What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cooks, Maclin, Benjamin - which to trade? (1 Viewer)

Outnumbered

Footballguy
I've been offered DeAngelo (I have LeVeon), Tajae, and Josh Gordon FOR Cooks or T.Benjamin

- OR -

DeAngelo straight up for Maclin.

Which should I go with?

My gut is, moving forward both Cooks and TBenjamin will outperform Maclin, but a co-worker thinks Maclin will outperform TBenjamin...???

Non-PPR, bonus points for length of TD and scoring out of position (i.e. RB catching a TD pass), otherwise standard scoring.

My pertinent roster:

Jamaal, Leveon, Jennings, Vereen, Asiata

Cooks, Maclin, TBenjamin, Hurns, Goodwin, Hogan

TIA

(leave a link and I'll gladly answer yours)

So he'll do Deangelo for Maclin, or Deangelo + Sharpe + Gordon for Benjamin?  I would do the second one all day long.  I like Maclin over Benjamin rest of the year. Tyrell Williams is gonna be the #1 in SD but Maclin is already the #1 in KC.  

We're both high on Benjamin...hence the over-the-top offer from him. I view him as having far greater upside/higher ceiling than Maclin...guess I'm wrong on that notion...?

I think Benjamin and Maclin will be similar the rest of the year.  I don't think Williams is going to be the #1 in SD.  I think Benjamin can be used in more ways than Williams especially with Woodhead out.

Assuming your playoffs end in week 16, the Chiefs play the Broncos that week while the Chargers get the Browns.  KC's week 14-16 are Oak/Tenn/Den and SD's are Car/Oak/Cle.  SD does play Denver in weeks 6 and 8 and KC gets the Broncos one other time as well.  Obviously you need to make the playoffs and then get to the final for that matchup to matter.

It's a close call for me, but I'd lean toward the Maclin option since the QB situation in Cleveland is a mess and because of that Gordon might not be worth much this year.  If we knew that McCown was coming back soon, I'd do the first deal that includes Gordon.

In their respective offenses, Benjamin has the higher ceiling/potential over Maclin...yes or no? Need a tiebreaker here, guys! lol

I've been offered DeAngelo (I have LeVeon), Tajae, and Josh Gordon FOR Cooks or T.Benjamin

- OR -

DeAngelo straight up for Maclin.

Which should I go with?

My gut is, moving forward both Cooks and TBenjamin will outperform Maclin, but a co-worker thinks Maclin will outperform TBenjamin...???

Non-PPR, bonus points for length of TD and scoring out of position (i.e. RB catching a TD pass), otherwise standard scoring.

My pertinent roster:

Jamaal, Leveon, Jennings, Vereen, Asiata

Cooks, Maclin, TBenjamin, Hurns, Goodwin, Hogan

TIA

(leave a link and I'll gladly answer yours)
I would probably give away Benjamin for DeAngelo, Tajae, and Gordon.

That way you still have two number 1 WRs in Cooks & Maclin, Tajae Sharpe is getting a lot of targets, and Josh Gordon coming back Week 5 (huge upside)

And getting DeAngelo will give you insurance just in case Bell goes down with an injury.

I would take the trade and give away Maclin.  San Diego is a team that doesn't go conservative when they're up in score and KC is a conservative offense anyway. Rivers is the better QB and the better offense. Trade Maclin away.

Deangelo tajae and Gordon for Benjamin imo

Means you've still got strong depth at wr, and the handcuff for bell in case anything goes wrong with rb, which seems to be often at the minute. 

Sorry, I think I read the trade wrong. Take the trade offering Gordon, Williams, and Sharpe and give up Travis Benjamin. I'm assuming you'd drop Hogan and Goodwin from your extra WR depth to make room for the trade.

Sorry, I think I read the trade wrong. Take the trade offering Gordon, Williams, and Sharpe and give up Travis Benjamin. I'm assuming you'd drop Hogan and Goodwin from your extra WR depth to make room for the trade.
Yeah that was partly my dilemma too...who to drop if I accepted the 3 player trade.  Was wanting to hold on to Hogan long enugh to see how Brady would use him (potentially his only deep ball threat). Goodwin has upside but he can go, no problem.

Does DeAngelo have that kind of trade weight with Bell returning? IF you can get anything for him, I'd jump on it.

Does DeAngelo have that kind of trade weight with Bell returning? IF you can get anything for him, I'd jump on it.
I don't currently own DeAngelo...I would be getting him in the trade (and the other owner proposed these trades to me).

And yes, he'd be insurance for me after Bell returns (plus I'd get to play him instead of worthless RJennings this week! lol).

I wouldn't mind parting with Benjamin for all that, but it depends on what you think Benjamin will do the ROS.

I don't currently own DeAngelo...I would be getting him in the trade (and the other owner proposed these trades to me).

And yes, he'd be insurance for me after Bell returns (plus I'd get to play him instead of worthless RJennings this week! lol).
Ah yeah that makes sense. Sorry. I got confused :).

I'm not a big fan of handcuffing, tbh, but with Bell it isn't the worst idea. I still would probably do that first deal for Benjamin, since there's more value in there

Users who are viewing this thread