What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who to Drop to Pick Up Doug Martin? (1 Viewer)

edwardpig

Footballguy
I've got a crazy situation in a league.  Short bench, half-point PPR.

Some owner dropped Doug Martin (don't ask me why; he's still got Adrian Peterson, James Starks and Shaun Freakin' Hill on his roster).  I'm going to put in a FAAB bid for him, but I can't decide who to drop.  League starts 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR flex, 1WR/TE flex, K, DST.  6 player bench.  My roster (other than K, DST) is:

QB:Stafford

RB: C.J. Anderson, DeAngelo Williams, Ware, Charles, Gore

WR: ARob, Marshall, Marvin, Tyrell Williams, Enunwa

TE: Delanie, Eifert

With a lineup which features up to 4 WR each week, and at most 2RB, running backs don't have as much value. I've tried to trade the package of Ware/Charles for a stud WR, but do far there is no interest.  I also tried to trade Ware/Charles for LeVeon Bell, but was refused.  And unfortunately, as long as Martin is available on waivers, I doubt anyone will be willing to give up anything of value for any of my RB.

So . . . I don't think I want to drop Tyrell or Enunwa for Martin, because that would make my roster even more RB-heavy than it already is.  So I think I need to drop either DWill or Gore.  The tradeoff is obvious: I want DWill in my starting lineup this week, but Gore is likely the better option ROS.

Suggestions? Of course, I think it's quite likely someone outbids me for Martin, but I need to put in a bid anyway.  Which back do I designate as a drop?

Don't drop Deangelo.  If the Bell owner won't trade Bell to you, then see if you can trade DWill to the Bell owner.  Package DWill and Marvin Jones for somebody like Cooks or Dez or Marshall, and then drop Enunwa. 

I think your least valuable guys are Williams or Enunwa.  With only being able to start 2 RB I would simply drop Gore for Martin if you like Martin better for the long haul.  

Users who are viewing this thread