What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 4 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

Pre-emptive strikes - - -  Kenneth Farrow , Devontae Booker , Kenneth Dixon , Jordan Howard , Washington Defense

Kenneth Farrow - will be one injury away from immediate fantasy relevance. He is still largely going unnoticed, if you have a bench spot free, snap him up. He may well be droppable after this week, but he costs you zero at this point. My redraft league mates try and hoard up RBs, they watched me in action years ago. I have to stay a step ahead and this is the type of pickup that may turn out nice in the event of injury. Anyone have any injuries so far? I have, losing 2 startable RBs to IR in multiple leagues.

Devontae Booker - may well be the ultimate shark "hold".  CJ Anderson has gotten 20 touches each week thus far, and 3 or 4 catches each week as well. This is a big workload, and lets face it, the guy has had problems staying healthy. Its as if everyone is forgetting his nicked up times last season.  The Broncs schedule isn't the greatest, but that heavy workload would be nice down the stretch. This is the type of stash that can save you your season in the latter half, when all the injuries are taking place. "Solid RB 2" numbers are pure gold late season when the injuries are piling up. In this case, the workload alone may bring you that. Weeks 8-9-10 look especially juicy.

Kenneth Dixon - Has been dropped in many redraft leagues or was simply never drafted.   He is owned in only 12% of Yahoo leagues, and 14% of ESPN leagues, so he is available somewhere.  I hate the situation there with the carousel of Raven RBs, but the ones currently running the ball look awful. This may take a bit of faith and playing the waiting game, but in 4-5 weeks it could be solid.

Jordan Howard -  Langford's sloppy fumble didn't go unnoticed. I saw how bad it was live, and I am sure Fox (who was already grumbling the prior week) took note as well. I know everyone always talks about his non-faith and trust in rookies, but he was already voicing displeasure last week prior to that ugly fumble. The beat writers are expecting "more work" for Howard ,  and he has looked good in limited carries thus far. One more slip up from Langford, (combined with some good production from Howard) and I think he will be seeing Langford sit the bench soon. Lets face it, much of the reason we saw Langford last year is because he was essentially the "last man standing". He was never great by any stretch, merely sufficient. His playoff schedule is week 13 SF, week 14 DET , week 15 GB , week  16 WAS . I notice good schedules around that time of year, do you?

Washington Defense - Washington at home vs. the Cleveland Browns. You know, the team currently led by Cody Kessler , and without any good WRs. By week 4 they may sign someone, but if Kessler is still there it looks like a great WAS defense play.

Just checking boys......

Matt Stafford - He is owned in 87% of Yahoo leagues, and 84% of ESPN leagues. (I managed to get him last week in a single league, surprisingly enough)   He is taken in many of our leagues, sure. But his lackluster numbers last week may have led to a few drops in a some leagues. The box score doesn't show it, but he had  multiple TDs called back last week. His schedule looks great, an current RB issues will lead to a bunch of throwing. I suspect there is a league here or there where people don't have faith in him, I know he burned me a few years ago. But the situation looks too ripe this go around. Maybe you could trade for him on the cheap?  You won't be able to after another week or two.

Honorable mentions -

Robert Woods - (Sammy Watkins can't stay healthy, and there is rumblings of he may even be held out this week) Lets face it, the Bills are going to have to throw as they face AZ this week and the Pats the next.

Donte Moncrief - He has been outright dropped in some leagues I am in. When he returns , often he is a focal point of the offense.

Shaun Draughn - With 7 and 9 attempts the first two weeks, he does have a bit of a role (albeit small) already. He is going completely unnoticed everywhere. Hyde is another that can't stay healthy, and in the one league I own Hyde, I may well snag Draughn soon so everyone can laugh. The when Hyde gets hurt the laughing stops. Draughn was "usable"  for a few games last season.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
 Pre-emptive strikes - - -  Kenneth Farrow , Devontae Booker , Kenneth Dixon , Jordan Howard , Washington Defense

Kenneth Farrow - will be one injury away from immediate fantasy relevance. He is still largely going unnoticed, if you have a bench spot free, snap him up. He may well be droppable after this week, but he costs you zero at this point. My redraft league mates try and hoard up RBs, they watched me in action years ago. I have to stay a step ahead and this is the type of pickup that may turn out nice in the event of injury. Anyone have any injuries so far? I have, losing 2 startable RBs to IR in multiple leagues.

Devontae Booker - may well be the ultimate shark "hold".  CJ Anderson has gotten 20 touches each week thus far, and 3 or 4 catches each week as well. This is a big workload, and lets face it, the guy has had problems staying healthy. Its as if everyone is forgetting his nicked up times last season.  The Broncs schedule isn't the greatest, but that heavy workload would be nice down the stretch. This is the type of stash that can save you your season in the latter half, when all the injuries are taking place. "Solid RB 2" numbers are pure gold late season when the injuries are piling up. In this case, the workload alone may bring you that. Weeks 8-9-10 look especially juicy.

