What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Huge WW Haul. Which RB to drop for Kicker? (1 Viewer)

saeborne

Footballguy
Hi all, thanks in advance for looking through this post.  12 team 0.5 ppr league, with two keepers per season.  I was able to snag pretty much everyone off the waiver wire this week.  From this huge bounty, I need to drop one guy, in order to pick up a kicker again.

First question, who do I drop?  Need to drop one 

Second question -  Which two of these RBs to I start?  In the draft, I went WR heavy.  My RB situation is a mess

Charles Sims vs LA

• Doug Martin went down for probably three weeks?
  • Should get a good share of the workload.  
  • Not seriously consider dropping him.
  • Seriously consider starting him.

Shane Vereen vs WAS

• Jennings has a thumb cast.  I suspect he will get his hand dinged up again during the game.
  • Good matchup against WAS woeful run D
  • Not seriously consider dropping him.
  • Seriously consider starting him.
Thomas Rawls vs SF

• Hasn't shown much this season.
  • Multiple injuries.  
  • Hope he gets back to last year's form, but Christine Michael may have already surpassed him.
  • Hate to drop him due to draft position, and name value.

Jeremy Hill vs Den

• Has become seriously touchdown dependent.
  • Definitely can't start him this week vs Den.
  • I would hate to drop him, but his ceiling is sort of a known quantity.  Not expecting much more than 10 points a game, and that's IF he gets a touchdown.

Devontae Booker @ Cin

• I have him flagged with Keeper status.
  • Huge lottery ticket if CJ Anderson goes down.
  • Can't drop him, right?

Kenjon Barner vs Pit

• I have him also flagged with Keeper status.
  • Lottery ticket if Ryan Matthews goes down, which is only a matter of time, right?  Has there ever been a season where Matthews played all 16 games?
  • Can't drop him, right?

Dwayne Washington @ GB

• Ameer Abdullah on IR. Should get much larger role.
  • Detroit is a competent offense that can move the ball.
  • Is he worth a start this week?
  • I also can't drop him, right?

Cameron Artis-Payne vs Min

• Jon Stewart estimated out for 3 weeks?  He's ahead of Fozzy Whitaker.
  • High powered offense, but will Cam eat into the rushing TDs?
  • Is he worth a start?
  • Can't drop him, right?

Other Positions:

QB:  I'm starting Matt Ryan.  In theory I could drop Matt Stafford.  BUT... next three week are rough for Matt Ryan... CAR, @ DEN, @ SEA.  Have to keep Stafford, right?

WR: I'm starting Julio, Amari Cooper, and Dez.  I could drop Golden Tate.  Is this the right move?  I will need a 4th WR to get through the bye week gauntlet.

A Two for One trade doesn't really help me, because I want to keep ALL of these RBs, not lose two of them.  Plus, I'm not looking for another WR.  Doubt anyone in my league would trade a stud RB for two of these lottery tickets.

Thanks again for looking through this.

I'd let Barner go, though I'm not too high on Artis-Payne. He's had chances like this before and has done nothing. Also, why do you think he's ahead of Whittaker? He's better at the ground and pound and may get the red zone touches, but I see Whittaker getting more of the overall touches with the success he had last week .

I'd definitely start Sims, and I guess I'd start Rawls, but watch the scouting report carefully. They won't push him harder than they have to with Michael there. Still, if he can play, he will. They are hurting at RB atm, with Prosise out.

i am in Detroit.... blah, blah, blah... Washington... but then they bring in Joique Bell for a look see. I don't think this is Dwayne's year with Riddick and Zenner and now maybe Bell if they get him. plus, Stafford is supposed to throw All day Long per the game plan. I would consider letting him slide. Barner, don't see keeping him, CAP, don't see him doing much. can't believe you have all these guys! who the heck did you drop to get all of them? Good luck!

. can't believe you have all these guys! who the heck did you drop to get all of them? Good luck!
To be fair, I drafted Rawls, Sims, Hill, Booker and Barner.

Waiver wire pick ups were CAP, D Washington, Dennis Pitta

As for who I dropped:

• Adam Vinatieri
  • Eli Rogers
  • Danny Woodhead
Good feedback from a detroit native.

Users who are viewing this thread