Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Outnumbered

Cooks, Maclin, Benjamin - which to trade?

Question

I've been offered DeAngelo (I have LeVeon), Tajae, and Josh Gordon FOR Cooks or T.Benjamin

- OR -

DeAngelo straight up for Maclin.

Which should I go with?

My gut is, moving forward both Cooks and TBenjamin will outperform Maclin, but a co-worker thinks Maclin will outperform TBenjamin...???

Non-PPR, bonus points for length of TD and scoring out of position (i.e. RB catching a TD pass), otherwise standard scoring.

My pertinent roster:

Jamaal, Leveon, Jennings, Vereen, Asiata

Cooks, Maclin, TBenjamin, Hurns, Goodwin, Hogan

TIA

(leave a link and I'll gladly answer yours)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

So he'll do Deangelo for Maclin, or Deangelo + Sharpe + Gordon for Benjamin?  I would do the second one all day long.  I like Maclin over Benjamin rest of the year. Tyrell Williams is gonna be the #1 in SD but Maclin is already the #1 in KC.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I think Benjamin and Maclin will be similar the rest of the year.  I don't think Williams is going to be the #1 in SD.  I think Benjamin can be used in more ways than Williams especially with Woodhead out.

Assuming your playoffs end in week 16, the Chiefs play the Broncos that week while the Chargers get the Browns.  KC's week 14-16 are Oak/Tenn/Den and SD's are Car/Oak/Cle.  SD does play Denver in weeks 6 and 8 and KC gets the Broncos one other time as well.  Obviously you need to make the playoffs and then get to the final for that matchup to matter.

It's a close call for me, but I'd lean toward the Maclin option since the QB situation in Cleveland is a mess and because of that Gordon might not be worth much this year.  If we knew that McCown was coming back soon, I'd do the first deal that includes Gordon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
23 hours ago, Outnumbered said:

I've been offered DeAngelo (I have LeVeon), Tajae, and Josh Gordon FOR Cooks or T.Benjamin

- OR -

DeAngelo straight up for Maclin.

Which should I go with?

My gut is, moving forward both Cooks and TBenjamin will outperform Maclin, but a co-worker thinks Maclin will outperform TBenjamin...???

Non-PPR, bonus points for length of TD and scoring out of position (i.e. RB catching a TD pass), otherwise standard scoring.

My pertinent roster:

Jamaal, Leveon, Jennings, Vereen, Asiata

Cooks, Maclin, TBenjamin, Hurns, Goodwin, Hogan

TIA

(leave a link and I'll gladly answer yours)

 

I would probably give away Benjamin for DeAngelo, Tajae, and Gordon.

That way you still have two number 1 WRs in Cooks & Maclin, Tajae Sharpe is getting a lot of targets, and Josh Gordon coming back Week 5 (huge upside)

And getting DeAngelo will give you insurance just in case Bell goes down with an injury.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I would take the trade and give away Maclin.  San Diego is a team that doesn't go conservative when they're up in score and KC is a conservative offense anyway. Rivers is the better QB and the better offense. Trade Maclin away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Deangelo tajae and Gordon for Benjamin imo

 

Means you've still got strong depth at wr, and the handcuff for bell in case anything goes wrong with rb, which seems to be often at the minute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Sorry, I think I read the trade wrong. Take the trade offering Gordon, Williams, and Sharpe and give up Travis Benjamin. I'm assuming you'd drop Hogan and Goodwin from your extra WR depth to make room for the trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 minutes ago, wheeleke said:

Sorry, I think I read the trade wrong. Take the trade offering Gordon, Williams, and Sharpe and give up Travis Benjamin. I'm assuming you'd drop Hogan and Goodwin from your extra WR depth to make room for the trade.

Yeah that was partly my dilemma too...who to drop if I accepted the 3 player trade.  Was wanting to hold on to Hogan long enugh to see how Brady would use him (potentially his only deep ball threat). Goodwin has upside but he can go, no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 minutes ago, Philthy said:

Does DeAngelo have that kind of trade weight with Bell returning? IF you can get anything for him, I'd jump on it.

I don't currently own DeAngelo...I would be getting him in the trade (and the other owner proposed these trades to me).

And yes, he'd be insurance for me after Bell returns (plus I'd get to play him instead of worthless RJennings this week! lol).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
23 hours ago, Outnumbered said:

I don't currently own DeAngelo...I would be getting him in the trade (and the other owner proposed these trades to me).

And yes, he'd be insurance for me after Bell returns (plus I'd get to play him instead of worthless RJennings this week! lol).

Ah yeah that makes sense. Sorry. I got confused :).

I'm not a big fan of handcuffing, tbh, but with Bell it isn't the worst idea. I still would probably do that first deal for Benjamin, since there's more value in there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.