Kenneth Dixon - Has been dropped in many redraft leagues or was simply never drafted.   He is owned in only 12% of Yahoo leagues, and 14% of ESPN leagues, so he is available somewhere.  I hate the situation there with the carousel of Raven RBs, but the ones currently running the ball look awful. This may take a bit of faith and playing the waiting game, but in 4-5 weeks it could be solid.

Jordan Howard -  Langford's sloppy fumble didn't go unnoticed. I saw how bad it was live, and I am sure Fox (who was already grumbling the prior week) took note as well. I know everyone always talks about his non-faith and trust in rookies, but he was already voicing displeasure last week prior to that ugly fumble. The beat writers are expecting "more work" for Howard ,  and he has looked good in limited carries thus far. One more slip up from Langford, (combined with some good production from Howard) and I think he will be seeing Langford sit the bench soon. Lets face it, much of the reason we saw Langford last year is because he was essentially the "last man standing". He was never great by any stretch, merely sufficient. His playoff schedule is week 13 SF, week 14 DET , week 15 GB , week  16 WAS . I notice good schedules around that time of year, do you?

Washington Defense - Washington at home vs. the Cleveland Browns. You know, the team currently led by Cody Kessler , and without any good WRs. By week 4 they may sign someone, but if Kessler is still there it looks like a great WAS defense play.

Just checking boys......

Matt Stafford - He is owned in 87% of Yahoo leagues, and 84% of ESPN leagues. (I managed to get him last week in a single league, surprisingly enough)   He is taken in many of our leagues, sure. But his lackluster numbers last week may have led to a few drops in a some leagues. The box score doesn't show it, but he had  multiple TDs called back last week. His schedule looks great, an current RB issues will lead to a bunch of throwing. I suspect there is a league here or there where people don't have faith in him, I know he burned me a few years ago. But the situation looks too ripe this go around. Maybe you could trade for him on the cheap?  You won't be able to after another week or two.

Honorable mentions -

Robert Woods - (Sammy Watkins can't stay healthy, and there is rumblings of he may even be held out this week) Lets face it, the Bills are going to have to throw as they face AZ this week and the Pats the next.

Donte Moncrief - He has been outright dropped in some leagues I am in. When he returns , often he is a focal point of the offense.

Shaun Draughn - With 7 and 9 attempts the first two weeks, he does have a bit of a role (albeit small) already. He is going completely unnoticed everywhere. Hyde is another that can't stay healthy, and in the one league I own Hyde, I may well snag Draughn soon so everyone can laugh. The when Hyde gets hurt the laughing stops. Draughn was "usable"  for a few games last season.

TZM
thanks bud.  Good stuff.

Just checking boys......

Honorable mentions -

TZM
Great write up. In regards to Howard, unfortunately, he was already scooped up in the bulk of my leagues.  

I think that primetime MNF game shined a big spotlight on Langford & that he just didn't look that good. Also, it appears likely that Fox might prefer Howard's style to Langford's. 

I agree with you that if he's available, scoop him up. 

Cheers

They signed Charlie Whitehurst "Cilpboard Jesus" last week.

Tyler Ervin - HOU RB

Lamar Miller was banged up. Looked sluggish and no explosion. At one point he was on the trainers table. Either they start limiting his touches, or he's going to break down quick.

it seemed like an RBBC late in the game, but maybe take a flier or a guy like Ervin? We've seen what Blue/Grimes/etc have to offer and it ain't much.

If Chris Hogan is available, I'm liking his outlook when Brady comes back. The guy gives it his all on every play (much like Edelman) but not as elusive. They have a lot of mouths to feed in that passing game with Gronk, Bennett and Edelman, but I think Hogan could reasonably end with 80-100 targets in this offense catching 50-60 (or more) for 800+ yards. If someone goes down (Gronk/Edelman have recent injuries), he would be a big addition.

Tommy Collins said:
If Chris Hogan is available, I'm liking his outlook when Brady comes back. The guy gives it his all on every play (much like Edelman) but not as elusive. They have a lot of mouths to feed in that passing game with Gronk, Bennett and Edelman, but I think Hogan could reasonably end with 80-100 targets in this offense catching 50-60 (or more) for 800+ yards. If someone goes down (Gronk/Edelman have recent injuries), he would be a big addition.
Under the Helmet, Chad Parsons, Katie and Tim have been touting him since the off-season.

TZMarkie said:
 Honorable mentions -

intriqued by woods based on his prior production when given a decent work load, picked him up after week 1 games but dropped him after week 2 oblivion. glad i'm not the only one seeing a possible opportunity here, he's no watkins but there's a decent, steady wr3 opportunity here.

