What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PPR Flex - Marshall, Gore, Gio, Sims - WHIR (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
Full Point PPR - need a Flex
Brandon Marshall - at Kansas City - 4 PM Start - Game Time Decision
Giovani Bernard - home vs. Denver - 1 PM Start
Frank Gore - home vs. San Diego - 4 PM Start
Charles Sims - home vs. LA Rams - 4 PM Start

My other starters are
RB1 - David Johnson
RB2 - Melvin Gordon
WR1 - Brandin Cooks
WR2 - Stefon Diggs

My opponent started Gronk and Amendola on Thursday, so that helps ;)

Leave a link and I will respond - thanks!

Honestly any of them are very good options. I'd not play Gio and wait until around 4 to see if Marshall starts. Else either other RB could go. You drafted well since, somehow, you have at least 3 of the top 24 players in PPR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Draft had good and bad and a lot of luck.  I also drafted Keenan Allen, which looked brilliant for half a game.  Then in the sixth round I had to pick an RB (since I already had 3 good WR and was determined to take Josh Gordon in the seventh round), and was choosing between Melvin Gordon, Danny Woodhead and Ameer Abdullah.  I picked Melvin Gordon because I thought a healthy Keenan Allen would steer the Chargers toward a more traditional balanced offense.  That decision also looked doubly brilliant until half time of week 1, at which point I was kicking myself for not taking Woodhead.  I wasn't looking to dump Gordon immediately or anything, but if I had to make a cut he might have been the first guy to go.  (We have a short bench).

Then week 2 and Woodhead and Abdullah both get hurt.  Now I'm an evil genius again.

If you also got Allen you got 4 of the top 24 players in all of PPR. You are playing against stiffs so you have nothing to worry about.

I'm doing whatever i can to start Sims this week. That said, everything I've heard says Marshall is almost a lock to play. With that being the case I'd go both and sit Diggs, but if you really want to play it 100% safe, start sims at flex.

Crazy as this sounds, Gore has the best matchup and I can see him performing adequately in flex. That said, still a risky move.

Even if Marshall starts I have a feeling he's going to be more decoy/blocker than being healthy enough to stretch the field.

Gio agains Denver D may spell trouble.

Sims has a tough matchup as well as the Rams D is tough on paper, but the team is still trying to gel and get right, and I am betting it does not happen on the road.

With Martin ailing I like Sims as your best choice here.

Answer mine?

I lean towards Sims. 

Go against Den stay away from.

Marshall I'd normally start but he doesn't play hurt well. Can disappear.

Thanks for answering mine.

Here's the news about Marshall:

Summary: 

Jets WR Brandon Marshall is expected to be on the Active List. But he's likely to be limited. From our Game Day Expectation page: "Sunday AM Update: Adam Schefter reports Marshall will play today but likely be on a snap count. Marshall sounded more optimistic yesterday afternoon. I suspect this is an injury most players would not play through. There are weather concerns and matchup concerns. Marshall has a low statistical floor today."

So he's not on my list any more - choosing between Sims and Gore - Sims seems like the best option

Users who are viewing this thread