What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Start Dwayne Washington (Det) vs. the Packers (1 Viewer)

Start Dwayne Washington (Det) vs. the Packers

• Total voters

Dismattle

Footballguy
The actual forum post for Swaggy Dwayne started derailing some based in part on this weeks matchup..

We might fare better posting here for a day..

While the poll is stupid - you play him if he is a good option for a particular team - I did add him last week but right now can play him at RB2 over one of the ATL rbs (David Johnson is RB1)

I am hoping to play him IF he gets to the point where he is getting enough carries - hopefully for late bye weeks

First off  I gotta tell ya   Its near impossible for someone to make me change my mind..

However, I do sometimes learn if you will, when I start putting pen to paper.

(Firm believer in first thought is usually right too)

Heres the deal,,  Were either stuck on usage, and/or Green Bay.

This is a Divisional game!  The worst Teams will dig for extra in such games (Black n Blue Division no less)

Dwayne is/was the Goal Line back before any injuries..  Did ya hear the Zenner hype?  Yeah, this guy hurdled him for GL work

IF GB is as good defensively as some believe?  Why not test the waters..

Theres not a lot of options for For eight weeks..

Did Abdullah "roll" his ankle?  Replacement time is eight weeks minimum (Lions could already be looking forward)

Riddick has a role, and will maintain it..

This is a back that can take it to the house 

This guy is a pile mover too   When the potential exists for big points inside the 20 (our guy is probably in the backfield)

GB finally gets their passing game going some!  They expect Detroit more than likely to pass, and play the pass..

Dwayne averaged 6 ypc in college   60 yds on the ground w/ two TD's

I shoulda played him over Miller, but nobody starts over my Zeke!

Your post is redundant to a degree, but appreciated none the less!

Captain Hook said:
While the poll is stupid - you play him if he is a good option for a particular team - I did add him last week but right now can play him at RB2 over one of the ATL rbs (David Johnson is RB1)

I am hoping to play him IF he gets to the point where he is getting enough carries - hopefully for late bye weeks
The same philosophy Im going with.  Starting Ingram, Hyde and Crowell over him this week in a 16 team league. Guess we will wait and see after this week.

Love people fall over themselves to post a poll... only thing missing is a "I'm starting Dwayne Washington over _______ " thread. There's plenty of people talking about if they are starting him and who they are starting him over in his actual thread.

You shouldn't be starting him unless you're out of other options... like me

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets just consider that "some" Gurus are right and Hyde barely squeaks in to the Top 32 for RB's

Wouldnt it be worth considering Dwayne showing out like hes the best Rookie in the NFL?

It is only 2 weeks played so far so still early for evaluation of match ups.

That said the Packers are leading the league in run defense after two games by a pretty wide margin. They have only allowed 78 rushing yards so far playing against the Jaguars and the Vikings. The league average is 209 yards.

This is 39 rushing yards/game so far, the league average is 101.6

They have allowed 1.6 ypc the league average is 3.9 ypc

Until a team runs the ball well against GB I think they need to be considered the worst match up for gaining rushing yards in the league right now.

As a whole the NFL has been defending the run a bit better over the first two weeks than they did on average in 2015 by .2 ypc and 8 yards per game. So I would expect those averages to slip as more games are played and that will include Green Bay but for now this is not a match up you want to try to break the mold with.

Washington can contribute as a receiver, so there is some reason for optimism there, however Riddick is going to get the majority of those opportunities. I think you are setting yourself up for failure thinking about starting Washington against the Packers this week.

You are completely guessing at how the Detroit coaching staff MIGHT use him.  Tough matchup and there has been no indication that he will do more than spell Riddick.  Unless you are desperate, I would rather see him have a monster game on my bench than 2 points in my lineup.

First off  I gotta tell ya   Its near impossible for someone to make me change my mind..

However, I do sometimes learn if you will, when I start putting pen to paper.

(Firm believer in first thought is usually right too)

This is a back that can take it to the house 

This guy is a pile mover too   When the potential exists for big points inside the 20 (our guy is probably in the backfield)

GB finally gets their passing game going some!  They expect Detroit more than likely to pass, and play the pass..

Dwayne averaged 6 ypc in college   60 yds on the ground w/ two TD's
First quote - were gonna start a GoFundMe for you and send you to an AMA Cogent Writing skills class. 

