What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

And then this happened....Adrian Peterson (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Adrian Peterson will undergo surgery to repair his torn meniscus on Thursday and will be out a "minimum" of 3-4 months.

Per Anderson, Peterson has what's known as a "bucket handle tear." He's likely headed to season-ending I.R. with a recovery that "usually" requires six months of rehab. At best, it sounds like Peterson could maybe play in the playoffs if the Vikings make it. But in all likelihood, this is Jerick McKinnon and Matt Asiata'a backfield the remainder of 2016. With just one year left on his contract and set to count $18 million against the cap in 2017, we may have seen Peterson's last carry in a Vikings uniform. He'll turn 32 next March with two serious knee injuries on his record. The Vikings can clear all $18 million off the salary cap by releasing Peterson after the season.

Did you mean to post this in the Shark Pool?

Glad you posted it here though, I hadn't heard this.  Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, meant to post it here since this is where I normally am. I will probably put up a post about trading to the AP owner since I got McKinnon off waivers.

What should us AP owners do? Should we just flat-out drop him (if we don't have IR spots) or try to sneak a trade to someone not yet aware of how long he's out? (I was lucky enough to get McKinnon off waivers but thinking of picking up Asiata too OR Dwayne Washington). 

Yeah, I mean, the news suggests dropping him. Asiata would be a good pick up but do you want to keep two guys on your roster that are in the same backfield? Dwayne Washington would be a good long-term prospect...will be interesting to see how he's used with Abdullah out. You can try and put him on the trade block or start talking to other owners quickly but that's kind of low-ball.

What should us AP owners do? Should we just flat-out drop him (if we don't have IR spots) or try to sneak a trade to someone not yet aware of how long he's out? (I was lucky enough to get McKinnon off waivers but thinking of picking up Asiata too OR Dwayne Washington). 
I would never advocate trying to sell him to someone who doesn't realize he's out for the year and tricking them into a trade.  BUT, you might find that there's an owner in the league who is willing to hold him on the chance that he returns early (remember how he came back from ACL surgery ahead of schedule a couple years ago?).  If there's an owner like that who's willing to gamble on him and throw you 0.25 cents on the dollar for him then that's better than dropping him.  

Otherwise, yes, sadly he is droppable.  I'd drop him for Washington if I owned him. 

I would never advocate trying to sell him to someone who doesn't realize he's out for the year and tricking them into a trade.  BUT, you might find that there's an owner in the league who is willing to hold him on the chance that he returns early (remember how he came back from ACL surgery ahead of schedule a couple years ago?).  If there's an owner like that who's willing to gamble on him and throw you 0.25 cents on the dollar for him then that's better than dropping him.  

Otherwise, yes, sadly he is droppable.  I'd drop him for Washington if I owned him. 
Thinking of doing this. I don't wanna trick anyone into a trade. I'll ask around but, in the meantime, I dropped my kicker to pickup Washington so no one else could  :whistle:

Thinking of doing this. I don't wanna trick anyone into a trade. I'll ask around but, in the meantime, I dropped my kicker to pickup Washington so no one else could  :whistle:
Not to derail the topic here, but I like what you did about dropping the kicker for a quick move.  You can always pick up a kicker last minute once more info comes out about the RB situations later in the week....Smart move there  :thumbup:

Not to derail the topic here, but I like what you did about dropping the kicker for a quick move.  You can always pick up a kicker last minute once more info comes out about the RB situations later in the week....Smart move there  :thumbup:
Thanks. Not sure why I didn't think of it sooner. 

Users who are viewing this thread