What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stefon Diggs Trade Value?? (1 Viewer)

OldTomMesko

Footballguy
I really like Diggs, and have since he was at UMD. I could see him turning into Antonio Brown lite. Not nearly as dominant, but similar enough to become (at best) a top 10 WR. I tried to get him from an owner in my league (keeper), but the owner was insistent that Diggs is now "the man" and the best in football. He said that AB is past his best days and that OBJ was a flash in the pan and that this is basically now Diggs' league and wouldn't take anything less than Antonio Brown PLUS other pieces for Diggs. I chuckled and promptly ended those talks. Not now, not never would I make a deal like that. 

It makes me wonder, what is the actual value of Diggs? What is the most you would be willing to give up for him? I think he has a high ceiling, but he's only been "elite" for two games. Thoughts, everyone? 

He had a couple of big games last year and then disappeared.  He is on a team that is built on defense and taking care of the football.  I don't see him as having top 10 potential.  I'll throw out a few younger WR:

I'll take Kelvin Benjamin over him

He might be comparable to Davante Parker, who looks like has a boat load of talent but is always and I mean always hurt

I'll take Jordan Matthews over him but I don't think that gap is huge

Moncrief who is now hurt is somebody that might be a reasonable target

I want some of whatever that guy in your league is smoking. I think Diggs is plenty talented enough to be a WR2 even with Bradford throwing him the ball this year.  We've seen lots of good fantasy WRs with mediocre QBs.  But he's gotta string together more than 2 good games to be considered elite.  I have Diggs in a keeper league (can only keep him for the next 2 years) and I'm trying to fully assess his value as well.  

I'd take Kelvin Benjamin, Amari Cooper, Cooks, Decker, Moncrief over him.  He'd be ahead of Jordan Matthews and Edelman for me, but it's close.  

I want some of whatever that guy in your league is smoking. I think Diggs is plenty talented enough to be a WR2 even with Bradford throwing him the ball this year.  We've seen lots of good fantasy WRs with mediocre QBs.  But he's gotta string together more than 2 good games to be considered elite.  I have Diggs in a keeper league (can only keep him for the next 2 years) and I'm trying to fully assess his value as well.  

I'd take Kelvin Benjamin, Amari Cooper, Cooks, Decker, Moncrief over him.  He'd be ahead of Jordan Matthews and Edelman for me, but it's close.  

I could see someone moving Decker for him.  Really, the others I agree would cost more than Diggs.  Jordan Matthews to me seems like a good comparable.

In a keeper, yeah, I could see Decker go for him due to age.  Matthews does seem like the best comparable for him the more I think about it. And I don't know anyone who plays fantasy who would use Jordan Matthews and Antonio Brown in the same sentence in terms of fantasy value. 

Users who are viewing this thread