What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP waiver wire week 3 (1 Viewer)

Get Jatavis Brown FAST.  I've been on his hype train for a while now:

http://www.chargers.com/news/2016/08/08/rookie-jatavis-brown-making-impression

http://bsndenver.com/nine-players-the-broncos-could-draft-at-linebacker/

Jatavis Brown, LB, Akron

So far we’ve offered up an under the radar or sleeper prospect for every position we’ve covered. No one more so than Brown, who both seems like a realistic late-round target for the Broncos and also fits the needs and profile of former players at the position.  He’s a classic undersized LB who plays way bigger than his size (5-11 217 lbs.). Watch his tape and you see a fearless linebacker who flies sideline to sideline and isn’t hiding behind the line, but rather flying through gaps and making plays behind the line of scrimmage. He tackles with an aggressive edge and is very good about wrapping up with his arms, as he has very few missed tackles despite a lack of power. The area in which Brown excelled (much like Trevathan) is in coverage where he shows superb instincts, flexibility and top end speed to shadow and cover opposing TEs and RBs. He’s very underrated due to his small school pedigree and his diminutive size, but he fits the exact type of backer who’s been overlooked and then succeeded in the Bronco system. A worthwhile late-round pick.
http://football.realgm.com/analysis/2793/2016-NFL-Draft-Favorite-Picks-For-All-32-Teams

San Diego Chargers: Jatavis Brown

Strip away the height issue (he’s 5’11”) and just watch how effectively the Akron inside backer dominated the entire field for the Zips. He did everything Myles Jack did defensively at UCLA and is an equally impressive athlete. The size concern is legit, as is the jump in competition from what was the weakest MAC in years. I think Brown becomes a strong nickel backer and special teams dynamo right away, at minimum. That’s fifth-round gold for the Chargers.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2604096-college-football-seniors-who-have-improved-their-draft-stock-the-most/page/2

The Mid-American Conference is good for at least one notable defensive prospect each year, with recent standouts including Buffalo linebacker Khalil Mack and Northern Illinois safety Jimmie Ward in 2013 and Miami (Ohio) cornerback Quinten Rollins last season. This time around, it's the top defender from a program that reached unprecedented levels of success in 2015.

Jatavis Brown was the heart and soul of an Akron defense that ranked third in the nation against the run, winning eight games for the first time since moving to the FBS level in 1987. The 5'11”, 222-pound linebacker was a beast for the Zips, leading them in tackles (116), tackles for loss (20), sacks (12) and forced fumbles (four).

Akron began the season with losses to Oklahoma and Pittsburgh, and in those games, Brown had a combined 23 tackles, 3.5 sacks and 3.5 tackles for loss. He then wrapped his career up with 1.5 sacks, 2.5 TFLs and a forced fumble in the Zips' Potato Bowl win over Utah State.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/class-sleepers-afc-west/

San Diego Chargers – Jatavis Brown, OLB, Akron 5th rd. 38th pick (#175 overall)

Looking to improve some of their overall depth and team speed at linebacker the Chargers took a big step towards that direction by selecting the 2015 MAC Defensive Player of the Year in Akron’s Jatavis Brown, with their fifth-round pick.

Brown, who at 5’11” and 227 pounds ran a 4.47 at one of the NFL’s regional combines, was a tackling machine for Akron. In his four-years he totaled 340 tackles, a school-record 41.5 tackles for loss, 16.5 sacks, and 10 forced fumbles.

Brown possesses terrific instincts for the linebacker position. He plays fast and hard with a non-stop motor. Brown’s ability to quickly change directions, and natural-bend allow him to chase down ball carriers from sideline-to-sideline. He is an explosive tackler who can quickly close in on his targets.

Although he is strong (33 reps at 225-pounds) Brown’s size and ability to take on impact at the point of contact remain a slight concern in terms of how he will hold up physically in the NFL.

The Chargers will start him off at inside linebacker where he will be backing up starters Denzel Perryman and Manti Te’o, but with his speed, quickness, and tacking ability a future move to safety isn’t totally out of the question for Brown.

Cory James.  I mentioned him as a deep sleeper a few weeks ago, and he started yesterday, 7 tackles I think.  Available in most leagues.

@massraider So what is the outlook? Were they happy with his performance and looking to stick with him or is Heeney coming around again at some point you think? I own him as well so just wondering since I didn't catch the game

Kerr Hyder is doing well in ziggy ansah's stead. No idea what ansah's expected return is but dt required leagues he is a good target.

Teo out is a boon for me. Lotto picked Josh Perry and added brown last week. 

Props to mr's snap count thread from me, too. Added Cory last week. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
CBS has Reshad Jones listed as questionable. An I crazy to drop him for Tony Jefferson?  The move would also help with a bye week problem when I have 2 IDP players out the same week.

CBS has Reshad Jones listed as questionable. An I crazy to drop him for Tony Jefferson?  The move would also help with a bye week problem when I have 2 IDP players out the same week.
Yes- you would be crazy.  Keep Reshad but figure out how to solve the bye week problem you mentioned.  Reshad is the top DB IMO.

I have been frustrated this year at safety, I just cannnot get some decent starters, after going big on Abe Campbell and Calvin Pryor to start the season.  Derrick Kindred the latest to do nothing for me.  So take my opinion lightly:

Da'Norris Searcy out several weeks with ankle injury.  Daimion Stafford was seeing defensive snaps beore Searcy was injured, and Rashad Johnson definitely plays deep, so hopefully I have a box safety on my hands that also plays all ST.  Free off the waiver wire as well.  

I picked up Adrian Amos, but it turns out Harold Jones-Quartey played more in the box, at least according to what I read.  I went to make the switch, but Jones-Quartey in the concussion protocol.  DNP yesterday.  

I have been frustrated this year at safety, I just cannnot get some decent starters, after going big on Abe Campbell and Calvin Pryor to start the season.  Derrick Kindred the latest to do nothing for me.  So take my opinion lightly:

Da'Norris Searcy out several weeks with ankle injury.  Daimion Stafford was seeing defensive snaps beore Searcy was injured, and Rashad Johnson definitely plays deep, so hopefully I have a box safety on my hands that also plays all ST.  Free off the waiver wire as well.  

I picked up Adrian Amos, but it turns out Harold Jones-Quartey played more in the box, at least according to what I read.  I went to make the switch, but Jones-Quartey in the concussion protocol.  DNP yesterday.  
I know it is just a technicality but Ibraheim is his first name and it's not pronounced like "Abraham."

I also share your frustration with Calvin Pryor... shewweee I was wrong on him being a monster this year.

Keep an eye on Kevin Byard in Tennesse... He's my favorite of the group and seems to be a favorite of the coaching staff as a rookie.

Deon Bush chance in Chicago?? He's another deep guy I've been watching.

Since Pryor was mentioned, do we still feel he's a dynasty hold? I want to be patient but there seems to be no hope.

Users who are viewing this thread