Second quote - yes, he can score from anywhere. He is NOT a pile mover. He has a body that looks like it is built for that - dude has a huge frame - but he ran like scat back avoiding contact in college. Took him two tries to score from the 6 inch line. But he is GL back as long as he holds on to the rock.

Rodgers has averaged 20 PPG versus Terryl Austin. GB hasn't had a 100 yard receiver v DET since 2013. If Taylor plays, he and Hyder will get a good push & collapse the pocket. The Lions have a major weakness at SS & OLB - expect a healthy dosage of targets for Cook & R Rodgers. Slay on Nelson and Diggs on Cobb are both advantage Detroit. PFF has been grading both of those guys in the top 6 the last 12-14 weeks of regular season play. Adams has the weak cover guy in Lawson but not sure they'll exploit that.

Cooter is not going to put the game in the hands of a rookie with a history of fumbling. He's got a role & it's expanding but this is a tough matchup for his first genuine opportunity for significant touches.

If he does poorly would you still hold? There's maybe one plus rushing matchup (WAS) in the next 8-9 weeks. If he surprises and excels, I'll be impressed. But it's a tough start to rationalize in any format, especially PPR.

If he surprises and excels, I'll be impressed. But it's a tough start to rationalize in any format, especially PPR.
I don't understand the PPR comment. You realize he can catch don't you? Yes Riddick is there but Washington will get his. Cooter won't ignore that part skill set.

Eta: making fun of someone's spelling and grammar is sophomoric. Congrats!

Would I still hold IF he does poorly?  I know it gets upsetting at times, to hear every player on a team type stuff..

Hes a fringe player for me   Im already upset rostering him because I risk losing out on ___ (insert a fav rookie IDP)

My regret, if I have one, is not watching a terrible performance...  

IF I hear two yds..  Yeah thats no good for me   I cant do zeros for bye weeks over two yds!

But,,

This  https://youtu.be/L19qwz7ryZ8

Yeah, i will hang w/ two yds

Scientist  I block em if it gets like gay   their loss not mine   thanx though :wub:

I don't understand the PPR comment. You realize he can catch don't you? Yes Riddick is there but Washington will get his. Cooter won't ignore that part skill set.

They must be figuring Theo for like most all the receptions   I guess like an actual 3 down role period

They was like dead last for rushing last Season   It could be their plan

sorry  I was gonna poke fun!   Their talking like Theo is lead back, but also saying he will have the 3rd down role all to himself.

AA & Joique could catch the ball effectively as well. The targets last year were 99-38-27. This year it's been 10-5-0. Meaning not much has changed; 80-100 for Theo, 40 for the other tailback. Cooter has a known quantity in Theo. He's a lot better than most realize.

Again the b/u plan for the worst rushing team in the NFL is Theo Riddick?

I realize it might be correct..  It just seems inexcusable in some respects

IF I hear two yds..  Yeah thats no good for me   I cant do zeros for bye weeks over two yds!

But,,

This  https://youtu.be/L19qwz7ryZ8

Yeah, i will hang w/ two yds
Haha awesome clip. I met the Barbarian a couple years ago at an airport lounge. It was a warm spring day & he was wearing a full length fur coat. When we told him we were Lions fans...priceless look of pity.

:lol:  

Hope Washington does well. If he does it probably means we have a shot. And my RL allegiance outweighs the importance of my FF team about 10:1.

I'm not real fond of any of my RBs but I'm going with McCoy and Gio with the future hall of famer on the bench. Seriously, I think Washington has potential but I need to see him play and see what his role is going to be. 

In general don't approve of making fun of people, although I don't mind good-natured ribbing, however I am more likely to pass by a Dismattle post than give it a thorough reading.  It's a shame because I know there are some good points in them but they're typically not worth taking the time to sift through the disjointed commentary and translate the intent.

Clay Matthews and Safety Morgan Burnett ruled out for Sunday.  Good news if you are gonna be brave with Washington this week.

