What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

D Johnson and Edelman for Elliot and Nelson (1 Viewer)

whoiskb

Footballguy
I started testing the waters to see what WR I could try to add to my team.  I ended up getting an offer of Elliot and Jordy for Johnson and Edelman.  

I think the RB's are a wash, both are young and promising.  I like the WR upgrade

Thoughts?  I will answer yours if you leave a link

10 team keeper league where we keep 4 people each year.  No contracts or weird rules to worry about.
.5 PPR with the rest is basic scoring

My team
QB: Roeth, Prescott
RB: D Johnson, Ingrahm, Mathews, Washington
WR: Marshall, Edelman, Crabtree, sanu, beasley, crowder
TE: Tamme
IR: K Allen

Two tier answer: 

1. Eliott and Johnson are not a wash - Johnson is a better RB, with less competition for carries and moreover isn't a rookie who's fumbled 2X in a game last week. Johnson is the better FFB commodity this year.   Nelson / Edelman is closer than some think - but IMO Nelson has looked slow in the first 2 games, and on the couple of plays Rodgers has tried to connect deep he's badly overthrown him. Those used to be the home run plays that made Nelson elite - now it looks like Nelson's wheels aren't what Rodgers is expecting when he lets go of the ball. That's a red flag to me, though I could be off base. 

2. In terms of being a keeper league, I agree age-wise DJ & Zeke are a wash. But Jordy Nelson is what, 31? Yeah - not a lot of keeper potential there. 

I dunno - I wouldn't make this trade. I'd be happy with DJohnson & Edelman. When Brady comes back, Edelman will go back to being a PPR monster and may even finish stronger than Nelson. 

I'd hold.  

Users who are viewing this thread