TZMarkie said:
 Pre-emptive strikes - - -  Devontae Booker , Kenneth Dixon , Jordan Howard

TZM
I lopped Farrow off because he's not in the same class of talent or opportunity ATM.

Been eyeing these 3 since the NFL draft.

Howard is clearly outplaying Langford and getting positive press for his practice this week. I picked him up (along with DET Washington) this week because the window is rapidly closing. Not a good offense and it's questionable how good the situation is, but I could def see him becoming the lead back sooner rather than later.

Booker is not in line to become the lead back, but the situation is irresistible. If CJA gets dinged at all this year, Devontae will become an instant top 5 RB. And they do keep giving him a small role as the COP and he's done well since he fumbled the first carry of his career.

Dixon should get plenty of chances to take the job away from Forsett and West once he's healthy. I actually drafted him the same weekend he tore his MCL, cut him for Ware.

ldizzle said:
Tyler Ervin - HOU RB

Lamar Miller was banged up. Looked sluggish and no explosion. At one point he was on the trainers table. Either they start limiting his touches, or he's going to break down quick.

it seemed like an RBBC late in the game, but maybe take a flier or a guy like Ervin? We've seen what Blue/Grimes/etc have to offer and it ain't much.
It's amazing how some people can see something so different.  I thought Miller was the one bright spot of the Texans offense.  He gained over 100 yards against a very good defense with a shaky offensive line.

RBBC?  only if miller is hurt and he came back.  he didn't come off the field in the !Q and had 12 carries

also grimes had the most snaps besides miller I think

I picked up Jordan earlier this week.

Not used at all week 1, looked good week 2 and looked great in preseason. As poor as Langford in I think this slowly morphs into full blown rbbc with Jordan having more upside.

Hoping he can be a nice depth add for the second half of the season.

intriqued by woods based on his prior production when given a decent work load, picked him up after week 1 games but dropped him after week 2 oblivion. glad i'm not the only one seeing a possible opportunity here, he's no watkins but there's a decent, steady wr3 opportunity here.
You guys prefer Robert Woods over Marquise Goodwin?

On the Houston players from a Texans fan...Griffin is an outright aberration and I wouldn't read into his targets or usage at all. He'll regress right back to 2-4 targets per game promptly.

True, Osweiler looked awful last night and Fuller had some problematic drops but I think you should see a return to norm for most of the usual suspects. Hopkins will be fine. Miller is worrisome because of his lack of TDs thus far, but if he goes down it's Blue/Grimes long before Ervin and especially after Ervin fumbled last night. Fuller will be somewhere between where he's been the first two weeks and last night and settle in around 60-70 yards a game with a spot TD here and there with drops here and there though not as many as last night.

TE Cameron Brate now that ASJ is likely suspended for his DUI?

And if so, do you like his upside more than Pitta, Tamme, James or even Hunter Henry in SD now that Gates is injured?

ldizzle said:
Tyler Ervin - HOU RB

Ervin is going to have to work his way out of the dog house if he is going to be the backup, but I'm with you.  I actually drafted Ervin as Miller's handcuff.  However, last night during the brief knee scare, I went and also added Grimes just to make sure I'm covered.  

I don't think there's any doubt it would be an RBBC if Miller were to go down.  It looks like they trust Grimes in the hurry up and on passing downs.  Ervin is a passing down type of back, so I think he would get some work but the lead back (if you can even call it that) seems like it would be Grimes.  Yes, we have seen the Blue/Grimes combo in the past and no one is excited about it.  The real answer may be just that, if Miller goes down, there is no one to get excited about in that backfield.

And if so, do you like his upside more than Pitta, Tamme, James or even Hunter Henry in SD now that Gates is injured?
I prefer Pitta.  I like Brate but I think his upside is basically what Pitta actually is.  

In dynasty and redraft, I would rank all those other guys ahead of Brate.

ldizzle said:
Tyler Ervin - HOU RB

Ervin is going to have to work his way out of the dog house if he is going to be the backup, but I'm with you.  I actually drafted Ervin as Miller's handcuff.  However, last night during the brief knee scare, I went and also added Grimes just to make sure I'm covered.  

I don't think there's any doubt it would be an RBBC if Miller were to go down.  It looks like they trust Grimes in the hurry up and on passing downs.  Ervin is a passing down type of back, so I think he would get some work but the lead back (if you can even call it that) seems like it would be Grimes.  Yes, we have seen the Blue/Grimes combo in the past and no one is excited about it.  The real answer may be just that, if Miller goes down, there is no one to get excited about in that backfield.

after getting quite a few snaps in week 1, i was pretty excited about ervin's prospects this season. thought he could develop into a sneaky woodhead type to minimize the wear and tear on lamar miller.

not sure what doghouse phoenix is talkin about, but he had already lost playing time before his fumble last night. he went from being the passing game RB in week 1 to nothin more than a special team guy in weeks 2 & 3. and rewarded the team with a fumble...

so it's not a like an artis-payne sitation where an injury means he'll be active. he's already active and they're not attempting to develop him or see what he can do as a woodhead type.

looks like the team saw some things they didn't like in week 1 and the immediate situation isn't great.