If Washington fumbles just once,Zenner will take over as the early down back,and if he has a decent game,everyone will be adding Zenner next week. That's why I sometimes hate this game, I own Washington in several leagues,so I hope he does well enough against a tough Green Bay run D,that he keeps the early down work,and blossoms into something more. BUT,his fumbling problems throughout College,worry me. It's going to be a lot harder in the Pros to hold onto the ball too. I hope he changed something since college,in the way he holds onto the ball when he runs. Coaches don't put up with fumbles and Zenner played pretty well before his injury last year. Washington should NEVER be started this week unless your in a 14-16 team league.

It is only 2 weeks played so far so still early for evaluation of match ups.

That said the Packers are leading the league in run defense after two games by a pretty wide margin. They have only allowed 78 rushing yards so far playing against the Jaguars and the Vikings. The league average is 209 yards.

This is 39 rushing yards/game so far, the league average is 101.6

They have allowed 1.6 ypc the league average is 3.9 ypc

Until a team runs the ball well against GB I think they need to be considered the worst match up for gaining rushing yards in the league right now.

As a whole the NFL has been defending the run a bit better over the first two weeks than they did on average in 2015 by .2 ypc and 8 yards per game. So I would expect those averages to slip as more games are played and that will include Green Bay but for now this is not a match up you want to try to break the mold with.

Washington can contribute as a receiver, so there is some reason for optimism there, however Riddick is going to get the majority of those opportunities. I think you are setting yourself up for failure thinking about starting Washington against the Packers this week.
To be fair, I don't think the GB rushing number is indicative of their actual run defense (and I think you alluded to this in your post). But the two teams that they have played: Jags o-line in run blocking is absolutely atrocious, and Minny isn't that good either. Not saying Detroit's line is some incredible unit by any means, simply saying that I don't think the GB run defense's numbers are entirely accurate just yet. 

In other words, the reasons I'm not starting Washington aren't due to fear of the GB run defense. It's other things. It's the same result in the end of choosing to sit Washington this week, but just different reasoning.

I agree that Green Bay likely won't be this good in run defense for the whole season. The match up is still a negative as far as the relative performance of defenses so far.

That wouldn't be the only reason to not start Washington, but I do think it is a factor to consider.

The Lions are more of a passing team anyways, and with Green Bays best corner (Shields) being out, the LIons will want to use their strength against the Packers weakness. I would expect more plays for Riddick as a part of that, although Washington can catch the ball as well, he didn't have any targets in the most recent game against the Titans. Abdullah did not have any targets either.

Lions week 2 snaps

T Riddick RB 51 65%

A Abdullah RB 17 22%

D Washington RB 11 14%

So without Abdullah available, Washingtons snaps might increase to 20 or so.

I do think Washington showed really good balance and burst on his run against the Titans where he spins out of a tackle attempt. He looked good there. If the match up was more neutral of favorable, instead of difficult, I think that would make him a better start than I think he is this week against a defense weaker against the pass than the run.

I was kinda hoping for more information exchange  ie.  How critical is acquisition before the GB game! 

Basically anything that would most likely become meaningless filler for the actual thread..

Were almost three weeks in..  What do really know?

Think theres a mastermind in NE   Thats just about it so far for me!

I realize some will say Pre-Season is meaningless!  Have ya never seen a whole team goin full bore, almost to the point of making ya chuckle?

(imho) It happens to start the Season too.  The level of performance is not sustained for any number of reasons.

Big Business needs to see improvement.  It could be subtle changes, but odds are there is in fact changes requested/required.

I  was nearly sick last Season seeing somethings remain unchanged for certain Teams..  Cant stop a Run up the middle?  Back to Back runs?  oic

Green Bay is actually quite the Defense for Big points Leagues.   It has been for years.  Detroit not so much

Its possible that both Teams are not showing their true colors this Season.  

Yesterday was my first actual opportunity to notice that Theo Riddick is being touted as right close to a Top 5 play!

It does take some of the sail out of my sails..

Prior to this boisterous proclamation by some sites..  I would have preferred to explain how little most teams (some players) really care to volunteer before games.

Some/Most might be inclined to think we get fed a line of :bs:

I dont wanna state something for fact that isnt..  But (imho) Green Bay might have prepped, maybe even manned up differently for Dwayne (if anticipated to be featured)

Now Stafford has always struck me as a competitor  Im not so sure picking up a blitz is so critical  Id almost figure him to chuckle at Dwayne as hes getting up from a sack..  "Man up   You're next catch is gonna be across the middle  You know that right"  

But nobody should really attempt to discount things which wont go unnoticed and/or pass as acceptable.

