What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Houston at New England (1 Viewer)

it's like Houston never heard of Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, or ne's current boy wonder OC when they hired O'Brien

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad throw by Osweiller to Miller. He threw that ball way too hard and over Millers head. Lots of yards were there if he just took a bit off it.

Bad fantasy game maybe but these are the games I love watching hoodie coach because you can tell it is truly coaching and strategy that is leading to the result

How can you rule a turnover when you blow the whistle before the ball is recovered?
Thought that too, but the recovery was almost immediate. If the whistle came first, it was by an eyelash, and had zero impact on the recovery.

So while giving it to NE might have been technically wrong (I'm not 100% certain whistle was first), the Pats deserved the ball there by the spirit of the rule at least.

(And FTR....I'm easily for Houston in this one)

Romeo looks like a full sized Oompa Loompa who is upset that German kid got stuck in the chocolate river pipe

This kid is wicked hardcore.  With Jimmy G coming back and Tom set to return though....we don't need him as a 3rd stringer.  Think we can move him for a first rounder next year or maybe like Gurley on the Rams?  They need a QB.  Romo might be out for the year......think we can pry Dez away from them for him?

Thought that too, but the recovery was almost immediate. If the whistle came first, it was by an eyelash, and had zero impact on the recovery.

So while giving it to NE might have been technically wrong (I'm not 100% certain whistle was first), the Pats deserved the ball there by the spirit of the rule at least.

(And FTR....I'm easily for Houston in this one)
Whistle was blown repeatedly immediately after runner went down. 

This kid is wicked hardcore.  With Jimmy G coming back and Tom set to return though....we don't need him as a 3rd stringer.  Think we can move him for a first rounder next year or maybe like Gurley on the Rams?  They need a QB.  Romo might be out for the year......think we can pry Dez away from them for him?
Nah. Real football doesn't work like that.  More likely they get a mid draft pick somewhere.

Oof, rough start losing the fumble there. Charles James wouldn't normally have been there, would have been Braxton Miller handling that return.

Whistle was blown repeatedly immediately after runner went down. 
Yep...but a NE player also fielded the ball immediately. They ruled a clear recovery (which is what I thought I saw), not a recovery in a scrum. The NE player pounced on the ball immediately and then Houston players piled on. If the whistle came first (and it might have), it had ZERO impact on the actual recovery or Houstons opportunity to make one...which is the purpose of the whistle rule.

They MIGHT have broken the letter of the law awarding it to NE, but they certainly met the spirit. Too close to fight about as the Patriots clearly earned the turnover

Users who are viewing this thread