What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade help (1 Viewer)

need2know

Footballguy
I am in one league with a really struggling team.  About to be 0-3.  Trying to decide how to try and fix it.  The team is not great but combined with some horrible sit start choices I have hurt myself a bit.

Start qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, k, def

Ppr, 10 yards per rush pt, 20 yards per rec pt, 25 pass pt, get rtn stats

Winston

Ingram, l. Murray, ware, gio, d. Washington

Ar15, maclin, djax, lockett, dorsett

Troy burton

McManus

Miami

Looking to get Rudolph or braten (sp), the tb te to help my te spot.  And gonna drop miami for some streaming def.

How else can I help this team?  I try to start some trade talk to upgrade my wr using a wr/rb of mine and get nowhere.  No one wants to trade. Only bites I have gotten is l. Murray for travis benjamin. I thought going in qb would be my biggest issue but winston has been fine 2 out of 3 weeks.  It seems I need another wr but the ones people want to give me aren't much better than maclin / djax.  Should I just hold tight?  I have a bunch of underperformers so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would sell L Murray if you can.  It's looking more like an RBBC in Oakland...Ware and Gio can hold the fort down as a RB2.

Murray for T Benjamin isn't terrible, but I think you could do better than that.  T Benjamin isn't much different from Maclin and DJax....just makes a headache as to who to start in the WR2 and WR3 spots.  I would try and sell Murray and DJax and try and get a WR like Cooks.

Good luck.....your team is quite average and it's going to be tough to fix it.

I would sell L Murray if you can.  It's looking more like an RBBC in Oakland...Ware and Gio can hold the fort down as a RB2.

Murray for T Benjamin isn't terrible, but I think you could do better than that.  T Benjamin isn't much different from Maclin and DJax....just makes a headache as to who to start in the WR2 and WR3 spots.  I would try and sell Murray and DJax and try and get a WR like Cooks.

Good luck.....your team is quite average and it's going to be tough to fix it.
What about Amari cooper?

He would be a good target as well with that combo of L. Murray/Maclin. If Jamaal Charles is still out another week, you could try and sell Ware while he still has some good value.

Gonna try to package l. Murray with one of wrs.  Would like to keep maclin though.  Would love to get rid of lockett

Lockett is almost droppable considering lack of targets and knee injury - especially in a re-draft league (unless points are awarded for return yards). Just a hard guy to sell right now. You could try Jackson but he's so boom/bust week to week and it's Maclin's consistency that makes him valuable even if he isn't putting up huge numbers week in and week out.

So you are looking at 0-3 and yes, it's time to take some chances.  Let's first look at your roster.  By far your weak spot to me looks like TE where Burton just doesn't cut it for me.  Time for an upgrade.  You need to also take some calculated risk to turn things around.  Identify those guys you think will continue to have a big year and go hard after them.  For example: I believe Indy will be relying heavily on TY Hilton with Moncrief out so I would go hard after him.  Maybe you think New England will ride Blount all year now and you are willing to overpay for him?  I don't really feel that way.  Identify other slow starting teams that need to do something.  You have to take some risk and overpay for the guys you think will rebound.  Then also be active on the waiver wire, grab 2nd string RB on teams that produce good RB statistics and see if you get lucky on an injury.

This might be the perfect buy low opportunity for a guy like Julian Edelman who you know will get plastered with targets from Tom Brady upon his return after Week 4.

Haha, good timing on your response. You might want to see if Kenneth Dixon is available on waivers but he's still a bit of a stash and you might not be able to wait for him to take over that backfield in Baltimore. You could buy low on Eddie Lacy (who is on bye this week).

Users who are viewing this thread