A few posts above, someone projects three yards.. Nailed it! If Swaggy is a little itchy, and puts the ball on the ground..  Thats all she wrote.

Disclaimer:  Dont change a lineup youve had set on Sunday morning..  If ya slept on it   Woke up okay with it  Leave him on the wire/bn

However, please enjoy a wonderful w/e of NFL Football!

I was kinda hoping for more information exchange  ie.  How critical is acquisition before the GB game! 
No offense, but you posted that you were looking for an information exchange on Dwayne Washington but you have yet to provide anything useful yourself.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here (or any of your other posts for that matter).  It seems like you're just posting any random, disjointed and disorganized thought that comes into you head that may or may not be remotely related to Dwayne Washington.  Not very helpful for others and if you're looking for information yourself no one, IMO, is going to be able to respond to you because they have no idea what you're talking about.

Maybe coalescing your thoughts and putting them into a more clear, concise and organized structure might help.

yeah  i hear ya   its hard for me to read you because Im stuck on why ya copied and pasted everything

Anyway  not much here for ya   I got ya! 

The Packer defense is incredibly thin.  I am considering playing Stafford over Wilson.  If Washington gets carries he should be fairly successful 
Well, I'm in the boat where I have to start him or Chris Ivory today so I'm going to roll with Washington.  The news about Mathews and Guion being out has helped me make that choice easier, though.

Captain Hook said:

This is what ya guys need to read..  I respect, and appreciate Hooks input

Basically anything that would most likely become meaningless filler for the actual thread..

Were almost three weeks in..  What do really know?

Think theres a mastermind in NE   Thats just about it so far for me!

I realize some will say Pre-Season is meaningless!  Have ya never seen a whole team goin full bore, almost to the point of making ya chuckle?

(imho) It happens to start the Season too.  The level of performance is not sustained for any number of reasons.

Big Business needs to see improvement.  It could be subtle changes, but odds are there is in fact changes requested/required.

I  was nearly sick last Season seeing somethings remain unchanged for certain Teams..  Cant stop a Run up the middle?  Back to Back runs?  oic

Green Bay is actually quite the Defense for Big points Leagues.   It has been for years.  Detroit not so much

Its possible that both Teams are not showing their true colors this Season.  

Yesterday was my first actual opportunity to notice that Theo Riddick is being touted as right close to a Top 5 play!

It does take some of the sail out of my sails..

Prior to this boisterous proclamation by some sites..  I would have preferred to explain how little most teams (some players) really care to volunteer before games.

Some/Most might be inclined to think we get fed a line of :bs:

I dont wanna state something for fact that isnt..  But (imho) Green Bay might have prepped, maybe even manned up differently for Dwayne (if anticipated to be featured)

Now Stafford has always struck me as a competitor  Im not so sure picking up a blitz is so critical  Id almost figure him to chuckle at Dwayne as hes getting up from a sack..  "Man up   You're next catch is gonna be across the middle  You know that right"  

But nobody should really attempt to discount things which wont go unnoticed and/or pass as acceptable.

A few posts above, someone projects three yards.. Nailed it! If Swaggy is a little itchy, and puts the ball on the ground..  Thats all she wrote.

Disclaimer:  Dont change a lineup youve had set on Sunday morning..  If ya slept on it   Woke up okay with it  Leave him on the wire/bn

However, please enjoy a wonderful w/e of NFL Football!
What the hell man.. this fails 3rd grade writing.

Nobody is even trying to read your posts at this point.

You guys feeling nervous? Man, when's the last time you beat Detroit at home? Feels like forever don't it?
Nervous?  Nah.

Don't like seeing our D that beat up after they have been keeping the team in games while the offense sputters.  But not nervous.

I backed off w/ the news of Drake starting for Miami.. 

I could see writing a post piece in either direction

Did ya know Theo is/was the best rated RB by pff for receptions   The kicker is hes like anything but for rushing (forget the number) 

I tweeted a Lions fan    He suspects ceiling of 50 yds w/ a TD for Dwayne   (says he hasnt seen much)

Users who are viewing this thread