What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kicker question...I know (1 Viewer)

Philthy

Footballguy
I hardly pay attention to kickers, so I could use some advice. Drop Catanzaro for Dan Bailey? Do we like Bailey this year? Do we think Catanzaro will emerge as a top-three kicker like last year?

Thanks.

The challenge with Cat is that his team typically scores TDs. In years passed I chased the Giants around as they seemed to have a good enough offense 20 to 20 but lacked that ability to punch it in routinely. That feels a bit like the Colts and Seattle this year but wouldn't be surprised if Dallas fits closer to that mold with the inexperience at QB and RB. Twist my arm, I'd pick Bailey because of that, but Cat will give you the higher floor.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/748405-wwyd-waiver-scenario-post-trade/

I've always believed in/had success with going after kickers that are high potent offenses as long as the kicker doesn't suck. This is a close one but I would go with Cat over Bailey because over the course of a season he is going to have more attempts at the plate so to speak than Bailey. 

Start the one with the foot on the end of his leg. If it costs anything to pick up a player in your league, don't do anything. Cat has a foot on his leg - he'll do.

This forum is no place for kickers. Come on, son. 

Y'all do know it's a total crap shoot, right? If the offense scores TDs your kicker sucks. If the offense stalls in the red zone, your kicker is awesome. 

Week after week, year after year, decade after decade, the highest scoring kicker in the NFL is ~20 points apart from the worst starting kicker in the NFL. 

Chasing kicker points is absurd, because you never know what is going to happen in the game. Draft a kicker - use him until his BYE, and add a different one. Never look back. 

If the offense turns out to be truly putrid, consider a change. 

Users who are viewing this thread