It's amazing how some people can see something so different.  I thought Miller was the one bright spot of the Texans offense.  He gained over 100 yards against a very good defense with a shaky offensive line.
Agree. Houston's offensive line looks horrible right now and their passing game isn't scaring anyone. Miller looks to me like he's making gold from straw with that line IMO.

Reports have come out that Sammy Watkins had his "foot stepped on" in a walkthrough, and he missed every practice this week.

Do I "LIKE" Robert Woods? Well, I wouldn't go that far, but it is exactly the type scenario that I outlined above that may get Woods to be more interesting.

You would have to be in a bad spot to have to depend on Woods, but if Watkins misses time then you would have to think Woods would give serviceable numbers.

I actually own Watkins in 3 leagues, and I have not been stoked about him and his whole situation since day 1. The team looks worse and worse, and even though I have LeSean McCoy in another league (where I have lost 2 other RBs too!) I am at a point where I am wanting to cut bait with every Buffalo Bills player and just be done with it. I wouldn't blame anyone if they tried to trade every single Bills player on their roster, and try and get cheap value elsewhere. Its starting to look that bad.

We all know Watkins' ceiling, and its top 5-ish WR, but its looking more and more like its never going to happen.

The interesting thing is, IF he does get healthy (hopefully he does, I pray for him to sit this week) he may well be a great start in coming weeks.

It really is becoming a headache though.

TZM

Agree. Houston's offensive line looks horrible right now and their passing game isn't scaring anyone. Miller looks to me like he's making gold from straw with that line IMO.
Houstons troubles on O are a bit surprising. The NE D is good but it's not that good. 

ldizzle said:
Tyler Ervin - HOU RB

RBBC? lol!!! 

Terrelle Pryor if he starts at QB in Week 4. Could be a Joe Webb v2.0 situation where he has QB eligibility and can be started as a WR, and tons of garbage potential on a Browns team that projects to be down late in games.

Jimmy graham.  I couldn't believe he was on my site prior to week 3.  But he was and I snagged him as soon as I hear them talking him up in Seattle this week.  He looks healthy, he just dropped 100 and a touch on SF, and coaches made good on their promise to get him involved.  He could finally realize his potential that he had on the saints in Seattle.  

Jimmy graham.  I couldn't believe he was on my site prior to week 3.  But he was and I snagged him as soon as I hear them talking him up in Seattle this week.  He looks healthy, he just dropped 100 and a touch on SF, and coaches made good on their promise to get him involved.  He could finally realize his potential that he had on the saints in Seattle.  
I dropped him for Rudolph. I'm not that upset about it.

Tyler Ervin - HOU RB

Ervin blows. If Miller is ever out you'll have a miserable RBBC of Grimes, Blue, and either Ervin or Akeem Hunt. Personally I like Hunt better and wouldn't even have wasted a pick on Ervin.

Terrell Pryor obvious here.....just can't get past the thought that it's a one game wonder thing before anything is on tape.  And Gordon back soon.

Smallwood? Or is that a rb situation we should all avoid?
Sproles, Smallwood, Green-Beckham or Agholor might be good add's as Wentz is looking good however they have a week 4 bye so there shouldn't be any rush for them. Siemian might be worth picking up as he seems to be getting better every week while other QB's like Osweiler flounder.  Doyle no longer appears to be a one week wonder and Brate gets an upgrade with ASJ gone.

Smallwood? Or is that a rb situation we should all avoid?
I think he's at least a speculative add, and potentially gold. Reason being, heard on local radio last night Mathews might have something up with his ankle, which we'll get some clarity on hopefully soon with the Pederson presser today. Even if not during the presser, it's Ryan Mathews. If you have bench space to hold through the bye, this is when you could possibly buy for $1 in FAAB with the bye in Week 4 and non-clarity on Mathews turning potential bidders off for the early Week 4 WW run for the time being.

ETA: Link to support speculation on ankle: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20160926_Is_Ryan_Mathews_injured_.html

So far it looks like it's going to be a fairly quiet week overall.  Some of the better opportunities may come this week after owners start dropping players to add someone to cover byes.

For whatever reason Cousins continues to look for Jamison Crowder.  Tied with Jordan Reed for the team high in targets and Doctson was inactive yesterday.  Plus Wash is not going to run the ball anytime soon.

I think you could do worse for a PPR WR fill in.

Users who are viewing this thread