What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Active Shooter in Houston (1 Viewer)

from Fox

The suspected shooter “has been shot by our officers,” Houston Police said in a tweet. “No reports of other suspects at this time.”

Those who were shot were being transported to area hospitals, the HPD tweeted.

A fire official said some people were shot while insider their cars and the conditions of those wounded was varied.

Police said in an earlier statement that the incident was “believed to be contained,” though residents were asked to continue avoiding the area.

The shopping center was “still an active response and investigation scene,” the statement said.

Police scanners reported at 6:30 a.m. that a male suspect was firing on vehicles with a revolver, according toABC13.

Damn.   Thoughts and prayers to Houston.  It's mind numbing how these types of things are becoming a relatively common occurrence.  

Not many answers given at the news conference. 9 injured, 6 hospitalized. Bomb squad currently investigating shooter's car. Shooter is dead. 

As an aside: Houston area reporters on the scene =  :X . 

ETA: Shooter was an attorney and it's being reported that he was upset with his law firm. So, you know, light up a parking lot. Unbelievable. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy. I live about 3 miles from there. That area is pretty upper class, close to Rice University and the Medical Center -- not someplace you'd expect a mass-shooting on a Monday morning.

Thank goodness it appears that the shooter is the only one dead but at least one victim is critical.

so not a Muslim.... just a depressed nut?

can we still call him a terrorist? or is that reserved?
Well, he was wearing a Nazi uniform and they found Nazi paraphernalia in his home.  

Do we have any concerns about an emerging white nationalist movement in the United States? 

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife works down the street from where this took place ... so blessed that she didn't hold office hours today.  Too close to home.

I hope the victims fully recover quickly, I can't imagine the mental fallout they will have to deal with ... ugh

has there been any sign of motive yet? he just snapped? any precipitating circumstance that led to it? am I wrong that he was a partner in a law firm? anybody know which kind of law (not sure why that's important to me...)

Users who are viewing this thread