What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The King. RIP (1 Viewer)

What a great run. When he missed the Masters I thought it didn't look good. He'll be missed. A great ambassador and the father of player endorsements. 

What a great run. When he missed the Masters I thought it didn't look good. He'll be missed. A great ambassador and the father of player endorsements. 
I worked his event this year. He took his usual spot in his shirt and tie with his wife sitting in his golf cart on the tip of the 16th tee and received every player that made the weekend. He looked terrible but still did it, probably knowing it was the last time. The best ambassador golf has ever had.

Incredible what he did for the game of golf - he was the star to watch from the early days and into his Champions career - Armies all over the world. Even the last place guys today are making big sums of money that he made possible. Glad I was able to see him play several times.

RIP

Damn.

I worked the PGA Championship in '84 at Shoal Creek.  During the practice round got a visor signed by everyone.  Jack, Trevino, Watson, Norman, Seve, Floyd, Crenshaw, etc.  

I got every autograph easily, including Nicklaus...except the guy who had a mob around him at all times...The King.

How appropriate that I am drinking an Arnold Palmer as I read this. 

RIP Arnold. You will live forever in my refrigerator. 

How appropriate that I am drinking an Arnold Palmer as I read this. 

RIP Arnold. You will live forever in my refrigerator. 
By the way, I didn't mean this literally. I'm not trying to re-animate his cadaver in my refrigerator. I just drink a lot of iced tea and lemonade. 

You knew it was coming but still a gut punch.  There was a good article on si or espn a few month back about how approachable he was. Would hang out at the club with whoever wanted to hang out. rip King

Users who are viewing this thread