my odds defending him at a trial for rape versus prosecuting him, certainly some things she wrote indicates sexual abuse may have occurred. 

Northern Voice said:
She gave a detailed account of 3 years of abuse. 
Ummm.... okay..... 

....and that belongs in a "sexual predator" thread because....?
Hey, I'd be OK with having separate threads for "Celebrity Convicted Rapists" (Bill Cosby, maybe soon to be Harvey Weinstein), "Celebrity Sexual Harassers" (Charlie Rose), "Celebrity Pervs" (Louis CK), and "Celebrity Relationship Abusers" (Hardwick), but I'm perfectly fine with lumping them all together in one thread.

Hey, I'd be OK with having separate threads for "Celebrity Convicted Rapists" (Bill Cosby, maybe soon to be Harvey Weinstein), "Celebrity Sexual Harassers" (Charlie Rose), "Celebrity Pervs" (Louis CK), and "Celebrity Relationship Abusers" (Hardwick), but I'm perfectly fine with lumping them all together in one thread.
Your list reminds me of "which one of these things is not like the others" questions. 

Your list reminds me of "which one of these things is not like the others" questions. 
Each one of these guys is the answer to the question "which one is not like the others" -- 

Cosby is different because he drugged his victims and, in theory, did not threaten them or force them to have sex.

Weinstein is different because he's the only one on the list who actually blackmailed and threatened women into sex-for-employment.

Rose is different because he never actually engaged in a sex act with any of the women he harassed.

CK is different because he "only" masturbated.

Hardwick is different because his girlfriend gave consent.

But every one of them is on the sexual predator spectrum.

Im too lazy to google this starfish. Can it be explained here without Joe banning any words with star in it?

Marital relations between man and woman, only one of whom is truly interested. The other party just lies there like said aquatic life form and allows the act to proceed without being truly engaged. Trying to describe the other probably won't fly.

Can we all agree that there are ####ed up, manipulative human beings? Can we then also agree that sometimes two of them can end up in a relationship together? If we can agree on those two very general statements, can we then come to an agreement that sometimes both sides did ####ty things? Rape and abuse are terrible crimes, however, there are often two sides of a story and this appears to be an accusation of abuse with little substantiation. I hope both parties receive the assistance that they may need, but don't think this should be tried in the court of public opinion. This is a dangerous trend of mob justice.

Have there been times when my wife and I have had sex and she wasn’t into it? Yep! Have there been times when my wife wanted to have sex with me and I wasn’t into it but did so anyways? Yep! How is this Hardwick story any different? They were in a 3 year relationship, basically marriage. This seems nothing like sexual abuse. 

Have there been times when my wife and I have had sex and she wasn’t into it? Yep! Have there been times when my wife wanted to have sex with me and I wasn’t into it but did so anyways? Yep! How is this Hardwick story any different? They were in a 3 year relationship, basically marriage. This seems nothing like sexual abuse. 
The sex is just a minor part of the story, the emotional abuse over the term of the relationship is the bigger issue. It's being discussed in here because it's at least adjacent to the similar celebrity ####### stories not because anyone is calling Hardwick a sexual predator. 

Everyone has flaws in their personalities. We as humans manipulate situations all the time to get outcomes we desire. Sometimes the manipulation is very conscious sometimes not. No relationship is perfect. There will always be situations or entire relationships that are unhealthy and it can go both ways. You can’t police the world towards perfect behavior. This is getting out of control imo. Rant to your friends and family and lean on them for support... that’s how you deal with a relationship like she described. You don’t post an article and make news of it. God forbid my ex wife were to do that and I was famous. Bottom line is we all have personality flaws and each of our relationships with other individuals can bring out any combination of outcomes. Human brain is complex and personalities just as complex. 

Everyone has flaws in their personalities. We as humans manipulate situations all the time to get outcomes we desire. Sometimes the manipulation is very conscious sometimes not. No relationship is perfect. There will always be situations or entire relationships that are unhealthy and it can go both ways. You can’t police the world towards perfect behavior. This is getting out of control imo. Rant to your friends and family and lean on them for support... that’s how you deal with a relationship like she described. You don’t post an article and make news of it. God forbid my ex wife were to do that and I was famous. Bottom line is we all have personality flaws and each of our relationships with other individuals can bring out any combination of outcomes. Human brain is complex and personalities just as complex. 
Or... just treat people well?

The difference is that there were no real consequences if you or your wife said "Not tonight honey."

But if Hardwick's ex had said "Not tonight", then she knew it would lead to a 5-hour argument where he berated her and gaslighted her and emotionally manipulated her.

When you say "Yes" to avoid being abused, then you're not really saying "Yes".

The difference is that there were no real consequences if you or your wife said "Not tonight honey."

But if Hardwick's ex had said "Not tonight", then she knew it would lead to a 5-hour argument where he berated her and gaslighted her and emotionally manipulated her.

When you say "Yes" to avoid being abused, then you're not really saying "Yes".
She was in a 3 year consensual relationship. I am failing to see the abuse that occurred. Having sex with your spouse/SO when you’re not into it does not equate to being abused. 

Again, a big part of the cycle of abuse is that these things are taken away.  

Just curious why you are so quick to put this #######'s behavior under the umbrella of "flaws in his personality" like this is a fairly natural and normal thing. 

She was in a 3 year consensual relationship. I am failing to see the abuse that occurred. Having sex with your spouse/SO when you’re not into it does not equate to being abused. 
You are focusing solely on the sexual and less on the emotional side of the abuse, and scooter described above exactly how your idea of "not tonight" and her's might have been different and gets into the sexual abuse side.  

Are you also saying that abuse can't happen in a consensual relationship?

Hardwick appears to be a controlling #####, but not a sexual predator, so why is he being talked about in this thread? 
Yeah, and I thought the thread was about A listers.  Is Hardwick an A-lister?  A weekly late night talk show [host] that has its fate tied to the success of a couple of cable shows.  

Users who are viewing this thread